Well I thought it worked. After working for a while it's gone back to the today screen just staying up and not responding. Can't open the email or text and can't close the window. Bummer.
    11-18-10 10:56 AM
    What os r u running? I think the stock os continues to have that issue. But please post your os. Need to get to the bottom of it before I completely move on to GingerBread that adds skins to it. Its currently in limited beta with no lag!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 12:01 PM
    Well I thought it worked. After working for a while it's gone back to the today screen just staying up and not responding. Can't open the email or text and can't close the window. Bummer.
    Unfortunately, it returned for me as well, and although I have the workaround of tapping the notification area to get things moving again, it is annoying.

I'm running OS 6.0.0.337. Whenever I receive an email, the Today area pops-up automatically, but since I didn't click on the Notification panel to summon it, I can't interact with it until I go through the proper steps of clicking on the notification area, then tap-hold on the messages icon.

A curious thing is that I have Berry Popup; when I receive a new message, the Today screen appears and I can see it behind the Berry Popup; if I mark the email read in Berry Popup, the Today screen goes away as well. Don't know if this helps in any way but I figured I'd mention it.
    11-18-10 12:22 PM
    Os 6.0.0.246.
    11-18-10 12:56 PM
    Hey davenit try upgrading your OS to .337 ! Your a bit behind on the latest OS. I'm on .337 and the theme runs smooth for me and my wife !

11-18-10 01:00 PM
    Hey davenit try upgrading your OS to .337 ! Your a bit behind on the latest OS. I'm on .337 and the theme runs smooth for me and my wife !

Was thinking about it but I'm running fine and don't generally update unless I'm having some issue, and I'm not. Anyhow julioangelortiz is running .337 and is having the same problem.
    11-18-10 01:23 PM
    In landscape mode, I tap to the right and applications open. When I held it down and didn't let go, it opened my message folder which was set in that slot. You only need to tap it and let it go to get to the app screen.
    I only tap it. That's all I do. This is the only problem I have it. When I TAP the + sign, it goes into what I described earlier. There's no HOLDING down the + button.
    11-18-10 01:40 PM
    Interesting. I wonder if the 3rd party is causing issues with the today. That would explain why some are not having an issue. It doesn't help multiple Os are being use also. Earlier Os build seems to be more prone to the bug. Keep me post it. Hate to x out a feature.
    Unfortunately, it returned for me as well, and although I have the workaround of tapping the notification area to get things moving again, it is annoying.

I'm running OS 6.0.0.337. Whenever I receive an email, the Today area pops-up automatically, but since I didn't click on the Notification panel to summon it, I can't interact with it until I go through the proper steps of clicking on the notification area, then tap-hold on the messages icon.

A curious thing is that I have Berry Popup; when I receive a new message, the Today screen appears and I can see it behind the Berry Popup; if I mark the email read in Berry Popup, the Today screen goes away as well. Don't know if this helps in any way but I figured I'd mention it.
    11-18-10 01:52 PM
    Honestly, that today pop up is useless to me anyhow. The theme is great and easy without it. Maybe make it an option?

With the amount of email I get a day (+/- 250) this bug is a pure deal breaker with me and I absolutely love the theme.

Any way I can just go back to the prior version?
    11-18-10 01:55 PM
    Interesting. I wonder if the 3rd party is causing issues with the today. That would explain why some are not having an issue. It doesn't help multiple Os are being use also. Earlier Os build seems to be more prone to the bug. Keep me post it. Hate to x out a feature.
    Turned off Berry Popup and the bug still occurs. Interesting find, though: when I first activated the theme and sent myself an email, the bug didn't not occur. Every time thereafter it does. Maybe it has to do with that today element not being properly hidden after being viewed / activated?
    11-18-10 02:36 PM
    Honestly, that today pop up is useless to me anyhow. The theme is great and easy without it. Maybe make it an option?

With the amount of email I get a day (+/- 250) this bug is a pure deal breaker with me and I absolutely love the theme.

Any way I can just go back to the prior version?
    Ill see what I can do. GingerBread update will have a feature of turning off the today completely. But ill let u know.

11-18-10 03:26 PM
    E. Love this theme, Every now an then I get the today issue, but I am able to get out of it, by opening the FB or email, etc then it seems to go away. However I am not able to open up FB from the today banner when in landscape. Not a deal breaker!
    11-18-10 03:56 PM
    Good job on this E....i know how much time youve spent on it. Dont kill yourself worrying about whats goin wrong in the code. Youll figure it out, take your time. And besides, its a new device and youre blowin this **** away on the first attempt....keep it up.

xoxo
    11-18-10 04:10 PM
    When I get a BBM, email, or text that I don't check right away, I get this grey screen that comes up with a colored tab on the side. Even if I click on the text, nothing opens, and I have to open the whole tray to get to whatever messaging application.
    Is there any way for me to take this off? It really bothers me.

I'm also sorry if this has already been answered, but I made my way through 12 pages, and another 38 would be too much for me.
    11-18-10 05:14 PM
    Awesome theme. But I too have the issue with today part. when i get a new email I have to click on the email icon view my email then it goes away with a tap.
    9800 on ATT os version 6.0.0.246 yes I need to update but I have to wait for my IT guy to get back to give me the enterprise activation code
    11-18-10 05:28 PM
    Is it possible to revert back to 2.05?
    11-18-10 05:34 PM
    I will be releasing an update in the next 48hrs that hopefully will address the issue and will allow users to turn OFF today preview. More to come.

11-18-10 05:35 PM
    Is it possible to revert back to 2.05?
    yea i hate to be a buzz kill but i didn't really like the changes at all. i much preferred the way it was before this update. sorry for the negative feedback.
    11-18-10 08:20 PM
    I will be releasing an update in the next 48hrs that hopefully will address the issue and will allow users to turn OFF today preview. More to come.

you are simply the best. and the tweets have been hilarious.
    11-18-10 08:29 PM
    E you can't please everyone ! Please the masses not the few. Its a beta theme builder people. If you want to use the earlier versions I suggest you use BBSAK and back up yopur apps on a regular basis. E has been working hard on this theme and keeps updating it on a regular basis. Quite a few sellers on here don't or they charge for it. Appreciate the work put into the theme and be patient. It takes time to work out the bugs. If E can do this with a beta imagine what could be done with the full release. Great job with this theme. Can't say thank you enough !

11-18-10 09:09 PM
    yea i hate to be a buzz kill but i didn't really like the changes at all. i much preferred the way it was before this update. sorry for the negative feedback.
    No biggie. I am currently looking at the coding, Might have narrow the issue down.
    Update will give the user the ability to disable Today Text Preview also. Might be even as early as tonight.
    jborfeo likes this.
    11-18-10 10:27 PM
    you are simply the best. and the tweets have been hilarious.
    I love having fun with the tweets. U only live once, might as well enjoy it.
    11-18-10 10:29 PM
    Good job on this E....i know how much time youve spent on it. Dont kill yourself worrying about whats goin wrong in the code. Youll figure it out, take your time. And besides, its a new device and youre blowin this **** away on the first attempt....keep it up.

xoxo

i agreee wittthhhh cami
    good job elyy
    11-18-10 10:49 PM
    I've changed back to the standard OS6 theme for now. The notification that pops up covering 80% of the screen is too annoying. I'll wait for the update.

Thanks for a great theme. 2.05 was excellent.

11-19-10 12:39 AM
    E you can't please everyone ! Please the masses not the few. Its a beta theme builder people. If you want to use the earlier versions I suggest you use BBSAK and back up yopur apps on a regular basis. E has been working hard on this theme and keeps updating it on a regular basis. Quite a few sellers on here don't or they charge for it. Appreciate the work put into the theme and be patient. It takes time to work out the bugs. If E can do this with a beta imagine what could be done with the full release. Great job with this theme. Can't say thank you enough !

This. Exactly.

I'm running the stock AT&T OS (.246)

I get somewhere between 150-200 emails a day. I noticed the pop up issue only after the second day of testing when I left the device idle on my desk. A battery pull solved it.

If I tap or press and hold the + icon, it opens up the app screen. Tap or press the arrow on the right and my 15th app comes up.

Just because people don't have the same issues you do doesn't mean the testing failed. A lot of this could be user error.

Great job Ely.
    11-19-10 08:25 AM
1,022 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD