ok so i just payed for and d/led this theme.. my only question is how do we recieve updates? email, txt, or do we have to check here for updates?
    If you purchased through Mobihand / Crackberry store, you will receive an email notification whenever an update is available.
    10-04-10 06:55 PM
    ok cool ... purchased from mobihand

next question .. where are the other tabs on the main screen.. like favorites, media, download?
    and why cant i swipe across to show the other icons on the homescreen works left to right but not right to left. Also i have 2 rows of icons when i swipe from left to right but i have no icons... just empty spaces(mind u i have no other icons on my homescreen so it looks as though there just place cards if u had more?
    10-04-10 07:00 PM
    ok cool ... purchased from mobihand

next question .. where are the other tabs on the main screen.. like favorites, media, download?
    and why cant i swipe across to show the other icons on the homescreen works left to right but not right to left. Also i have 2 rows of icons when i swipe from left to right but i have no icons... just empty spaces(mind u i have no other icons on my homescreen so it looks as though there just place cards if u had more?
    This theme does not have tabs.
    Did you do a battery pull after installing this theme? You must do a battery pull after installing or switching themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 07:11 PM
    Okay, a full 24 hours since d/l, and one thing I am getting is that I have had zero notifications of a new tweet using the Twitter for BB app. I clicked on the icon itself, and it hadn't refreshed in over 23 hours, and i have it to automatically refresh every 5 minutes. Could this be attributed to the theme?
    10-04-10 07:29 PM
    This theme does not have tabs.
    Did you do a battery pull after installing this theme? You must do a battery pull after installing or switching themes.

yes i did 2 battery pulls.. its just the 4 to 8 icons. i only have 11 total icons on my homescreen. when moving into the 8 icon set the last 3 or 4 depending on how yours is setup the remaining ones are just blank(blank as in empty spaces with light grey boxes where the names should be.. if u dont have that many icons shouldnt they just be blank? without the grey boxes for the name of the app)

and if there's no tabs how do i get to what were my favorites or my media since that's the only place they were listed? i cant seem to find my media anywhere. My favorites are in a folder thats hidden so knowing that i guess i know where to find those ones.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-04-10 at 07:48 PM.
    10-04-10 07:43 PM
    also theres no notification bar? so i have to open each application when i get a notification. i guess what im asking is in the native theme when u get a notification u tap that bar and it opens the appropriate app. in this theme i have a notification but cannot tap on it, i have to open the appropriate app to clear the notification? if thats the case i hope it gets fixed in future releases.
    10-04-10 07:44 PM
    Okay, a full 24 hours since d/l, and one thing I am getting is that I have had zero notifications of a new tweet using the Twitter for BB app. I clicked on the icon itself, and it hadn't refreshed in over 23 hours, and i have it to automatically refresh every 5 minutes. Could this be attributed to the theme?
    I use the Twitter for BB app and haven't run into this issue.

also theres no notification bar? so i have to open each application when i get a notification. i guess what im asking is in the native theme when u get a notification u tap that bar and it opens the appropriate app. in this theme i have a notification but cannot tap on it, i have to open the appropriate app to clear the notification? if thats the case i hope it gets fixed in future releases.
    Elsewhere in this thread it states that the Today screen functionality hasn't been implemented yet, but will be in a future version. Forget how it looked in the default theme, it may not look or function the same way in this theme once implemented (see my post a few back).
    Last edited by julioangelortiz; 10-04-10 at 07:51 PM.
    10-04-10 07:49 PM
    I even checked my social feeds, went to options, and it wasn't even something I could check to integrate into the social feeds.
    10-04-10 07:53 PM
    I use the Twitter for BB app and haven't run into this issue.

Elsewhere in this thread it states that the Today screen functionality hasn't been implemented yet, but will be in a future version. Forget how it looked in the default theme, it may not look or function the same way in this theme once implemented (see my post a few back).
    I did read that but didnt realize thats what it was called(Today). knowing that now i suppose ill just unhide some icons and move them to my homescreen. btw i did find my media in a hidden folder called, oddly enough "media" lol. just need to rearange some icons i guess.
    10-04-10 07:54 PM
    Here is a Landscape (480x360) version of the HTC Sense Wallpaper if anyone wants it!!
    10-04-10 08:05 PM
    also i have noticed that one of my 4 email icons are the normal icon not the 2 envelope icons that the other 3 are ....wierd but the other theme i installed did the same thing.
    10-04-10 08:08 PM
    It makes me laugh that this is a theme specifically made to emulate a totally different platform yet people are complaining that it doesn't function like the stock theme. Why bother with a custom theme if you want everything to be just like the original theme?

10-04-10 08:13 PM
    It makes me laugh that this is a theme specifically made to emulate a totally different platform yet people are complaining that it doesn't function like the stock theme. Why bother with a custom theme if you want everything to be just like the original theme?

we are crack addicts!!!!!!! we want it all
    10-04-10 08:25 PM
    And we want it now!!!! LOL!
    10-04-10 08:28 PM
    right now no today function is being used with this theme. There is no way of using the stock notification feature on a custom theme right. Dont know if RIM will allows this or its just stock exclusive only time will tell. I am like i stated working on a few ideas that would work with this theme in a today like function just trying to find something that is universal regardless of what apps your going to use it for.
    10-04-10 08:29 PM
    Well, sure enough a battery pull got it integrated into the social feeds, have waited about 20 mins but of course I have no new tweets yet, but I think it is fixed.

And for the record, I am loving this theme. Especially for .99, you cannot go wrong. I have found a great wallpaper for it, entitled "the old htc" in the wallpaper section that looks fabulous.

I don't have quicklaunch, because I refuse to pay more to upgrade it for the torch (I purchased it for the Curve 8520). But I think it be incredibly useful to have it user-defined. Also, I think on page 7, it shows the new pictures for a preview of the theme, and it shows the "wifi" icon in the status bar at the top. I am on Wifi 95% of my day, and it does not show for me. However, it does say in the clock banner that I am connected to my Wifi hotspot each time, just doesn't have the wifi banner.

Even with all that, this is a must-have theme. Unmatched. Can't wait to see TB come out of beta and see what else is in store.
    10-04-10 08:38 PM
    Here is a Landscape (480x360) version of the HTC Sense Wallpaper if anyone wants it!!
    Sorry for the stupid question but how do you set the landscape wallpaper
    10-04-10 08:47 PM
    Theme works good with WeatherBug, no need for the berryweather background.

E, any chance of making the center icon bigger in the clock?
    I second that so it looks like the HTC EVO
    10-04-10 08:50 PM
    dont know about black....lockscreen is also user by the way
    Not sure if this has been posted or not but when in landscape mode hit the BB Menu Key and you can scroll through your apps with a black background.
    10-04-10 08:54 PM
    a larger icon in the middle of the clock would be nice since it seams nearly everyone is using it for a weather app anyways, also perhaps make the clock user defined(same as clock app maybe?) i dont personally care for a flip clock(dont like the break in the middle of the numbers, just looks odd to me) but if thats what it has to be then ill live with it ... man this theme rocks btw ...

awsome job..
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-04-10 at 09:02 PM.
    10-04-10 08:59 PM
    a larger icon in the middle of the clock would be nice since it seams nearly everyone is using it for a weather app anyways, also perhaps make the clock user defined(same as clock app maybe?) i dont personally care for a flip clock(dont like the break in the middle of the numbers, just looks odd to me) but if thats what it has to be then ill live with it ... man this theme rocks btw ...

awsome job..
    Big Weather

10-04-10 09:12 PM
    This theme should be made for the 85xx!

10-04-10 10:04 PM

LOL this cracks me up too. I think the success of this theme (and others like it) shows that HTC is really onto something with their Sense platform, and also says something about RIM's default shell (i.e., boring).
    10-04-10 10:38 PM
    Any Texans fans? I have made an update of the carbon background previously posted which has a Texans logo that will display between your dock and your bottom row of apps.
    10-04-10 11:02 PM
    I would have easily paid $10+ for this theme! LOVE IT!

10-04-10 11:58 PM
1,022 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD