Hey tellsells, how did you get your calendar entries to show up on the homescreen... am I missing something?
    10-04-10 07:32 AM
    Hey tellsells, how did you get your calendar entries to show up on the homescreen... am I missing something?
    Nope, you are not missing anything with this theme.
    The today items are there because of one of my favorite apps called deToday and it allows you to put your calendar appointments on any theme. It has lots of options and it has a free trial.

In case anyone is interested, you have to configure deToday as follows to get the today items to show as in my screenshots:
    Number of events: 7
    Top Margin: 140 (and you must have integrate with Berryweather checked, and position to be set as Top in Portrait.)
    Left Margin: 120
    And you have to have BerryWeather integration on and set to TOP.
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-04-10 at 04:49 PM.
    10-04-10 08:05 AM
    Not sure what you mean by this, my BBM icon has a star on it when I get a message.
    - As of last night, my BBM does not have a star on it for new messages. Just to be sure we're talking about the same button; the button in the middle of the bottom tray? Also, just looking at tellsells screenshots, that middle button says "GesturePad" while mine says "BlackBerry Messe..." (litteraly with the trailing dots); is this a setting somewhere?

I think is great just as it is as a QuickLaunch button, no need to open the keyboard anymore to launch it. Maybe user-definable in the future but as for now it was a great choice.
    - I, and many others, don't have QL; wouldn't this be better served being able to be used with a default feature of the phone (i.e. displaying the today screen?). That way you don't have a bunch of people whining about "what does that little button do" when they don't use QL?

You don't use the BerryWeather homescreen wallpaper here, just put the icon in the 1st position on the app screen.
    - I did put the icon in 1st position and, if you see my edit on the bottom, I figured out how to get BerryWeather to display 95% of the way. It still cuts off the "observed [time]", and the very top of the temperature reading, but I'm OK with that if that's what it takes. Again though, referring to tellsells, how do they have a weather icon?

Actually the whole top bar launched the app screen except for the small hotspot for the connections menu, so it's still in line with accidental launching.
    - True, but I don't mind the app screen launching, since I use the apps. I NEVER use the status bar and it constantly launched. Being a touchscreen I guess we have to take the best and the worst and just take it as it is. SOMETHING is going to be touchable there, it's just a question of what.

To the far right of the clock. Then tap the arrow to go back.
    - Cool, thanks!!

One last thing (for now); on tellsells screenshot there is a battery icon on the top left, what app is that?
    10-04-10 08:09 AM
    - Also, just looking at tellsells screenshots, that middle button says "GesturePad" while mine says "BlackBerry Messe..." (litteraly with the trailing dots); is this a setting somewhere?
    The middle button is the app in position two on your app screen (position one should be BerryWeather or whatever app you want under the clock.)

- I, and many others, don't have QL; wouldn't this be better served being able to be used with a default feature of the phone (i.e. displaying the today screen?). That way you don't have a bunch of people whining about "what does that little button do" when they don't use QL?
    QuickLaunch is a great app and I like the set up of the theme with the Quicklaunch button as is.

- I did put the icon in 1st position and, if you see my edit on the bottom, I figured out how to get BerryWeather to display 95% of the way. It still cuts off the "observed [time]", and the very top of the temperature reading, but I'm OK with that if that's what it takes. Again though, referring to tellsells, how do they have a weather icon?
    Go to BerryWeather settings>Homescreen/Notification Icon>Change Icon Title to Hi/Lo or something with less text and it won't get cut off.

- True, but I don't mind the app screen launching, since I use the apps. I NEVER use the status bar and it constantly launched. Being a touchscreen I guess we have to take the best and the worst and just take it as it is. SOMETHING is going to be touchable there, it's just a question of what.

- Cool, thanks!!

One last thing (for now); on tellsells screenshot there is a battery icon on the top left, what app is that?[/QUOTE]
    The battery icon is an app called MeterBerry which allows you to add the exact battery % to the notification bar. There's also BatteryEx and SmartBIndie that do the same thing.
    10-04-10 08:24 AM
    Nope, you are not missing anything with this theme.
    The today items are there because of one of my favorite apps called deToday and it allows you to put your calendar appointments on any theme. It has lots of options and it has a free trial.

In case anyone is interested, you have to configure deToday as follows to get the today items to show as in my screenshots:
    Number of events: 7
    Top Margin: 140
    Left Margin: 120
    And you have to have BerryWeather integration on and set to TOP.
    I thought that might be it. I saw that app on here a few days ago... Looks pretty good. Thanks for the settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 08:27 AM
    I just installed this theme and I did two soft resets but my trackpad does not work on the home screen. Is this by design? I am running Official .246.

Also, can I reset the BB key to run QuickLaunch?

-Rich
    10-04-10 08:33 AM
    I cannot seem to find the correct spot to activate the connections menu when I am in portrait mode but I have no problems in Landscape mode.

-Rich

The entire top bar is a hot spot for the app screen (except for the tiny hot spot for the connections menu of course), so "accidental touching" is still present.
    10-04-10 08:41 AM
    I just installed this theme and I did two soft resets but my trackpad does not work on the home screen. Is this by design? I am running Official .246.

-Rich
    I believe this is part of the design..because it does not function on mine either.

EDIT: I too have had issues with my BBM Notification "star". I got a BBM this morning..and the 'star' was there. After immediately replying and exiting to homescreen again, i recieved another bbm..and the star was gone. Well not really gone, i could see a couple faint red lines where it should be..almost like the BBM icon was covering up a portion of the notification icon. Perhaps it's a setting or slight glitch..but I know what Kahnefan is talking about.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-04-10 at 08:58 AM.
    10-04-10 08:52 AM

-Rich
    I believe it's the design of the theme. The left dock key is designated for QuickLaunch.

10-04-10 08:53 AM
    I cannot seem to find the correct spot to activate the connections menu when I am in portrait mode but I have no problems in Landscape mode.

-Rich
    It's there, you just have to be really precise with where you touch the screen... It has to be exactly on the signal meter lines.

10-04-10 08:55 AM
    - As of last night, my BBM does not have a star on it for new messages. Just to be sure we're talking about the same button; the button in the middle of the bottom tray? Also, just looking at tellsells screenshots, that middle button says "GesturePad" while mine says "BlackBerry Messe..." (litteraly with the trailing dots); is this a setting somewhere?
    I don't think you're going to get a notification star in that position, only if you have it as an icon on the homescreen.

Actually with many themes on all different devices, a QL hotkey was almost standard as so many people requested it. If there wasn't one you would see posts asking for one. Granted, a lot of times it was a keyboard shortcut (which is actually an option in QL itself now so that is moot), but I remember at least a few themes for the 9000 that had dedicated QL icons somewhere in the theme.
    10-04-10 09:01 AM
    The middle button is the app in position two on your app screen (position one should be BerryWeather or whatever app you want under the clock.)
    Ahhh, that makes sense, thanks!!

QuickLaunch is a great app and I like the set up of the theme with the Quicklaunch button as is.
    It looks like a pretty cool APP, but for $4.99, I'm not sure if I would purchase it since I don't know that it would serve me well for what I use on my Torch. With that said, basically the far left button will just be a dead button for me?

Go to BerryWeather settings>Homescreen/Notification Icon>Change Icon Title to Hi/Lo or something with less text and it won't get cut off.
    I'm actually speaking of the BerryWeather desktop background. If you place it at 200px from the top, it will display all but about 5-10px, which cuts off just the top of the temp and the "Observed [time]". Side note: I edited my BerryWeather Homescreen icon to "Temp+Hi/Lo+Condition" and then made it my second app and it turns the middle bottom button into [temp] [hi]/[lo] [condition] and it looks pretty sharp and makes it one click to BerryWeather still.

The battery icon is an app called MeterBerry which allows you to add the exact battery % to the notification bar. There's also BatteryEx and SmartBIndie that do the same thing.
    I'll check those out, thanks!
    10-04-10 09:02 AM
    Setting up Quicklaunch and arranging my icons, then will review. Thanks for this great theme, it's obvious a lot of time and work went into this one.
    10-04-10 10:15 AM
    Theme works good with WeatherBug, no need for the berryweather background.

E, any chance of making the center icon bigger in the clock?
    10-04-10 10:38 AM
    you know what...everyone is trying to pick at something to say this theme does not do. The theme is amazing. the most advanced theme us torch users have to date and this is with a BETA theme builder. MOST ppl here on CB do have quicklaunch, and as with many os 5 themes, ql was built in to accomodate and QL goes on sale almost every week and sometimes for 50% off and has great user reviews, that is why so many themebuilders incorporate it automatically into their theme. If you are like me and constantly turn off your radio by mistake w the default theme, the way E did this theme made things alot easier for me to manage connections. I even bought pattern lock to allievate that problem but patternlock made my berry freeze too much.

I love how we have 12 customizable homescreen icons, and finally a theme that is usable even in landscape mode. the other themes I have tried, when in landscape, half the screen is white-- it just cuts off. Thank you E for fixing that issue with this BETA theme kit.

I have ATT service, but am running the .246 official Rogers os; I have absolutely no issues when in landscape or in the app screen with icon size or anything for that matter. Yes, in landscape the wallpaper reverts to default; but again like many os 5 themes we couldnt change the app screen wallpaper so idk what all the fuss is about as if it takes away from this theme. And thanks E for making the app screen a universal color (black), so I don't have any issues finding icons.

On every screen, portrait and landscape mode, this theme is super fast. I def appreciate the hard work and energy that went into this theme. And thats my 2 cents
    10-04-10 10:48 AM
    Ok, I finally found it but like you said, you must be spot on.
    Thanks.

-Rich

It's there, you just have to be really precise with where you touch the screen... It has to be exactly on the signal meter lines.

10-04-10 10:53 AM
    I have purchased, and it is an amazing theme. The only issue I have is the font in the email app, it looks really bad on my screen. I may have other settings that are off, so I am looking for advice. What font settings should I use? or is this set into the theme.

BTW, my default is BBMillbank tall 6
    10-04-10 11:04 AM
    you know what...everyone is trying to pick at something to say this theme does not do. The theme is amazing. the most advanced theme us torch users have to date and this is with a BETA theme builder. MOST ppl here on CB do have quicklaunch, and as with many os 5 themes, ql was built in to accomodate and QL goes on sale almost every week and sometimes for 50% off and has great user reviews, that is why so many themebuilders incorporate it automatically into their theme. If you are like me and constantly turn off your radio by mistake w the default theme, the way E did this theme made things alot easier for me to manage connections. I even bought pattern lock to allievate that problem but patternlock made my berry freeze too much.

I love how we have 12 customizable homescreen icons, and finally a theme that is usable even in landscape mode. the other themes I have tried, when in landscape, half the screen is white-- it just cuts off. Thank you E for fixing that issue with this BETA theme kit.

I have ATT service, but am running the .246 official Rogers os; I have absolutely no issues when in landscape or in the app screen with icon size or anything for that matter. Yes, in landscape the wallpaper reverts to default; but again like many os 5 themes we couldnt change the app screen wallpaper so idk what all the fuss is about as if it takes away from this theme. And thanks E for making the app screen a universal color (black), so I don't have any issues finding icons.

On every screen, portrait and landscape mode, this theme is super fast. I def appreciate the hard work and energy that went into this theme. And thats my 2 cents
    And I might add... I've noticed almost no memory loss... You knocked it out of the park E!
    10-04-10 11:26 AM
    Neither have I Joe, that's another thing! No mem leaks at all
    10-04-10 12:11 PM
    From most of the screen shots i have seen, it does not appear that my calendar icon is correct (see screen)? Does everyone else's look like this? The ones i see in the screens has a green top label?

Also, as a side note, i switched from 'PlugItIn' because once the notification came on at 30%, my batter would be at 10% in under an hour. I've since switched to BatteryEX (mainly cuz i saw E's screen shot with it there). Has anyone noticed a more stable batter with BatteryEx? perhaps there is a better one out there?
    10-04-10 12:16 PM
    Also, i'd like add a few things

+1 to occasionally the red star for BBM's being 'cut off' while they are an actual icon on the front screen. To clarify, i do NOT have it as my second icon (the bottom most centered button on the front screen). There are times where this becomes only a few red pixels. I can still tell that i have a bbm, just the icon becomes screwy, this does not ALWAYs happen. Most likely a bug with Theme Builder, just wanted to confirm that i have it happening as well.

-When i enter a folder on my home screen (say like 'applications') and return back to the home folder, it starts me back at the top of the home screen, not at the bottom where the opened folder is. Has anyone else noticed this?

-On my 'messages' screen, the font is too large, and the time of the message becomes cut off (12:...). Perhaps this can be made smaller. I've currently got my font at 6.
    Last edited by datrumole; 10-04-10 at 12:25 PM.
    10-04-10 12:23 PM
    wtf ....wow i missed alot. brb going to read and ill reply again .
    10-04-10 12:36 PM
    How can I make my berryweather big for the homescreen

10-04-10 01:00 PM
    Does anyone else miss not having the sound profiles icon on the home screen? Is there any chance this will be added in a future release?

-Rich
    10-04-10 01:02 PM
    On my 'messages' screen, the font is too large, and the time of the message becomes cut off (12:...). Perhaps this can be made smaller. I've currently got my font at 6.
    I haven't adjusted my font size at all (still at the default 9) and my messages screen is completely normal.
    10-04-10 01:13 PM
1,022 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD