I just purchased the iphone theme on this site, after the installation, my 3days old torch died. Phone rebooted and now its just white screen with App Error 602 on it. Nothing else works.

Any suggestions?
    12-29-10 01:08 PM
    Plain and simple answer, Reload the OS and dump the the theme, if it is the theme you think that caused it. There are plenty of how to threads around here to walk you step by step through the process.
    12-29-10 01:10 PM
    I would also suggest contacting the theme developer and requesting a fix for the problem or a refund of your money if the theme caused the error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 01:17 PM
    I'll try restoring OS when i get home and go from there then. I don't why i even messed with it, stupid theme.

Thanks guys
    12-29-10 01:24 PM
    Restoring the OS
    12-29-10 01:49 PM
    Just found out from the theme developer that this is the common thing on torch.

Re: Help! Torch broken down from nowhere. App Erro... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    12-29-10 03:14 PM
    Nice of him to tell you now....
    12-29-10 03:25 PM
    iphone themes casuing blackberry to die?!!..stop making iphone themes..hahahaha
    12-30-10 12:26 AM
    Good one calebdexter..mladiciko its not normal for the torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 12:44 AM
    Just found out from the theme developer that this is the common thing on torch.

Re: Help! Torch broken down from nowhere. App Erro... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I think the 602 error is not a common thing on the Torch. This thread indicates 5 people who were messing around on their phones. 2 of them were removing unwanted languages. While 602's happen from time to time, I do not believe they are common on the Torch. I've taken mine to h*** and back with software add/removes as well as device wipes/reloads and have yet to ever see a 602 error on it.

<on soapbox>Honestly, I believe your theme is to blame, but because of buggy software from RIM. The theme developer software that all theme developers (free or paid) use is still in beta and has bugs. I personally am staying away from any OS6 themes until RIM puts out a version of TD that isn't in beta and the theme developers have had time to fix the bugs. <off soapbox>
    12-30-10 06:47 AM
    well, common or not common, that's what happened. I got my phone running again per theme developer's instructions. Had to get into the safe mode first, then rebooted and it was working fine afterwards. Then i went back and installed the theme again, just to make sure, to see if it's the theme that cause it. Installed it fine, phomne running fine with the iphone theme.
    Anyways, in case anyone else gets the the same error here are instructions how to get into safe mode and then you can do back up or whatever you need to:

The first thing you want to do is see if you can boot using Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts your device up without any third party applications running, so it's a great way to see if it's a random file system error or a software issue.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Remove and reinsert the battery.

2. When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key (back button) as the device is loading.

3. When the dialog appears, click OK.

Did it boot okay? If it did, plug it into your computer via. USB, and back up your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. This way all your data, programs, and settings are saved.

12-30-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD