hi every one

i have a problem i have just purchased a bb tourch 9800 and i want to change the theme on it but i don't know how can someone help me please
    11-09-10 02:04 AM
    na4ever

the Torch does NOT come with any themes when you buy it. You will first have to buy premium themes or download free themes (which this part of the forum is excellent for), and THEN you can change themes. One way to do that is to use your Blackberry browser and click on an OTA (over the air) link...that will download a theme, the rest will go easily. Good luck.
    11-09-10 02:50 AM
    hi norcab

thank you for your reply the thing is when i download its not showing in my phone

if you don't mind can you please explain it step by step

thank you once again
    11-09-10 05:18 AM
    well, there really isn't a whole lot to it. Just use the blackberry browser to go to a link that says OTA. If you do have a Torch 9800, and you do download a theme for THAT model, at the end of the download it will automatically ask if you want to install that theme. Nothing to it, really. Add me, pin 22CO1121, or msn norcab@live.com.
    LasloPanaflex likes this.
    11-09-10 06:03 AM
    hi norcab

thank you for your reply the thing is when i download its not showing in my phone

if you don't mind can you please explain it step by step

thank you once again
    When your download is complete and the theme is installed, usually (but not always) it will ask you if you want to activate the theme. If you click 'Yes' here, it should change the theme. If you don't get the option (or of you do and click 'No'), then:
    Go to Options > Display > Screen Display
    Scroll to the bottom, and you should see BlackBerry 6 (active) and whatever other theme(s) you have downloaded. Click the theme you want to activate, then click 'Activate'. Wait a few seconds, and it will return you to Screen Display. Close that out, and your new theme will be active. Some themes require you to do a battery pull to become fully active.

Hope this helps ...
    11-09-10 10:09 PM
    Is the same for me, after I've downloaded a theme (iberry), it's not on 'Display' options with the other themes.
    12-10-10 12:34 AM
    The themes have to be COMPATIBLE with the device! In case of that the themes will be shown like discriped (OS6 Torch)... If not- you will found the theme under (OS6) (Im German- therefore I dont no exactly the terms in your english menu, but you have translate it analogous): Options-Device-Administration of Applications... The Bold9000 (with OS4.6 or 5.0) shows your (incombatible) Themes also under options- applicationslist....
    12-10-10 05:02 AM
    And dont forget- a battery pull after changing the themes seems to be necessary with your torch!!!!!!
    12-10-10 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD