I see your points however I am still quite adamant about the QL hotspot. The way I see it is it broadens the userability and essentially doesn't harm this theme at all. As for those who don't have QL the hotspot would simply do nothing and if they wish to open the App screen here's always the BB menu key.

On a side note I just noticed that the sound profile icon (on the bottom dock via back key) is about 40-50% cut off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Foberry; 11-26-10 at 08:10 PM.
    11-26-10 02:02 PM
    I picked this up earlier today and it is a great theme. My only feedback so far is the banner on the home screen. If it was gray like on the other screens with the blue meters I think the home screen would look even better.

Great job though, looking forward to updates with landscape mode and other new features!
    11-26-10 10:38 PM
    I picked this up earlier today and it is a great theme. My only feedback so far is the banner on the home screen. If it was gray like on the other screens with the blue meters I think the home screen would look even better.

Great job though, looking forward to updates with landscape mode and other new features!
    On the Storm version we used the gray banner with blue/green meters all the way throughout the theme. I have to say, after using both for an extended period of time I sort of prefer the black banner on the home screen.

Still, I'll definitely take this suggestion into consideration. It's a big update though and it might be jarring to all the other users who like it as is, but if I get enough feedback supporting this change we'll definitely oblige.
    11-27-10 02:52 PM
    Before I buy the theme I have a quick question. When I lock it will I need to slide to unlock like the real iPhone? Please say yes
    11-28-10 04:19 AM
    Before I buy the theme I have a quick question. When I lock it will I need to slide to unlock like the real iPhone? Please say yes
    RIM removed the lock screen and replaced it with a simple "Screen is locked" dialog box. Even if we wanted to include such functionality we wouldn't be able to because of this.

It locks the same way every other theme does. (=
    wliambas likes this.
    11-28-10 10:43 AM
    There is actually an app for this

It's called BerrySlider! There is a free and premium version! It gives you the exact functionality you're looking for. Check it out at the link below!

http://www.stormgrounds.com/downloadApps.php?aid=11

**Not sure why it's not displaying as an actual link but if you copy and paste the link into your BB's Browser it'll take you to the free version. There is also a link that takes you to the premium version (which of course has a lot more features!**

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jleeblanch; 11-28-10 at 11:09 AM.
    wliambas likes this.
    11-28-10 11:02 AM
    Just Received my Torch yesterday (Saturday) !!! YES (y) and I will be more that willing AND able to Beta-Test your theme(s) for you.

Let's GO Theme-Squad...hehehehe

Regards,
    11-28-10 02:39 PM
    On the Storm version we used the gray banner with blue/green meters all the way throughout the theme. I have to say, after using both for an extended period of time I sort of prefer the black banner on the home screen.

Still, I'll definitely take this suggestion into consideration. It's a big update though and it might be jarring to all the other users who like it as is, but if I get enough feedback supporting this change we'll definitely oblige.
    I prefer the black banner on the home screen, but just my $.02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 03:39 PM
    Hastings. Is there no landscape functionality with this them? I see no landscape screenshots at all!
    11-28-10 07:31 PM
    Hastings. Is there no landscape functionality with this them? I see no landscape screenshots at all!
    Just like the actual iPhone, there is no landscape functionality. In addition, a software bug prevents us from disabling the landscape homescreen, so your device will display just the default background when flipped horizontally.

When we get access to the new development tools we will properly disable the landscape homescreen from popping up. For now though, it's an open bug.

Hope this answers your question!
    11-28-10 07:43 PM
    Hastings...I am loving this theme! I always liked the iOS interface when I had a 3Gs, but I love the functionality of the Berry more. This kind of gives me best of both! Anyway, had a question...
    Is there any possibility of having BB Messenger on the Today screen instead of SMS? I've never built a theme, so I have no clue as to whether or not it's possible to put that in. Would be cool if it was user changeable (choice of email, sms, bbm). For me personally, I just happen to bbm and email, hardly ever text.
    Anyway, just throwing the idea out there, since I pretty much leave the theme on the today screen.
    11-29-10 07:27 AM
    Hastings...I am loving this theme! I always liked the iOS interface when I had a 3Gs, but I love the functionality of the Berry more. This kind of gives me best of both! Anyway, had a question...
    Is there any possibility of having BB Messenger on the Today screen instead of SMS? I've never built a theme, so I have no clue as to whether or not it's possible to put that in. Would be cool if it was user changeable (choice of email, sms, bbm). For me personally, I just happen to bbm and email, hardly ever text.
    Anyway, just throwing the idea out there, since I pretty much leave the theme on the today screen.
    Hey John,

I was the exact same way. I love my iPad, but I just can't get away from BBM and my love for BlackBerry devices.

It's theoretically possible to allow user customization of the "Today" screen, but it would take some serious code and redesign to pull it off cleanly. Heck, even getting those Today elements to slide left and right was a feat onto itself.

I don't have a problem creating a separate iteration of iBerry 4 with BBM in place of other options, but that won't happen until the tools are out of beta. I tend to agree with you, I'm a BBM junkie so it's something I would personally use myself.

Depending on how "fixed" the official tools end up being, there could potentially be some major changes to the theme going forward.

Thanks for the feedback!
    john_v likes this.
    11-29-10 11:02 AM
    ...It's theoretically possible to allow user customization of the "Today" screen, but it would take some serious code and redesign to pull it off cleanly. Heck, even getting those Today elements to slide left and right was a feat onto itself...
    The sliders work great...I think the today screen adds an awesome element, as well as the back arrow function.

...I don't have a problem creating a separate iteration of iBerry 4 with BBM in place of other options, but that won't happen until the tools are out of beta. I tend to agree with you, I'm a BBM junkie so it's something I would personally use myself.

Depending on how "fixed" the official tools end up being, there could potentially be some major changes to the theme going forward...
    Swapping the BBM for the SMS would make this the ultimate theme!

...Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for listening!
    11-29-10 01:57 PM
    amazing job on the theme
    11-30-10 10:51 AM
    Have it installed, work'n it now, great job on this theme. Yerp working like a champ!
    11-30-10 01:51 PM
    Thanks everybody!

Today has been a bit crazy with the contest going on with CrackBerry and tech support, but generally it's been very positive comments!

We'll keep the updates coming as new suggestions and ideas are brought forward.
    11-30-10 01:58 PM
    hey there! bought this theme this morning and so far so good! just a few questions tho
    in the orginal os6 theme whenever i connected to my wifi or 3g connection you would see the BIS symbol telling you where it is connected.. but there so no bis symbol now? was it missed? UPDATE: ok if i went to the connections page i see the bis symbol on the right side.. just only on the home screen (left side) i do not see the bis symbol
    also.. is it necessary to install the RealCal app for the torch? i wasn't sure but i left it out...
    and for my calendar icon the date number itself is very faded where as in your screenshot the number is not faded is this due to not installing the RealCal? here's a screen shot

last thing.. does that mean there will be no support for docks and the igrip car stand in landscape mode?
    Last edited by ChaSiuBao; 11-30-10 at 03:33 PM.
    11-30-10 02:58 PM
    hey there! bought this theme this morning and so far so good! just a few questions tho
    in the orginal os6 theme whenever i connected to my wifi or 3g connection you would see the BIS symbol telling you where it is connected.. but there so no bis symbol now? was it missed? UPDATE: ok if i went to the connections page i see the bis symbol on the right side.. just only on the home screen (left side) i do not see the bis symbol
    also.. is it necessary to install the RealCal app for the torch? i wasn't sure but i left it out...
    and for my calendar icon the date number itself is very faded where as in your screenshot the number is not faded is this due to not installing the RealCal? here's a screen shot

last thing.. does that mean there will be no support for docks and the igrip car stand in landscape mode?
    We're looking for a place to add what WiFi network you're connected to. For now, if you open up the "Manage Connections" application using the "Back" button shortcut on the homescreen you can quickly see your network.

I recommend prioritizing your network connections accordingly so that you can be sure you're always on your home network.

As for the calendar icon, it looks like you haven't installed the separate calendar application yet. When you get your receipt for iBerry 4, you should have also received a 'Developers Message' which contains this (check out #2):

"Before you get started, you should know a few things:

1) You're participating in an OPEN BETA, which means you can expect some bugs here and there. Check out the dedicated FAQ section built into the theme for a list of the known issues.
    2) The updating calendar icon is a separate application, and requires a separate install. Once you run The iPhone Simulator, if you scroll down to the bottom of your application menu (the all icon screen after the homescreen), you will find the download icon for the calendar application. Click on this to begin the installation process. Once it completes, your calendar icon should now be updating by itself. That's it!
    3) If you have any questions, you should definitely check out the built in FAQ section that comes with the theme. Again, scroll down to the bottom of your application menu, and click on the FAQ icon. This will load up your browser and take you to a section that we created (mobile friendly) to assist users with basic questions."

Feel free to write us directly: [email protected] if you want a direct line of communication. The forums work well too if you prefer though. (=
    11-30-10 05:09 PM
    Thank you and Great job!! I love this theme. I work for ATT and when I show my phone to people they are like WOW!! Iphone on a Blackberry.LOL I jsut laugh and tell them all the cool things they can do and direct tem to the site if they want to get the theme.
    12-01-10 11:13 AM
    halo! hmm i have a sugguestion! not quite sure if it would work or not...
    i remember reading a post saying that you can't use OR statements?(back button to open the bottom bar) could you set the end call button to go to homescreen AND close the bottom bar?
    12-02-10 04:39 PM
    halo! hmm i have a sugguestion! not quite sure if it would work or not...
    i remember reading a post saying that you can't use OR statements?(back button to open the bottom bar) could you set the end call button to go to homescreen AND close the bottom bar?
    The only key that can be programmed is the "Back" button. The BlackBerry button, Send/End keys are all off limits. Pretty annoying too might I add!
    12-02-10 05:27 PM
    there goes that idea!
    any updates on the next version?
    12-02-10 08:32 PM
    Loving the theme.. Just one question, in the left most screen, it shows me three like submenus, Calendar, Messages, Text Messages .. however only the Calendar submenu has entries, the rest are all empty, even if I get a message

is it supposed to be like that ?
    01-02-11 04:16 AM
    Here I was thinking that you had stopped working on the theme. Boy was I wrong. The landscape mode looks great and works great too. The one thing missing for me was the landscape mode. Thanks for keeping up on this theme.
    01-12-11 02:06 PM
    Here I was thinking that you had stopped working on the theme. Boy was I wrong. The landscape mode looks great and works great too. The one thing missing for me was the landscape mode. Thanks for keeping up on this theme.
    Heck no! The only reason for delays between releases is the insanely buggy and inconsistent tools that we have to use.

Plus, I personally use iBerry 4 on my Torch, so it's safe to say that you have at least a year of solid updates coming, especially when the new official tools are released.
    01-12-11 02:22 PM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD