looking for a decent looking iphone theme for the torch. the only reason i want it is to **** of my coworkers because they all think their new iphone is amazing. i want to show them that my phone can do what theirs can to plus more!!! any links would be much appriciated
    11-14-10 09:55 AM
    11-14-10 09:58 AM
    It's not that great a theme, though........in my opinion. It definitely won't "show them" when you compare because you may be tempted to try to treat your Torch the same way as their iPhones and it just won't work that way.

Let me clarify. I have an iPod Touch. I also have a Torch. I wanted to try to have the best of both worlds and got this iBerry theme so that my Torch would feel like an iPhone or my iPod Touch. Well, the problem is that while it "sorta" looked similar it didn't move anywhere near my ipod touch at all and just made the Torch appear to be so clunky which it is NOT.

I guess the moral to the story is, if you love the look of an iphone, that's fine, rock it and enjoy it. However, if you're trying to impress people with your BB, impress them with it's BlackBerry capabilities and let all the BB stuff shine. It's not an iPhone and doesn't have quite the same selling points that an iphone has but the Torch does have just as many if you ask me. They're just a little bit different.

I just think if you try to make it look identical to an iphone you may just lose the bet, mainly because the iphone type themes for blackberry only replicate the look not the same exact sliding functions and so, while you TRY to do the same things, you can't and it ends up making the BB pale in comparison when it really does not at all. It's simply a different animal. Personally, for fun, I love my ipod touch but for making actual calls and for keeping track of things, I can't part with my BB.

Look in the theme store here in Crackberry. I was JUST looking for the same thing as I also love the look of the iphone but already have the theme that the above poster linked to. There are others but I don't know how those are compared to this one. I just know that no matter which one you get, you still might not convince iphone users that your BB is just as good. Stick with showing off your Torch as a BlackBerry and show it off as one and you'll have a better chance.
    11-14-10 10:32 AM
    well thank you
    11-14-10 10:33 AM
    You're welcome.

Oh, the irony. I came to the forum intending on looking for the exact same type of theme and I end up trying to talk you out of one. lol

Seriously, you should get one if you want but understand that, for the reasons you stated above, you'll probably end up frustrated and p*ssed off. I know I was and then I just learned to carry both my Torch and my ipod Touch and just get on with my life. ;
    11-14-10 10:53 AM
    I saw a few other "i" themes in the store as well, but this one appeared the closest. If you want to show off what your Torch can do, I agree with LJ4 but would add; if you REALLY want to use a theme to show off your Torch, download several (free or paid) and show off the fact that your Torch can handle themes and their iToy can't.
    11-14-10 12:34 PM
    Vince the Pronce has a good one for sale called Eye04. Great rebuild opf the new apple os. Only challenge is that the new theme builderr is creating lots of challenges for landscape use.... If you don't mind having to wait for landscape suppoirt the theme is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 07:15 AM
    Any new "iphone - like" themes for the torch that people really like. Would love to see some. thanks!
    03-02-11 06:46 PM
    Yea same iberry isn't that great- I can't even get the screen to slide over to the next set of icons.

03-02-11 07:35 PM
    4Giberry- just downloaded it- looks great, icons could look sharper but LS mode works! That's a big deal to me bc its hard for me to justify paying for a theme that doesn't even render right in ls.

03-02-11 11:08 PM
    4Giberry- just downloaded it- looks great, icons could look sharper but LS mode works! That's a big deal to me bc its hard for me to justify paying for a theme that doesn't even render right in ls.

Can you post the link please ?
    03-03-11 02:12 PM
    Will do! Give me a few!

03-03-11 02:34 PM
    Hi All

New realease for the weakend * Gi-Phone* based on the beloved Iphone OS
    Fast and very smooth and responsive
    Any wallpaper will show through the "hole" and is perfect for Berryweather
    Portrait mode displays Today through the "hole"

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...84#post6105284

Lemme know what you think

G
    03-04-11 09:05 AM
    HERE WE GO VERSION 3.0 !!!!

3 New Versions to choose from, hopefully this will keep everyone happy for a while

I have also fixed the following bugs from version 2.0

Landscape Freezing gone
    Battery issue resolved

Ok so without further a due lets get to the 3 themes:

Version 1: If you want a Hidden Today then this one is for you

Version 2: Plain - If you like full screen Iphone icons then grab this one

Version 3: BWeather - If you have the full Berryweather App then download this one

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...84#post6105284

Or download all 3!!!!

Remember Battery Pull

Please leave a comment as this is the only thanks I get for my themes

Enjoy

G
    03-08-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD