Theme Name: Wallpaper Popup

Do you like viewing and showing off your wallpapers? Perhaps featuring pictures taken yourself using the Torch's camera? But want to do that while still having everything available right at your fingertips? If yes then this is the theme for you.

All that you initially see on your homescreen is a tiny banner and nothing else, nothing to get in the way of your wallpapers.

But if you touch anywhere on the top quarter of the screen a box instantly pops up showing:
    �Profiles (note: Profiles must be set to be the first icon in the 3rd row of your main All Applications list)
    �Clock
    �Options
    �Manage connections

Also if you touch anywhere in the middle half of your screen you get:
    �A 2 row popup featuring your 8 favourite icons

Thats not all, when you click anywhere in the bottom quarter of the screen you get a pop up featuring:
    �Messages
    �Text Messages (SMS/MMS)
    �BBM
    �Browser

You can leave any 1, 2, or 3 of those popups on your screen for as long as you want, but as soon as you are done with them simply hit Escape and they dissappear again leaving your homescreen clear and uncluttered.

And there is still more. You'd rather use your keyboard than touch your screen? No problem:
    �Hit the spacebar and Messages opens up
    �Hit 0 (Zero) and the Calculator opens
    �Hit $ (the key with the Speaker icon in it) and Profiles opens up

You are probably thinking but what about viewing my upcoming appointments right from my homescreen? No problem that is taken care of as well. Simply rotate your phone left or right and you will be shown your next 9 upcoming appointments

So all together that is 20 applications and 9 appointments that can be viewed and selected right from your completely clear and uncluttered homescreen

Download link: Wallpaper Popup
    Or view this theme and all the others on The Theme Zone

**Update Nov 21st, 2010*** The first 100 people to use the coupon code "wallpaperpopup" will get this theme for only $0.69
    Last edited by D Mac; 11-21-10 at 02:35 AM.
    NOKJAA likes this.
    10-05-10 03:30 AM
    LOVE this! Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 05:05 AM
    this theme kicks ***. !

hit your bb button to get the rest of your apps.

thank you!
    10-05-10 09:04 AM
    This theme is absolutely fantastic. Very creative and well executed. Great job.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-05-10 10:36 AM
    not sure if it is possible, but could turn left be appointments, turn right is messages?

I dont know if this is useful, but it just popped into my head
    10-05-10 10:40 AM
    Brilliant!!! Simply Brilliant!!!
    Clean, Clear, No lags what so ever, shortcuts work promptly and I get to see a clean uncluttered wallpaper.
    Thank you so much for this
    10-05-10 11:10 AM
    This looks like the theme I've been waiting for... gonna download it and give it a whirl.
    10-05-10 01:57 PM
    I've noticed that some icons get cut off. In the second block, for instance, I have BerryWeather and the temperature on the icon gets cut off a bit.

Just a note Maybe resizing the icons could help?

10-05-10 02:29 PM
    I've noticed that some icons get cut off. In the second block, for instance, I have BerryWeather and the temperature on the icon gets cut off a bit.

I noticed the same issue. So I went into berryweather and centralised the temp reading. Looks better now.

10-05-10 02:41 PM
    I noticed the same issue. So I went into berryweather and centralised the temp reading. Looks better now.

I made this adjustment, too, and it looks perfect. I also switch the temp background to clear which makes it look much cleaner, IMO.

This theme is fantastic. Thank you, D Mac, for creating it and offering it for free. You should sell it for a couple of bucks once the theme builder software comes out of beta.
    10-05-10 03:07 PM
    Awesome theme. I like having a clean home screen to show off my wallpaper, so this works perfectly! Thank you.
    10-05-10 03:11 PM
    Looks nice. Thanks D Mac, I'm giving it a shot tonight
    10-05-10 03:14 PM

Ok, it took a lot of work to get Theme Builder to co-operate with me, but I got it fixed.

Re-download the theme from the original link on my site and none of your icons will be cut off.

Here is the link again: Wallpaper Popup
    10-05-10 03:29 PM
    Wonderful! Thank you!

10-05-10 03:40 PM
    D Mac - you're a genius! This is a great theme and I like the functionality you have added with "rotate to Today" - I miss the Today screen in OS6. Plus your theme avoids me having to figure out how the Favorites/Downloads/Frequent stuff is set up.

I have one suggestion (just before I go downloaded your revised version): there is one slot in the upper quarter that is customizable. Any chance of getting a text line right below because that slot would then be perfect for a weather app!
    10-05-10 05:12 PM
    not sure if it is possible, but could turn left be appointments, turn right is messages?
    I don't use the BB calendar, can I somehow change it to something else?
    Last edited by Bill.H; 10-05-10 at 07:12 PM.
    10-05-10 07:09 PM
    I don't use the BB calendar, can I somehow change it to something else?
    Any customizations could be done by donation.

10-05-10 08:05 PM
    Yay! A wallpaper friendly theme! And you found a clever way to get around the portrait/landscape issue! Thanks for making this!
    Last edited by princessdianaaa; 10-05-10 at 09:00 PM.
    10-05-10 08:53 PM
    Oops! Double post!
    Last edited by princessdianaaa; 10-05-10 at 09:01 PM.
    10-05-10 08:56 PM
    I love the idea of the turn-to-see-calendar-entries. I hope you make some more themes with that feature!

I wish this theme were more customizable - for example, I use a combined messages folder so the text message folder is a waste of space.

Also, do you have to slide out the keyboard and hit backspace to clear the popups? Can you make it so you could also swipe the screen left or right, for example, to clear them?
    10-05-10 09:25 PM
    I love the idea of the turn-to-see-calendar-entries. I hope you make some more themes with that feature!

I wish this theme were more customizable - for example, I use a combined messages folder so the text message folder is a waste of space.

Also, do you have to slide out the keyboard and hit backspace to clear the popups? Can you make it so you could also swipe the screen left or right, for example, to clear them?
    Oh did I say Backspace? Sorry I meant Escape. So, no you don't need to open the keyboard.

Also I use a combined inbox as well, but when you want to quickly select a Text chat it is Much easier to open Text Messages than it is to scroll through dozens of Emails/BBM/FB/etc to find it, so it is not a wasted icon at all.
    10-05-10 09:30 PM
    Sweet thanks a lot

10-06-10 10:24 AM
    Only "bug" I've found, but not serious at all, is the messages icon (to open mail, not the notification icon) doesn't indicate new mail (the notification icon does though).

10-06-10 07:15 PM
    I love it Mac. Keep it up and thank you for such a clean and simple idea. Then put it into action. Love being able to use the popup's on the screen and not so busy of a theme. I feel sometimes all the themes get to "busy". But that's my 2 cents. Have a good one guys.
    10-06-10 07:20 PM
    Only "bug" I've found, but not serious at all, is the messages icon (to open mail, not the notification icon) doesn't indicate new mail (the notification icon does though).

Loving the theme! Would be extra awesome if, as mentioned above, the mail and text message icons would show an indicator when you have new messages.
    10-06-10 09:11 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD