ok so iv been messing around on the new blackberry theme studio 6.0 this is my first time making a theme and i tried making a very simple one but it came out to almost 6mb is there a way to make that smaller and also how do you make ota downloads.
    05-09-11 10:03 PM
    Export it to OTA. Then, depending on if you want to charge or not:

Free OTA hosting, go to bbthemelab.com and set up an account. You will need to load all .cod and (1) .jad file(s) from your OTA export. Then, copy the link from the .jad file ONLY. Use their short URL service to shorten the URL, then you are good to go with your OTA link.

Chargeable: use which ever host you like, although I would suggest mobihand since CB can get credit for any downloads you link through them.
    05-09-11 10:08 PM
    its my first time doing a theme so its gonna be free theres no way i can charge for it when im still in the learning process of making these. now as for making the file smaller is there any way to do that cause i think almost 6mb is a big file compared to the size i see on everyone else's themes.
    05-09-11 10:37 PM
    its my first time doing a theme so its gonna be free theres no way i can charge for it when im still in the learning process of making these. now as for making the file smaller is there any way to do that cause i think almost 6mb is a big file compared to the size i see on everyone else's themes.
    I'm not sure what might be making it large. To be honest, I've never even looked at my file size. Again though, is the 6mb how large it is when you exported it to OTA?
    05-09-11 11:05 PM
    so exporting to ota did drop the file size to 1.5 mb now i just need to get some pics together fix some bugs i ran into when i uploaded it to my phone and ill put the theme up probably tomorrow. and thank you for your help i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by damienstarr; 05-10-11 at 12:02 AM.
    05-09-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD