Wow look at that I would love to be a tester..... [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 12:19 AM

Glad to finally be able to use this great theme on my Torch.
    11-23-10 05:06 AM
    Of course!

When it's released, contact [email protected] with the email address you used to purchase the theme, and we'll gladly swap it out for you.

That's great!! I lost so many themes/had to rebuy my faves after upgrading my phone :-( You guys really are top-notch in customer service! Bravo!
    11-23-10 05:13 AM
    I've been running this theme for around 12 hours, and I'm loving it!
    11-23-10 08:25 AM

I've been running this since last night and I like it! Very clean and fluid (minus the minor cosmetic defects from the limitations of the "beta" Theme Builder)

Like others mentioned, the font is a bit hard to read. When composing a new message and typing in the recipients name/address/number, the font is white on white until you start composing your message. Also, in some menus, the font is black on a lighter black and somewhat hard to read as well unless you're highlighting that option.

The Home Screen setup: I like how there is the 3 static icons for "Profiles", "Options", and "Manage Connections" hidden underneath the bottom dock! But I noticed you can also tap the "signal meter" (which will bring you to "Manage Connections") and the "battery meter" (which will bring you to "Options") at the top. Not sure if it's necessary to have that feature twice on the Home Screen...but on the same note, when you focus on the top meters, the highlight is blue like it is originally. Not sure what can be done about that if anything.

Other than that, so far so good! Seems to be only some minor "bugs" which will hopefully be smoothed out after the release of a stable TB 6!

11-23-10 09:31 AM
    Please post any nice wallpapers that go with this theme. Thanks.

-Rich
    11-23-10 10:07 AM
    1) I think we've got all the font issues fixed up.
    2) The hot spots up top for Profiles/Options/Manage Connections are actually added automatically by the theme builder.

In a future update I'm going to try to:

1) Add the current month under the calendar icon, in place of the word "Calendar".
    2) Move the right-most blank screen to the middle, so the screens will be in this order: Today - Blank - All icons.

I'm not in love with the "Social Feeds" icon, so I might try and create a new one for tonight's release.

Thanks for the great input everybody!
    11-23-10 10:17 AM
    Please post any nice wallpapers that go with this theme. Thanks.

-Rich
    Enjoy!!!
    These wallpapers all go great with this theme or the Storm version and Appleberry 2.0:

hastings likes this.
    11-23-10 11:05 AM
    iBerry 4 - the iPhone Simulator is out!
    11/23/2010

Hey everybody,

I'm proud to say that we've finally released iBerry 4 - the iPhone Simulator for the BlackBerry Torch 9800. If you're looking for the most accurate iPhone theme on the market, this is it.

Even though it is technically still in beta, we've managed to create a very high quality product that I'm extremely proud to share with the CrackBerry community. I've been running iBerry 4 on my personal BlackBerry Torch 9800 for almost two weeks now, and performance is fantastic, the graphics are crisp, and it's highly usable.

If you're ready to take the plunge:

Buy now from CrackBerry.com!
    Buy now from MobiHand!

If you have any questions/concerns/suggestions, either post here or write us directly anytime: [email protected]. We respond to each email personally, and we love hearing from our users.

Cheers,

Andrew
    BlingBerry Themes
    11-23-10 01:54 PM
    this is one of the few themes that i've bought ...i hope it's worth it!
    11-23-10 04:58 PM
    Very much so!!!! Great theme!!

11-23-10 05:00 PM
    I sincerely hope you enjoy it. A lot of time went into it, and to make it an even better value we include the updating calendar icon application to go along with the theme.

I'm working on a product tour right now, but in the mean time, it's important to know that touching left/right of the three dots transitions between screens. Pressing the "Back" (Escape) key on your device while on the homescreen will trigger the hidden icon menu as well. (click the down arrow on the screen to hide it)
    11-23-10 05:18 PM
    Hey everybody,

I just updated the second post on the first page to include a quick product walk through. If you're still on the fence about picking up iBerry 4, give it a run through to get a better understanding about why this theme is so special.

Cheers,

Andrew
    11-24-10 12:14 PM
    Of course!

When it's released, contact [email protected] with the email address you used to purchase the theme, and we'll gladly swap it out for you.
    Thanks sir! When is the release date?
    11-24-10 03:18 PM
    Came out yesterday.
    11-24-10 03:43 PM
    is there any way to get the facebook and twitter notification to touch and open on the home screen .I get the notification and touch to open for text messages only . Is this normal ?Am i missing something?
    11-24-10 08:37 PM
    Is there a demo or perhaps a video showing usage and features. Kinda wanna see it in action before i buy. Thanks

Also,

-can you swipe switch between screens, or do you have to press the button above the dock??
    -can you add more icons on the 2nd home screen?
    -does the menu button bring up the "all" apps window?
    -if the 'back' hardware button brings up connections, does pressing it again close them?

thanks.
    Last edited by ShaTR; 11-24-10 at 08:52 PM.
    11-24-10 08:43 PM
    This is an absolutely fantastic theme, hands down the definitive iphone theme for the BB.

Just a quick observation, I noticed that when you tap on the 3 dots you open the app menu, is it possible, instead, to have it as a hotspot for quicklaunch?

Edit: The top banner has hotspots for options and manage connections so the dock accessed via the Back Key seems redundant and not nearly as useful as it takes 1 extra step. Would it be possible to make that dock user-defined?! Thanks.
    Last edited by Foberry; 11-24-10 at 11:54 PM.
    11-24-10 11:31 PM
    is there any way to get the facebook and twitter notification to touch and open on the home screen .I get the notification and touch to open for text messages only . Is this normal ?Am i missing something?
    I assume you're referring to the ability on the default theme to touch the notification bar and have it slide down showing you things like Facebook and Twitter? This isn't possible with third party themes at the moment. (I wish it was!)
    11-25-10 10:22 AM
    Is there a demo or perhaps a video showing usage and features. Kinda wanna see it in action before i buy. Thanks

Also,

-can you swipe switch between screens, or do you have to press the button above the dock??
    -can you add more icons on the 2nd home screen?
    -does the menu button bring up the "all" apps window?
    -if the 'back' hardware button brings up connections, does pressing it again close them?

thanks.
    Hey there,

You can check out the Storm promo video that we created:

There are a few differences graphically between the Torch and Storm versions, but the functionality is very similar.

1) Actual swiping is not possible on a BlackBerry touch device at the moment. Only the default theme has the ability to track your finger movement as you navigate the screen. This, and all themes, require triggering hot spots to switch screens. (it's not too bad though!)
    2) The right-most home screen is designed to be blank. Truthfully, you have access to 19 applications on the middle section as is (including the pop-up menu) and for most BlackBerry users that is enough. Adding more icons would adversely affect performance as well, so there is a delicate balance. In a future update we're likely going to make the blank screen the middle section and move the all icons section to the right.
    3) Pressing the "Menu" button brings you to an area that has all of your applications in a vertical swipe menu. (just like most third party "custom" themes)
    4) Pressing the "Back" button brings up the menu, however you have to touch the down arrow on the right side of the pop-up menu to close the menu again. Obviously having the Back button open/close would be more ideal, but since BlackBerry devices don't support "if" statements, a button can only do one thing. (open OR close, not both)

A lot of what you're mentioning just happens to be related to various BlackBerry limitations. I promise you that this theme is as close as you're going to get to the iPhone on your Torch. If we're ever able to make it more realistic (say, when RIM releases better tools), you can expect a free update.

Cheers,

Andrew
    BlingBerry Themes
    11-25-10 10:29 AM
    This is an absolutely fantastic theme, hands down the definitive iphone theme for the BB.

Just a quick observation, I noticed that when you tap on the 3 dots you open the app menu, is it possible, instead, to have it as a hotspot for quicklaunch?

Edit: The top banner has hotspots for options and manage connections so the dock accessed via the Back Key seems redundant and not nearly as useful as it takes 1 extra step. Would it be possible to make that dock user-defined?! Thanks.
    I'm glad you like it!

We have to keep the three dots triggering the application menu. The reasoning is quite simple, QuickLaunch isn't a native BlackBerry application and you'd be surprised at how many people don't have it, or have even heard of it. CrackBerry is an enthusiast site, so it's easy to forget that 99% of users don't use their devices as well as we all do. (=

The top banner hotspots are added by the theme builder automatically on export, I don't have much control over that. I agree that it is redundant to have both, but if I made the icons user-defined I would end up answering 10 emails a day asking about how to properly configure the bottom menu. As is, setting up icons is one of the most commonly asked questions to tech support.

On top of that, we'd have to make icons 16-19 user defined, when actually a lot of our customers don't even have that many icons on their home screen in the first place. They would have to add filler icons just to customize their bottom tray.

We're really trying to keep this theme as simple and mainstream as possible for wider appeal. If there's a flaw to this theme, it would be the direction we took in that regard. It's great for 99% of average users, but that 1% of CrackBerry users who want a bit more control may feel limited.
    11-25-10 10:38 AM
    The top banner has hotspots for options and manage connections so the dock accessed via the Back Key seems redundant and not nearly as useful as it takes 1 extra step. Would it be possible to make that dock user-defined?! Thanks.
    I agree. Thats what is keeping me from buying this right now. i often just keep hitting back back back... to get back to the main/home screen. Id rather not back out to the connections menu all the time. I know it would annoy me to no end.
    11-25-10 11:41 AM
    absolutely AMAZING theme!! i download a lot of high quality themes and this definitely ranks near the top!! good job blingberry!!
    11-25-10 12:44 PM
    Love the theme! Especially the Escape arrow function on the home screen!

11-25-10 02:08 PM
    Thanks guys!

I'm really happy with how well it turned out, despite having to use beta tools. I promise we'll keep the updates coming, especially when those new tools are released.
    11-25-10 03:22 PM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD