Firstly the search presented posts from 2009, I don't want to be that person that revives a dead thread.

Ok, so now that I have that out of the way let's get down to business. I use a few themes, beautiful work btw. I have great respect for the talent demonstrated. The issue I get at times is that after uninstalling other apps, not themes, all the icons go completely whacked out. The Media Icons are all the stock folder and located outside of the Media "Sub Folder" as well as in the Media Folder. The applications in the "Applications" folder are weird as well.

My question is this, is there a quicker way to correct the icons without resetting the theme back to stock, reset icon placement, then change back to the custom theme, and then putting the icons back to the desired locations.

Can themes use a CFG type file for icon location, names ect. Much like how QL saves its configuration to the SD card. Maybe I am expecting too much from a theme but I would really like to know if this can be done. Not that I would expect current theme developer to change their hard work to accommodate this functionality, but more curious rather.
    06-30-11 05:20 AM
    Firstly the search presented posts from 2009, I don't want to be that person that revives a dead thread.

Ok, so now that I have that out of the way let's get down to business. I use a few themes, beautiful work btw. I have great respect for the talent demonstrated. The issue I get at times is that after uninstalling other apps, not themes, all the icons go completely whacked out. The Media Icons are all the stock folder and located outside of the Media "Sub Folder" as well as in the Media Folder. The applications in the "Applications" folder are weird as well.

My question is this, is there a quicker way to correct the icons without resetting the theme back to stock, reset icon placement, then change back to the custom theme, and then putting the icons back to the desired locations.

Can themes use a CFG type file for icon location, names ect. Much like how QL saves its configuration to the SD card. Maybe I am expecting too much from a theme but I would really like to know if this can be done. Not that I would expect current theme developer to change their hard work to accommodate this functionality, but more curious rather.
    This is basically a bug in the theme builder. If a developer decides to insert a web link (generally as a signature or to introduce his/her other themes) it results in pushing out the icons in your media and intstant messages folder.

I'm not sure why it happens, but if the developer skips this, a hard reset will not affect your icon arrangement.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 06:34 AM
    Ok, thanks alot for the info. So it is nothing that I did personally and just something I will have to deal with. Have a great day.
    06-30-11 06:38 AM
    Well I had to get rid of the best theme I had because of the damn icon crap. Too bad too. Looks like I am going to take a dive into them building myself. At least I will know what I want in a theme and learn how to avoid some of the pitfalls.
    06-30-11 09:53 AM
    I have no links in any of my themes (see signature), so they will not do this to your phone. I know exactly what you're talking about, it used to be rather annoying.
    06-30-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD