A [FREE] Vancouver Canucks theme for all, Canucks fan or not!

I call this a Canucks theme mainly due to the colour scheme; as there are no logos or images of the team or players plastered throughout so even if you're not a fan of the team, you can still enjoy this theme. Blue-Green-White aka the West Coast colours used throughout.

::Features::
    -Landscape support
    -Weather Slot (app 1)
    -Hidden dock with 5 icons (apps 2-5)
    -Quick Launch is a 3rd party app (not included), if you do not have QL the hot spot will simply do nothing.
    -Semi-functional track pad navigation
    -Hot spot 1 - Hide\show Hidden Today
    -Hot spot 2- Hide\show Hidden Dock

Download: V3.0
    -NEW OS6.1 icons!!!!!!!!
    -Minor home screen aesthetic changes
    -REMOVED option and signal hot spots in portrait mode
    -Changed battery and signal meter (courtesy of BBthemelab)

-Hide\show HT tap to the right of the clock
    -Hide\show dock tap to the left of the dock

OTA - Download: V2.0
    -Skinned menu and dialog box
    -Re-enabled landscape, it now has only 3 visible icons with no text. No today.
    -Enabled some track pad navigation(both portrait and landscape), touch an empty spot on the screen (such as top banner) then scroll...not the greatest but it's all I can do for now because of the many hot spots.
    -Various other minor fixes

OTA - Download: V1.21
    -Enabled Hidden today (hot spot 1 in above image)
    -Hidden dock moved slightly (hot spot 2 in above image)
    -Disabled landscape due to issue with it corrupting hidden dock and hidden today animation (not sure why, svg coding error? theme builder glitch?)
    -Quick Launch hot spot now in bottom banner in between battery and signal meters

OTA - Download: V1.1
    -Changed font type for lockscreen, landscape's clock, banner and carrier
    -Changed Message app banner to green
    -Removed quicklaunch hotspot in landscape (no matter what I do it just won't work, yet it works in portrait just fine for some reason...)
    -Various other minor changes

OTA - Download: V1.0

BATTERY PULL AFTER INSTALLATION IS RECOMMENDED!

PLEASE provide any feed backs good or bad, and any suggestions or requests you may have and I'll see what I can do within my limited abilities.

Enjoy!
    Go! Canucks! Go!

Legal: I intend no copyright infringement and\or claim ownership of the Canucks logo or any other trademarks which belongs to their respective owners. This is a fan made theme therefore it's provided for free.

Special thanks to StaticFX for helping me with the HT, BBthemelab for the free OTA hosting and 101 tutorials and battery and signal meter.

**Donations are appreciated but not required**
    Last edited by Foberry; 04-07-11 at 09:44 PM.
    02-21-11 11:24 PM
    Very cool. Almost makes me wish I were a hockey fan.

Thanks for making the theme. Nice work.
    02-22-11 07:37 AM
    NICE!!!

Could you add a hidden today area? Maybe just for the 4 - 6 next calander items?
    02-22-11 02:21 PM
    This is my second FREE theme called "Vancouver Canucks" theme for your enjoyment.

Everytime I load this, I loose a defense man >?????

HEHE
    02-22-11 02:29 PM
    Or maybe a today view on landscape?
    02-22-11 05:08 PM
    Very cool. Almost makes me wish I were a hockey fan.

Thanks for making the theme. Nice work.
    Thanks, you technically don't have to be a hockey fan to enjoy this 1
    NICE!!!

Could you add a hidden today area? Maybe just for the 4 - 6 next calander items?
    I'll see what I can do, every time I enable HT or today items to the theme, the hidden dock banner item doesn't export properly, along with a few other things...

Everytime I load this, I loose a defense man >?????

HEHE
    Well I'd rather you lose them than the Canucks speaking of which...they get 2 top 4 defense men back tonight, Ballard and Hammuis! Woot!!!
    ev44 likes this.
    02-22-11 08:00 PM
    Very cool, I want one with the NJ Devils -- WE BEAT DALLAS STARS tonight YAY!!!!

Can you use the track pad on this one????????
    02-22-11 10:08 PM
    If no track pad, can you get it to work guy????

I like this one!!!!

Thx
    02-22-11 10:12 PM
    AWESOME theme. Thanks so much! Go Canucks Go!!!
    02-23-11 12:26 PM
    yea a today theme would be awesome
    or maybe 6 icons be a today entry...that would be great
    thx
    02-23-11 04:10 PM
    Very cool, I want one with the NJ Devils -- WE BEAT DALLAS STARS tonight YAY!!!!

Can you use the track pad on this one????????
    NJD have been on a tear lately, if Lemaire gets the Devils into the playoff (slim chance however) he's a definite runaway with the Jack Adams award for coach of the year.

Anywho sorry bud there won't be trackpad navigation any time soon. Hope you're still able to enjoy this theme regardless.

AWESOME theme. Thanks so much! Go Canucks Go!!!
    Thanks! Go Canucks go!
    yea a today theme would be awesome
    or maybe 6 icons be a today entry...that would be great
    thx
    I'm working on that as we speak, there will be a major overhaul for the next big update, code name "Believe in Blue", which is basically a new theme that will include a HT. Give-or-take on landscape support depending on how nicely the theme builder will play with me...

OP is updated with version 1.1 nothing major just a few minor tweaks for a more cohesive theme.
    02-23-11 09:07 PM
    Thanks for the great theme!!! Perfect timing for a Canucks theme!!

Go Canucks Go!!
    02-24-11 12:28 AM
    Vancouver Canucks theme have been updated to version 1.2, please read the change log in the OP. Thanks all, and please let me know what you think!

Side note: change of plan...no "big" update, will begin designing and planning out my next theme. Look out for it =D
    02-25-11 12:32 AM
    THanks for the update!

Too bad about the landscape. I liked the wallpaper change to the Van Ctiy skyline.

The hot spot for Quick Launch doesn't seem to be working. Are you saying it is where the 3G is in the screenshot?
    02-25-11 11:44 AM
    Also, thought I would share some wallpapers...enjoy!
    02-25-11 12:27 PM
    I'm using it for St. Patricks Day :]
    02-25-11 03:52 PM
    THanks for the update!

Too bad about the landscape. I liked the wallpaper change to the Van Ctiy skyline.

The hot spot for Quick Launch doesn't seem to be working. Are you saying it is where the 3G is in the screenshot?
    Also, thought I would share some wallpapers...enjoy!
    Ok, thanks for the heads up, I'll get that sorted out shortly enough...those are some awesome walls btw thanks for sharing! =D

I'm using it for St. Patricks Day :]
    =D When you do, definitely let me know what you think! Hope you'll like it.
    02-25-11 06:21 PM
    Version 1.21 now available for download, fixes include hots spot relocation and QL fix. Please see updated change log and image.
    02-26-11 09:22 PM
    i have dl'd it and thinks it great! love it, love the icons on the side :] thanks for sharing
    02-26-11 09:26 PM
    Everything seems to be working now. Thanks for all the effort you've put into a free theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 10:23 PM
    Awesome theme. GO CANUCKS GO!!!
    2 things I suggest are.
    Johnny Canuck symbol in the centre of home screen
    Ditch the Battery and Signal #'s on the bottom corners.

Overall kickass theme keep'em coming

03-13-11 07:09 PM
    Theme has been updated to version 2.0, please read the original post for change log. Thanks all!

Awesome theme. GO CANUCKS GO!!!
    2 things I suggest are.
    Johnny Canuck symbol in the centre of home screen
    Ditch the Battery and Signal #'s on the bottom corners.

Overall kickass theme keep'em coming

Thanks, glad you're liking it, and thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately for the time being I will not be considering those changes.
    In keeping the rest of the theme logo free I'm hoping for others (non-Canucks fan) to be able to use this as well. Once they change the wallpaper the only thing Canucks that remain is the colour scheme, and frankly only a Canucks fan (NHL fan) would be able to tell.
    03-27-11 07:12 PM
    thanks for this i just got my torch and this was the first theme i saw and wanted.
    03-27-11 07:48 PM
    When i click on the 2.0 OTA link, it sends me to the 1.2.1 download page...is that because i'm on a torch? is 2.0 only for non touch? great theme though! just wondering about the OTA link
    04-01-11 11:29 PM
    When i click on the 2.0 OTA link, it sends me to the 1.2.1 download page...is that because i'm on a torch? is 2.0 only for non touch? great theme though! just wondering about the OTA link
    It could be that I forgot to change version \theme info for it, or just simply didn't test out the link -_-"...however this theme has just been updated to Version 3.0! OP has been updated.

Edit: Version 2.0 is indeed version 2.0...I just forgot to change the version number but as per theme name, sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Foberry; 04-01-11 at 11:53 PM.
    04-01-11 11:46 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD