Hi. Im New Making These Themes & I Wanted To Ask How Do You Get Custom Icons To Install On The Themes? Thanks For Your Help! I've Had Several Great Ideas For Themes For Both Girls And Boys So I Would Love Your Help So We Could Get Started On Them..
    05-18-11 09:10 PM
    Custom icons are nothing more than pictures.
    For the torch they should be 80x80
    go to... Wait... Theme Builder Froze... wait... Keep waiting...

Application list screen, then click the thing on the left. Then add icons one at a time.

It takes time but its awesome when you finish.
    HappyLucy likes this.
    05-18-11 10:55 PM
    Custom icons are nothing more than pictures.
    For the torch they should be 80x80
    go to... Wait... Theme Builder Froze... wait... Keep waiting...

Application list screen, then click the thing on the left. Then add icons one at a time.

It takes time but its awesome when you finish.
    Torch are 68x68.
    HappyLucy likes this.
    05-18-11 10:56 PM
    Torch are 68x68.
    Yes that. Thank you.
    Wait.
    9650 is also 68x68.
    Do you know them all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 11:00 PM
    Soo It Could Bee Any Piicture ? As Loong As Its Thaat Size?
    05-19-11 01:17 AM
    correct - any image can be used as long as it is 68x68. You can use a diff size and TB will shrink or expand it but its really not a good idea because it can cause memory leaks and other issues.
    05-19-11 07:01 AM
    What about using an image as an icon for a third party application? I'd like to use a new image for the berry slider application for example - the theme builder only shows a set list of applications.
    05-19-11 06:39 PM
    Search the app store for an app called "shortcut manager".
    05-19-11 07:25 PM
    Search the app store for an app called "shortcut manager".
    Thanks - bought it and looked like a good solution...turns out the berry slider app that I wanted to have a new icon for is "one of the 3rd party apps that can't be launched with shortcut manager"...on the plus side - I sent an email for help and got a response in literally a couple of minutes - very responsive...even if it was bad news. .99 cent experiment.

Do you or anyone know of another way to theme 3rd party application icons?

Hopefully this is helpful to the original poster - not trying to hijack the thread.
    05-19-11 11:29 PM
    On your phone:
    Options --> Device --> Application Management --> click the app you want to turn into a button --> at the very bottom of the next screen you will see "Modules:" take note of the name listed here as you will need it for Theme Builder or Composer in the next steps. If there's more than 1 name, I'm not sure what to tell you - try each one? Most 3rd party apps use 1 name.

On Theme Builder:
    1) Add new zen item
    2) Top left of screen where it says "Application" then shows an icon, click the icon
    3) The very bottom of the pop-up should say "Third Part Application Name", use the name you found from your app list on your phone
    4) In your "Inspector" panel, click the icon next to where it says "Application list" and change it to what you want for your custom app button. Note, as far as I can tell, this way only allows you to customize 1 app icon. So, if you need more than 1 custom app, you will want to use a generic icon for them all.

On Composer:
    1) Create a button
    2) In the "Inspector" panel, click "Third Party Application"
    3) After clicking above step you will see a field open up just under "Use Device Application Order", this field is actually for you, not app order. Add in the name you found from the first steps above in this field.
    4) Customize it from there.
    05-20-11 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD