I absolutely love this theme, but is there no notification bar?

Every time I get an email, text, notification, etc., the icon appear at the top of the screen, but I can't click to bring up that list, check out my daily schedule, etc.

Otherwise, fantastic theme!
    10-05-10 12:02 AM
    here is my email screen, this is after several reboots

10-05-10 01:03 AM
    Love this theme! Nice work. =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 05:39 AM
    I absolutely love this theme, but is there no notification bar?

Every time I get an email, text, notification, etc., the icon appear at the top of the screen, but I can't click to bring up that list, check out my daily schedule, etc.

Otherwise, fantastic theme!

From the very first post of this thread:
    *TODAY Feature is not included for the Torch future update will address this issue.
    The "today" feature/screen is the one with your current calendar events/emails(texts/BBMs...)/missed calls.

E, you may want to add some sort of blurb similar to mine above (or a small screen shot) to your first post. People may be reading your statement, but may not understand what exactly the "today feature" is.
    10-05-10 07:14 AM
    E. So, first off, this theme is awesome! I think it an incredible job with a beta...

Couple of notes after a day or so of playing with it.

1. Can you either make the hotspot for the icons (particularly going from eight back to four) bigger or enable some type of easier swiping motion? It is tough to get the screen to go back to four and when it tap the hotspot more often than not I end up selecting a program. Not a huge deal, but a bit of an annoyance.

2. When I go into landscape from the applications screen it does return to the main screen. Anyway to change that?

3. I am in agreement that making the network hotspot a bit bigger would be helpful.

Now for a couple of editorial comments/thoughts. I am NOT a theme builder, so this may show my complete ignorance, and if it does my apologies. You have the right to ignore them completely...

1. Is there any way to enable the theme so you can swipe right and go to the applications screen?

2. Similarly, can you enable it so that, kinda like on a iphone, you could swipe left or trigger a hotspot to launch a new email? Something like that??

3. I wouldn't mind some of the tabs from the original theme, just to give it a bit more to work with, but thats just me. Overall, I much prefer the homescreen on this theme, so whatever works.

4. As with everyone else, once you figure it out, a today option integrating social feeds would rock.

Again, awesome job... loving this theme.
    10-05-10 07:21 AM
    just my 2 cents ... cant the QL key on the homescreen be used as the second icon on the app screen instead of the dock being the second, and move the dock to being the third icon. I would assume(I dont use nor have i ever used the QL app) QL has an app icon and if people wanted the button to work as QL just move the icon to the second position instead of the some of us that dont use QL having a dead button.
    10-05-10 07:47 AM
    just my 2 cents ... cant the QL key on the homescreen be used as the second icon on the app screen instead of the dock being the second, and move the dock to being the third icon. I would assume(I dont use nor have i ever used the QL app) QL has an app icon and if people wanted the button to work as QL just move the icon to the second position instead of the some of us that dont use QL having a dead button.
    And the duplicated complaints for this great theme (that is miles better and more innovative than any other Torch theme) just keep rolling along!
    It's amazing that developers continue to make themes with so many duplicated requests.

E already said two pages ago:
    Taking a few days off just reading and taking notes of what people are posting.
    So far the update will include hotkeys, wider network button and make the down arrow key user define.

I'll repeat what I said earlier that what E has done with this beta themebuilder is miles ahead of what any other developer has been able to do with it. My "hat's off" to him for this theme and he's only charging $0.99!
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-05-10 at 08:33 AM.
    10-05-10 08:17 AM
    And the complaints for this great theme (that is miles better and more innovative than any other Torch theme) just keep rolling along!
    It's amazing that developers continue to make themes with so many duplicated requests.
    E already said two pages ago:
    Taking a few days off just reading and taking notes of what people are posting.
    So far the update will include hotkeys, wider network button and make the down arrow key user define.

Why are ideas always assumed(mom allways told me when u assume u make an *** out of u and me ) their complaints?

Who said anything about complaing? If u actually read what E posted...

"Taking a few days off just reading and taking notes of what people are posting."

Says to me he wanted us to post about our thoughts and ideas for the theme... personally I <3 it, other then 1 dead button on the home screen to which was defined as an app that i don't use. As well as a few other things that are all worked out now that i know exactly how this theme works. So i have no use for a dead button, as well as many others from what im reading. If thats the way it has to be then ill live with it(again not complaining but posting my ideas on how to remedy the situation for those of us that dont use QL and those that do and fairly easily) for the awesomeness that this theme brings to the phone.

On another note ...can u make it so the non hotspots when touching the sceen are just dead? instead of allways bringing up the app screen?

Something else my mom always told me... "if u have nothing constructive to add to the conversation then stfu" <3 my mom

here's something for E to remember when trying to please everyone......

"You cant please all the people all the time, but u can please some of the people some of the time"
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-05-10 at 08:40 AM.
    10-05-10 08:30 AM
    Why are ideas always assumed(mom allways told me when u assume u make an *** out of u and me ) their complaints?

Who said anything about complaing? If u actually read what E posted...

"Taking a few days off just reading and taking notes of what people are posting."

Says to me he wanted us to post about our thoughts and ideas for the theme... personally I <3 it, other then 1 dead button on the home screen to which was defined as an app that i don't use. As well as a few other things that are all worked out now that i know exactly how this theme works. So i have no use for a dead button, as well as many others from what im reading. If thats the way it has to be then ill live with it(again not complaining but posting my ideas on how to remedy the situation for those of us that dont use QL and those that do and fairly easily) for the awesomeness that this theme brings to the phone.

Something else my mom always told me... "if u have nothing constructive to add to the conversation then stfu" <3 my mom
    You left out the last part of E's quote in your post that says ".....update will include hotkeys, wider network button and make the down arrow key user define".
    What I was saying is that this thread is huge with so many duplicate requests AND complaints.
    10-05-10 08:39 AM
    You left out the last part of E's quote in your post that says ".....update will include hotkeys, wider network button and make the down arrow key user define".
    What I was saying is that this thread is huge with so many duplicate requests AND complaints.
    Yes he said "user defined" but i was simply making a point on how to remedy the situation easily... again not complaining. Theres really nothing to complain about it works great as is and if one button has to be dead because i dont use a peticular app then so be it.
    10-05-10 08:43 AM
    If 1 person requests, maybe the author (not just this theme) might think "eh, it's not that big of a deal". If multiple users request it, the author (not just this theme) may begin to realize "Hey, people really want to see a change." Do you think editors of major software/programs receive only 1 comment/request... probably not. The more they see it, the more important it becomes.

No offense tellsells, but maybe this thread isn't filled with duplicate requests and complaints as much as it's full of people posting "why ask that, it's been asked before". Why post THAT when it's been posted before?

Sorry E, didn't mean to post off topic.

Again, this theme absolutely ROCKS!!!
    10-05-10 08:47 AM
    hey man i noticed over at berryfication that the storm and torch version come with that OS6 mountain wallpaper. could you share that wallpaper with us?. go nice with the HTC on my bold
    10-05-10 09:09 AM
    Let's not fight.... All love hear. Like I said leave your comments some might be duplicates because who wants to read all the post????? Just taking some r an r and see what develops maybe rim might drop os6 for the 9700 tomorrow??? Might drop the final theme kit. But I am always about the user experience with my themes. So keep posting just keep it clean.

10-05-10 09:21 AM
    E. So, first off, this theme is awesome! I think it an incredible job with a beta...

Couple of notes after a day or so of playing with it.

1. Can you either make the hotspot for the icons (particularly going from eight back to four) bigger or enable some type of easier swiping motion? It is tough to get the screen to go back to four and when it tap the hotspot more often than not I end up selecting a program. Not a huge deal, but a bit of an annoyance.

2. When I go into landscape from the applications screen it does return to the main screen. Anyway to change that?

3. I am in agreement that making the network hotspot a bit bigger would be helpful.

Now for a couple of editorial comments/thoughts. I am NOT a theme builder, so this may show my complete ignorance, and if it does my apologies. You have the right to ignore them completely...

1. Is there any way to enable the theme so you can swipe right and go to the applications screen?

2. Similarly, can you enable it so that, kinda like on a iphone, you could swipe left or trigger a hotspot to launch a new email? Something like that??

3. I wouldn't mind some of the tabs from the original theme, just to give it a bit more to work with, but thats just me. Overall, I much prefer the homescreen on this theme, so whatever works.

4. As with everyone else, once you figure it out, a today option integrating social feeds would rock.

Again, awesome job... loving this theme.
    1a. I believe E stated that the beta does not allow for the 'swipe' functionality to be used yet. i'm assuming he would not have wanted it to be a tap motion to switch screens, after all the slick stuff he has done with this theme i highly doubt he would have gone that route on purpose.

2a. +1 to confirm that i am experiencing it, but i think its a bug with the beta TB

3a. +1

1b. see reply to 1a.

2b. Buy quicklaunch dude...its 5 bucks, sell some lemonade on the corner if you cant afford it, one hot afternoon should cover the cost

3b. -1, with quick launch u dont need tabs, you just need to be able to get into your notifications

4b. Indiffferent, i could care less about that, when i want to check my feeds i do, if i let social feeds tell me when i have a new feed, my phone would be blinking allllll day, its obnox....

Yes he said "user defined" but i was simply making a point on how to remedy the situation easily... again not complaining. Theres really nothing to complain about it works great as is and if one button has to be dead because i dont use a peticular app then so be it.
    BUY THE APP....man i'm sick of people complaining about the integration with this app. I DO NOT want to have the app as my second icon, i enjoy the integration, thats what its there for. Please E, if you do listen to these people, please provide two flavors, leave those who actually use QL with the option to downloaded the integrated version. and for those who dont have it, refer to 2b above
    10-05-10 10:00 AM
    For what its worth, I really was not complaining. Those were just thoughts about possibilities as the theme, which rocks, is improved/edited. Some of them are editorial (e.g. tabs - although I did get Quicklaunch and it does make things much easier), some functional like the hotspots and some were just ideas if and when the beta upgrades and adds more functionality.

E - at the end of the day, I love the theme, it really is the strongest we've seen in a long time on any device. Great job using limited tools and under a ton of pressure. Your work is seriously appreciated.
    10-05-10 10:09 AM
    Just bought this.

First theme I ever bought.

Kenneth Tong
    10-05-10 10:50 AM
    i just bought it and i love it so far
    10-05-10 11:43 AM
    Running into an interesting issue now. When activating the 8-icon screen, the initial 4-icons are super-imposed under the 8. Wasn't happening at first and a few battery pulls (of a minute+) have not resolved it.

Not a major issue, but worth mentioning. Still love the theme.
    10-05-10 02:26 PM
    You can just touch one of the non hot-spot screens to go to the app-screen, as you already mentioned. Yes, it kinda sucks that if you don't hit a hotspot dead on, then you go to the app screen. But, this is the solution to your swipe request.

Buy GesturePad. It is .99 (or was) and you can do all sorts of swipes to open certain apps, or even compose an email.
    10-05-10 02:51 PM
    my only suggestion so far, aside from the few bugs....the calendar icon just does not seem to fit the theme, perhaps a different one is available? anyone else agree?
    I agree! It's not that big of a deal, but it isssss quite strange looking.
    10-05-10 03:04 PM
    Not sure what's causing the problem, but I just installed the new OS. Switched back to the ATT theme for a bit. When I received a social feed the phone switched back to this theme. It's happened every time I receive a message of any kind.
    10-05-10 03:40 PM
    Do a battery pull....sometimes it just needs a kick in u know to get things going. I have the same issue on my 97 depending what I'm doing and switch between a few themes u end up with a frankenstein like theme
    Not sure what's causing the problem, but I just installed the new OS. Switched back to the ATT theme for a bit. When I received a social feed the phone switched back to this theme. It's happened every time I receive a message of any kind.
    10-05-10 04:31 PM
    I agree! It's not that big of a deal, but it isssss quite strange looking.
    The calendar icon was address a few 100 pgs back .
    I changed it so u would be able to see the date. The original icon had a white bg. Hopefully with the final theme kit we can change the color of the font.

10-05-10 04:33 PM
    Is there no Bis icon? Ive not noticed it anywhere and i know im connected.
    10-05-10 04:35 PM
    Running into an interesting issue now. When activating the 8-icon screen, the initial 4-icons are super-imposed under the 8. Wasn't happening at first and a few battery pulls (of a minute+) have not resolved it.
    Found a fix. Change your theme (I changed it to the default) and then back, and it fixes this issue.

Curiously, if you changed your wallpaper on the theme, it is lost when you switch away and back.
    10-05-10 06:01 PM
1,022 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD