The only problem i have is that no matter what wall paper i use, i still get the default wallpaper that came with the theme when i turn the phone to landscape. I pulled the battery and i am using the .246 OS. Other than that it is a fantastic theme! Just what i wanted!
    10-03-10 09:40 PM
    lets help each other here Dylan cause i like you. Do me a favor fully charge your battery like 100% after that open the battery door pull the battery wait 5 seconds then insert the battery and close the door. Lets see if that fixes everything.
    Just wanted to add that Dylan isn't the only one. Now, my battery is at 21% so I will do what you said about charging completely and then doing a battery pull.

I decided to try what he's describing. In landscape mode I have seen a normal app screen (when I first got the theme), then the app screen that he describes with the small icons and the space on the right hand side (after a re-boot), and now when I'm on the app screen in portrait mode and turn my phone to landscape mode it goes to the home screen.

Now, it's not really bugging me cause I don't use landscape mode that much, but just wanted to say that he's not alone

Great job nonetheless E!
    10-03-10 09:45 PM
    The only problem i have is that no matter what wall paper i use, i still get the default wallpaper that came with the theme when i turn the phone to landscape. I pulled the battery and i am using the .246 OS. Other than that it is a fantastic theme! Just what i wanted!
    Just noticed mine does the same...
    10-03-10 09:47 PM
    Ok, just purchased and downloaded. By far my favorite theme for blackberry so far...

I will say, HTC did a nice job with Sense...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 09:48 PM
    landscape cant be user at this time. Storm has always had this feature. U cant take a 360x480 portrait image and have look right on a 480x360 landscape mode.
    it would look stretch out and weird.
    10-03-10 09:51 PM
    ^^ Awesome, thanks for the response.

One suggestion: maybe make QuickLaunch accessible through the de facto Spacebar hotkey and use the left-arrow button for the today screen (which would be easier / more intuitive than a hotspot)?

Just my $0.02. Again, great work.

That's for QuickLaunch. If you don't have it installed, then nothing will happen.

Doesn't bother me any but I think I see what you mean. The color / scheme style seems a bit off with the rest of the theme?

Thanks so much...I was wondering what what going on! Lol. I love the theme.

One suggestion I'd add is keeping the drop down notification theme on the home screen. That's one thing I love about android phones, plus it might help with the today screen for the torch if you leave it as it came stock (i always use the notification screen to check on my appts for the day)...just a thought
    10-03-10 09:53 PM
    my only suggestion so far, aside from the few bugs....the calendar icon just does not seem to fit the theme, perhaps a different one is available? anyone else agree?
    it was change today...its the one bug i couldn't figure out around it. Theme kit only allows the export font to be white in color. the original icon is red and white so white on white??? i decided to change it with this icon since it was the only one that kinda fit the theme alittle.
    so that took a good portion of the today hence the late release.
    10-03-10 09:54 PM
    I dont care what bugs there are or aren't, bevausw this is miles better than stock theme. My only question is everything is working fine except the wallpaper with the theme is the same as it was before install. I'd like to use the one in the pics. Should a battery pull fix this?n

10-03-10 09:59 PM
    Landscape can't be change its been like that for the storm version for yrs. A 360x480 wall will look stretch at 480x360.

Above is a quote from ecruz. **** out of luck till there is a fix.

10-03-10 10:02 PM
    landscape cant be user at this time. Storm has always had this feature. U cant take a 360x480 portrait image and have look right on a 480x360 landscape mode.
    it would look stretch out and weird.
    Can you make the Landscape wallpaper black then? Some HTC devices are all black when they are turned to landscape. That might be a work around for now until the problem could be fixed.
    10-03-10 10:02 PM
    OMG!!! I'm so in love with this theme. Thank you e!!!!
    10-03-10 10:03 PM
    To be honest I hope you do a today with all of them because some people love the fact that when they open the today screen they can see every kind of message they have received, and not have to go looking for the app.
    10-03-10 10:06 PM
    All in all an amazing theme E. Thanks for your hard work and continued support in only making this theme better!

Cheers

10-03-10 10:07 PM
    Can you make the Landscape wallpaper black then? Some HTC devices are all black when they are turned to landscape. That might be a work around for now until the problem could be fixed.
    dont know about black....lockscreen is also user by the way
    10-03-10 10:09 PM
    To be honest I hope you do a today with all of them because some people love the fact that when they open the today screen they can see every kind of message they have received, and not have to go looking for the app.
    im trying to figure that one....i want the today like function of the stock os. but the theme kit only allows static today. It was the main issue i was having to decide and why it was taking longer to release it. I hope that rim adds that feature to custom themes in the final build.
    10-03-10 10:11 PM
    im trying to figure that one....i want the today like function of the stock os. but the theme kit only allows static today. It was the main issue i was having to decide and why it was taking longer to release it. I hope that rim adds that feature to custom themes in the final build.
    O really. That sucks. I hope they do too. They put so much effort into that today screen why not let theme developers use it.
    10-03-10 10:19 PM
    This is by far the most innovative Torch theme out there. Sure there will be some "glitches", as the ThemeBuilder is in beta.
    Have you all seen the other themes that are available for the Torch? They are just the stock theme with either different icons or colors.
    This is a great theme and I applaud this developer's work!
    10-03-10 10:26 PM
    O really. That sucks. I hope they do too. They put so much effort into that today screen why not let theme developers use it.
    is not that i wanted to leave it out...is that i wish i could have use the stock today feature that makes os6 os 6. oh well lets hope that the final theme kit we get that option it will truly will complete this theme.
    10-03-10 10:37 PM
    My feedback;

BBM Button: I like the BBM button where it is. However, is it possible to make it "light up", or change to the "with star" icon when I have a new BBM? When holstered my BB is on vibrate, so I don't know if I'm getting a text/email/BBM. Text/email will give the "with star" icon on the envelope, but nothing signifies a new BBM (other than process of elimination).

Bottom Left Button: I would be cool with making this into the today button if/when possible.

Rotate image: I agree with making the rotate image a black or carbon fiber, if it can't be user selected.

BeWeather/Weather icon: I see the mail icon has taken the spot of the weather icon on my Wife's Hero, which I'm OK with. But now, not only do I not have a weather icon (which is pictured), but my BeWeather is completely covered by the huge (yet sweet) clock. For now I have added the BeWeather icon to my row of icons, but it would be nice if there was a way to link BeWeather to the dock. Note: I went into BeWeather app and found where I can change the location. I moved the top margin down to 200px (max) and the dock now cuts off the very top of the BeWeather app. I will email BeWeather to see if they can make a larger # available, or offer a custom setting.

Status icon: some have complained about the signal status icon, but if you look at other threads, Torch users complain that it's too easy to bump that top bar and open that area, so take your pick. I'm personally good with not having that HUGE hotspot for something I never use. If I can talk/surf, I can talk/surf; if I can't, I can't.

App screen+rotate: if I have the app screen open and rotate my Torch the app screen goes away.

Overall: Even if you have obstacles still in your way (beta software), this theme KICKS A$$!! I've never really been a "theme" person, tried a few on my curve and never cared for them much. However, after everyone purchases a Torch they should 1) upgrade their OS, 2) download this theme.

Edit: "New Clock Style Zen go from Standard to Zen with a tap of the screen" Where do I "tap" for this to happen?

Home screen: when I used to click the BB button on the home screen it would bring up a menu with:

-Switch App
    -Open Tray
    -Options

Now when I tap the BB button from the homescreen, I get the apps menu.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 10-03-10 at 11:22 PM.
    10-03-10 11:15 PM
    My feedback;

BBM Button: I like the BBM button where it is. However, is it possible to make it "light up", or change to the "with star" icon when I have a new BBM? When holstered my BB is on vibrate, so I don't know if I'm getting a text/email/BBM. Text/email will give the "with star" icon on the envelope, but nothing signifies a new BBM (other than process of elimination).
    Not sure what you mean by this, my BBM icon has a star on it when I get a message.

Bottom Left Button: I would be cool with making this into the today button if/when possible.
    I think is great just as it is as a QuickLaunch button, no need to open the keyboard anymore to launch it. Maybe user-definable in the future but as for now it was a great choice.

BeWeather/Weather icon: I see the mail icon has taken the spot of the weather icon on my Wife's Hero, which I'm OK with. But now, not only do I not have a weather icon (which is pictured), but my BeWeather is completely covered by the huge (yet sweet) clock. For now I have added the BeWeather icon to my row of icons, but it would be nice if there was a way to link BeWeather to the dock. Note: I went into BeWeather app and found where I can change the location. I moved the top margin down to 200px (max) and the dock now cuts off the very top of the BeWeather app. I will email BeWeather to see if they can make a larger # available, or offer a custom setting.
    You don't use the BerryWeather homescreen wallpaper here, just put the icon in the 1st position on the app screen.

Status icon: some have complained about the signal status icon, but if you look at other threads, Torch users complain that it's too easy to bump that top bar and open that area, so take your pick. I'm personally good with not having that HUGE hotspot for something I never use. If I can talk/surf, I can talk/surf; if I can't, I can't.
    Actually the whole top bar launched the app screen except for the small hotspot for the connections menu, so it's still in line with accidental launching.

Edit: "New Clock Style Zen go from Standard to Zen with a tap of the screen" Where do I "tap" for this to happen?
    To the far right of the clock. Then tap the arrow to go back.
    10-04-10 06:26 AM
    This theme is outstanding AS IS. All "hot spots" works perfectly. The top hot spot for "manage connections" works better than the native theme as it eliminates accidental touching of the top bar:

With deToday app:

10-04-10 06:46 AM
    This theme is outstanding AS IS. All "hot spots" works perfectly. The top hot spot for "manage connections" works better than the native theme as it eliminates accidental touching of the top bar:
    The entire top bar is a hot spot for the app screen (except for the tiny hot spot for the connections menu of course), so "accidental touching" is still present.
    10-04-10 06:58 AM
    LOVING IT!!! What a stunning theme. I've had a ton of themes with my Bold 9000, and this beats every one I've ever purchased or downloaded for free hands-down.

Great job E!!!
    10-04-10 06:59 AM
    The entire top bar is a hot spot for the app screen (except for the tiny hot spot for the connections menu of course), so "accidental touching" is still present.
    Agreed, but I think it functions better than the native theme, as it is more difficult to touch by accident.
    10-04-10 07:14 AM
    Agreed, but I think it functions better than the native theme, as it is more difficult to touch by accident.
    Anything is better than the native theme!! But I do find I have to be fairly precise with the hotspots, which is good. This theme is great.
    10-04-10 07:28 AM
1,022 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD