ok.. working on a new theme... e-scape (not sure about the name yet..)

main screen:

app screen:

obviously the main screen you can change the wallpaper... but not the app screen. Thats where I am stuck. Any suggestions on a background?
    something simple so the apps jump out... not to dark...

Post up your ideas... use LIKE to vote...
    "Winner" (my selection...or an obvious "liked" winner) gets a free final copy.

THANKS!!!
    Technerd.McLeod and karimkh like this.
    06-28-11 10:52 AM
    Something a lil dark or neutral may be what's best as in my experience ppl tend to want the app screen wall to complement their homescreen and not really vice versa. Unfortunately, regardless of how you decide to go with this there will be some users left disgruntled.

nitebeach by GDLISTNS30, on Flickr

clouds by GDLISTNS30, on Flickr
    phantommadman likes this.
    06-28-11 11:26 AM
    Good Luck.

arjae_rj likes this.
    06-28-11 01:34 PM
    If I may put in my 2 cents, I think it would really cool if you can get it to be the same background as your wallpaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:19 PM
    nice idea. I like it the way it is...water is very calming. If you would do all custom icons (like messages, contacts and calendar) i believe the background will be just as fine. not too many themers has done that. most comes in boring black or brown or dark blue.
    06-28-11 06:46 PM
    If I may put in my 2 cents, I think it would really cool if you can get it to be the same background as your wallpaper.

You cant.. it has been tried and tried and tried. I dont know of anyone that has pulled it off.

nice idea. I like it the way it is...water is very calming. If you would do all custom icons (like messages, contacts and calendar) i believe the background will be just as fine. not too many themers has done that. most comes in boring black or brown or dark blue.
    i will keep that in mind.
    06-28-11 08:44 PM

couple i made for ya to vote on,
    06-28-11 09:44 PM
    Where can I post to make suggestions for a theme or themes? Seems to me there is a complete lack of "properly" designed automotive brand loyalty themes available, and I have some wicked ideas...

06-29-11 12:39 AM
    06-29-11 07:07 AM
    Well, I find it a brilliant theme.
    I have always been looking for a theme that has a thin info bar at the top, that optimizes the icon and screen space. A bit like the i-phone. I know of 2 or 3 themes that have this presented, i-berry it is called. But why would I want to turn my Torch into an i-phone???
    So this looks like a very promising theme.
    I suggest you call it AGORA as the greek for large open place for people to meet.
    the bacground are OK as they are. Anyway it would still be modifiable by user I guess.

Good luck

KKH
    06-29-11 09:08 AM
    [QUOTE=StaticFX;6444872]You cant.. it has been tried and tried and tried. I dont know of anyone that has pulled it off.

man that sucks. Would of been great to see it done.
    06-29-11 11:16 PM
    I am down to 2 choices...
    one (last image submitted by m.seif but with a twist)

and the original water image...
    I will wait a few days before picking.
    Abrar0z, dcburke789 and sushistew like this.
    07-01-11 01:18 PM
    Icon and background combination is perfect, i really like it....., but choice is urs.
    07-01-11 01:47 PM
    ok... the swirls is the winner

*** ANYONE WHO REPLIED TO THIS THREAD BEFORE THIS POST GETS IT FREE (when complete lol) ***

Abrar0z
    dakid2k6
    dcburke789
    karimkh
    RossyBoy92
    howboutdat
    sushistew
    m.seif
    Gdlistns30

i may contact a few of you about testing
    m.seif likes this.
    07-05-11 07:16 AM
    This is a Great Theme and though I may not expect a free copy from my friend STSTICFX, but I would really like to buy this one for my Torch, as I had always been buying his themes and had been a great fan of your themes buddy.

This theme really looks great with a dynamic set of icons and clock.

This theme rocks.
    07-05-11 07:21 AM
    Thank you very much for the free copy.
    Would love to have it.
    07-05-11 07:23 AM
    Thanks so much for a free copy. Can't wait to have it on my torch. Looks great.

07-05-11 11:55 AM
    i HOPE to get it done by friday... if not im afraid it will be delayed (going on vacation!!!)
    07-06-11 09:53 AM
    You work hard you can have a vacation. If you don't get it done we all understand

07-06-11 09:54 AM
    In case you haven't decided yet....

07-06-11 01:03 PM
    Very fast and responsive theme, track pad is excellent ( see notes below), and moves in all direction.
    The profile icon at the top is very responsive to touch unlike some themes.
    It also goes well with many WP.
    I must also say that the menu highlights are nice.
    For my personal taste it has almost everything I need , 8 icons ( wish they are not hidden) big clock .

Two remarks:
    1- The numbers for the battery and signal are too small.
    2- The track pad , although it goes to the upper hot spots, but does not show there.
    Otherwise , is a very good theme.

Last edited by m.seif; 07-07-11 at 10:53 AM.
    07-07-11 09:56 AM
    ok.. I will look into making the #'s bigger..

and yes, i know I need to add a "focus" to the weatherslot and profiles...
    glad everything else seems good.

check menus, popups, etc in as many apps as you can please.

Thanks m.seif!!!
    07-07-11 10:43 AM
    Looks great. I wonder when it will officially release. Things you said m would probably things I would say about the theme. Just judging from your screen shots.

07-07-11 10:43 AM
    ok.. I will look into making the #'s bigger..

and yes, i know I need to add a "focus" to the weatherslot and profiles...
    glad everything else seems good.

check menus, popups, etc in as many apps as you can please.

Thanks m.seif!!!
    Before I did post, I checked the following external apps Pocket Informant and Picturedial. Their menus were perfect specially the last one, with the light grey BG, dark grey highlight and black font , extremely nice .

I also checked the spell check when writing sms, emails,... very clear and pleasant to look at. This one in particular has some issues with some themes.
    07-07-11 10:54 AM
    Looking forward to getting this theme for free, looking amazing keep up the good work mate. Always been a fan of your themes!
    07-07-11 11:02 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD