Well, I've given it another go, but it's also proving to be a BIG battery drain.
    Using Bbt Metro White doesn't affect battery life.

I'll give it another go when you've updated it.
    11-19-10 08:28 AM
    Well, I've given it another go, but it's also proving to be a BIG battery drain.

I'll give it another go when you've updated it.
    Some themes don't it all depends on the features, images used.
    But reworking the code and I think I found the issue for the today. In addition + will show the text preview - will hide the text preview for those who hate text preview.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 10:32 AM
    Gotta' say, I notice that, with the theme running, the phone drains 8% to 10% of my battery an hour per MeterBerry. Using a regular OS 6 theme only drains 1.6% to 2% an hour (with nothing else going on, obviously).

Will do more testing once the update comes out. It's a great theme, and along with the also-fantastic HTC Desire HD theme by VincethePrince it's great to see the theme devs pushing the boundaries of what can be done on our devices.
    11-19-10 03:32 PM
    you know what i noticed is the very small berry weather icon. i dont know why its so small but its alot smaller then before the update.
    11-19-10 09:10 PM
    E, first I want to thank you w/ helping me get your theme. Tech Support finally figured out that I misspelled my email. Duh! Second, I too have the pop up issue & I'm running .246. Looked everywhere for the .337, to include BB website, no such luck. I am w/ ATT as well. My Torch is my work horse so if the update is including the optional Today Popup, God Bless You. Just for the record, my BB is very basic so your theme is the ONLY thing I have added. W/ that said, guys & gals it may not be multiple OS running together being the problem. Go E!!!
    11-20-10 10:15 AM
    UPDATE:
    i was having the pop up problem but now I'am not. It went away after I did 2 soft resets in a row. (which until now i thought was a joke) it so happens I installed a new app did a reset as requested by app world then installed a 2nd app and had to reboot again. Now the theme is working perfectly, no pop up, no missing screens. For those that still have the issue try doing 2 soft resets in a row. if I hadn't done it i wouldn't have believed it.
    Awesome job E. Cant wait to see what you have for us next. Keep up the good work and take your time your work is amazing
    11-20-10 01:11 PM
    UPDATE:
    i was having the pop up problem but now I'am not. It went away after I did 2 soft resets in a row. (which until now i thought was a joke) it so happens I installed a new app did a reset as requested by app world then installed a 2nd app and had to reboot again. Now the theme is working perfectly, no pop up, no missing screens. For those that still have the issue try doing 2 soft resets in a row. if I hadn't done it i wouldn't have believed it.
    Awesome job E. Cant wait to see what you have for us next. Keep up the good work and take your time your work is amazing
    same here...no more pop ups after second battery pull....hope it stays that way....definitely one of the best themes out there....icons all easily accessible......

i keep trying others, but always return to this one...even over the Desire version.
    11-20-10 01:32 PM
    New Version is up!!! Hopefully it fixes the issue.
    brb321, berryap and inkdesigner like this.
    11-20-10 05:31 PM
    You are simply the best! I never found any of the previous bugs to make the theme "un-usable" but the fact you continue to issue FREE updates and actually take-in all the feedback on an almost personal level makes you the best developer around. Thank you for all your hardwork!!!

11-20-10 05:42 PM
    So far, simply fabulous. I can see why all these guys & gals are following your work. Looking forward to supporting you in the future.
    11-20-10 05:49 PM
    Downloading update as we speak, just completed 1st bat. pull. Anyone know of the changes with this update?
    11-20-10 05:51 PM
    Awesome E. I'm not sure if it just me, but I noticed that I can swipe my icons back and forth on the home screen with today's new update. I you do it right beneath the 'profile' and 'clock' hotspots, I can swipe no problem. Is that someone you recently worked on, or has that always been available?

I love this theme. Thanks for all your work...

Brent
    11-20-10 06:06 PM
    That swipe icon feature has always been there, since the first Firecracker release. I've noticed the transitions are much smoother and the pop-up bug is gone. Awesome work.

11-20-10 06:13 PM
    Thanks E for the update. I pulled out the battery twice and I noticed a small cosmetic issue. When in Message Inbox, the time is now cut off when the hours are double digit. Please see attached screenshot. Anyway to have the Font to one size little or be user defined?

Thanks for the quick turn around on the fixes!!!
    11-20-10 06:14 PM
    You are simply the best! I never found any of the previous bugs to make the theme "un-usable" but the fact you continue to issue FREE updates and actually take-in all the feedback on an almost personal level makes you the best developer around. Thank you for all your hardwork!!!

Most Dev blame the issue on a buggy theme kit or anew os. I try to look at the problem at hand an solve it. Thanks for all positive and constructive opinions .
    11-20-10 06:30 PM
    Thanks E for the update. I pulled out the battery twice and I noticed a small cosmetic issue. When in Message Inbox, the time is now cut off when the hours are double digit. Please see attached screenshot. Anyway to have the Font to one size little or be user defined?

Thanks for the quick turn around on the fixes!!!
    did you change the font setting on your phone? I believe that was a os bug like 50 pgs ago
    11-20-10 06:41 PM
    No. Always had mine BBAlpha Sans. Size = 7. Style = Plain. If there's a font setting that would fix this then please let me know. I will also try to comb through the posts to find something. Thanks.
    11-20-10 06:46 PM
    The bug where you press + and it brings up email still exists.
    11-21-10 12:47 AM
    The bug where you press + and it brings up email still exists.
    Yep. Still have that bug here too. It only happens after you press the + button and then select an app. The next time you press the + button on the homescreen, it takes you to the app screen and then randomly goes into another app.
    11-21-10 02:50 AM
    Can someone explain to me how this works? What is this text preview that is mentioned below in the quote? Do I press "alt o" and "alt i" to work this?

In addition + will show the text preview - will hide the text preview for those who hate text preview.
    11-21-10 05:10 AM
    A quick question, can the lower left button be set for QuickLaunch?
    I want to save my space bar for Universal Search function.
    11-21-10 09:39 AM
    Can someone explain to me how this works? What is this text preview that is mentioned below in the quote? Do I press "alt o" and "alt i" to work this?
    This feature was taken out since it created a
    Conflict with some screens.

11-21-10 10:32 AM
    Hey "E", great effin' theme! Seriously!! I've been using this theme off and on since before the "FireCracker" update and to be honest, it was awesome then and it's just simply become a masterpiece now!

Now, I dunno about these bugs being mentioned...the crazy battery drain issue people have mentioned has me curious because I've got quite a few apps installed, plus about 25 or more themes installed, use the sh*t outta my internet (plus email, text, BBM's, twitter, FB, etc..) Point is, I stay busy on this thing and my battery lasts a full day or better for me. I'm running OS 6.0.0.337 and yes, your theme may drain an extra cent or 2 but only obv there is more going on. But it's definitely not substantial loss. Nothing more than to be expected.

As far as the "+" key goes, only thing it does is bring me to the Apps Screen! Like I assume it's suppose to! I tried repeating the issue where some say it opens messages or whatever but, ya no...goes right to app screen!

I did experience the Today Text Preview "bug" where it stayed on screen and was tricky to get it off...but that was fixed with the last update! All in all I think it's running about perfect right now! . No issues whatsoever at the moment!

So bottom line, mad props! This is an awesome theme!

11-21-10 11:56 AM

just a question here....will wallpaper eventually be animated when themebuilder is improved? or is blackberry just unable to do this with the current hardware specs
    11-21-10 12:22 PM
    just a question here....will wallpaper eventually be animated when themebuilder is improved? or is blackberry just unable to do this with the current hardware specs
    It's a concept I have been kicking around part time. I can do landscape wallpaper like Vince but I want to really do is live wallpaper like the actual htc phones. Who knows might be a weekend project for me.

11-21-10 12:35 PM
1,022 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD