For this theme the name kind of says it all: It uses almost all of the stock elements but removes the tabs, removes the shading on the banner and adds a weather slot

Features:

Touch/Click on the centre of the top banner for Clock
    Touch/Click on the left of the top banner for Options
    Touch/Click on the right of the top banner for Manage Connections
    Touch/Click on the notification area for Messages
    4 User defined icons at the bottom
    Weather slot under the Universal Search icon (Weather set to be the 5th icon from your main all applications list)

Screenshot:

FREE download link: Stock with no tabs no shading on banner and added weather slot
    Or view this theme and all the others on The Theme Zone
    arjae_rj and homer1475 like this.
    12-07-10 04:45 PM
    Any way to make this Theme with 12 icons that can be hidden like the stock OS (press the top to hide icons and up arrow to make them re-appear) ?? Love the rest!!

Oh, and does it show battery percentage?? Thank you!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 07:02 PM
    Any way to make this Theme with 12 icons that can be hidden like the stock OS (press the top to hide icons and up arrow to make them re-appear) ?? Love the rest!!

Oh, and does it show battery percentage?? Thank you!!!

Glad you like it.

Ya 12 hidden icons and a percentage battery meter are both do-able but what you are describing is a major change and would be a completely different theme. If I can find the time I will look into making something along those lines...
    12-07-10 10:50 PM
    i like the simplicity of this theme.
    Thank you
    12-07-10 10:58 PM
    Glad you like it.

Ya 12 hidden icons and a percentage battery meter are both do-able but what you are describing is a major change and would be a completely different theme. If I can find the time I will look into making something along those lines...
    Awesome!! I would pay for a theme like that!!! Thanks in advance...

12-08-10 07:32 AM
    i have it on my new Torch but the blackberry data logo does not show up...this usual?
    12-08-10 06:44 PM
    i have it on my new Torch but the blackberry data logo does not show up...this usual?
    Are you using the stock theme? If so you will need to call your carrier and get a BB data plan added to your plan.

This is a known issue with third party themes. The BIS icon wont show on the homescreen, but does show when on the browser. You can thank a beta theme builder for that.

Thanks again Dmac, another great theme. As stated I would buy the theme if you did the changes that fredericroumi posted.
    12-08-10 06:53 PM
    Hey D Mac, I spotted this in the CB Superstore this morning.

I know the spacing of the top banner elements is stock, but with the lines removed it looks a little too spaced out.

I think it would look better if you moved up the Profiles-Notification-Search line a bit.

And I think the Weather Slot icon would look better if it was moved up by an even greater amount. It looks like it's floating out there.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, just giving my opinion of what could take this Home Screen from good to great for me.
    12-08-10 08:15 PM
    Can you use the trackpad with this theme or any other OS 6 theme created with the beta theme builder?

-Rich
    12-09-10 10:26 AM
    Hey D Mac, I spotted this in the CB Superstore this morning.

I know the spacing of the top banner elements is stock, but with the lines removed it looks a little too spaced out.

I think it would look better if you moved up the Profiles-Notification-Search line a bit.

And I think the Weather Slot icon would look better if it was moved up by an even greater amount. It looks like it's floating out there.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, just giving my opinion of what could take this Home Screen from good to great for me.
    Yes I agree about the spacing, if I was doing it for myself I would have moved things around but this was made by request and this is exactly the way he wanted it.

12-09-10 11:33 AM
    Can you use the trackpad with this theme or any other OS 6 theme created with the beta theme builder?

-Rich
    Yes you can use the trackpad on this theme.

12-09-10 11:34 AM
    Glad you like it.

Any news on this? Did you get a chance to edit the Theme by any chance?? Thanks!!!

12-12-10 08:00 PM
    Any news on this? Did you get a chance to edit the Theme by any chance?? Thanks!!!

Right now I am running a beta of a new theme mostly based what was mentioned above.

Hopefully I will be able to finish it soon...

12-12-10 08:04 PM
    Cool! Looking forward to see it!!!

12-12-10 08:06 PM
    I used this theme for a while and loved it, but there are 2 things that made me return to the original theme. If you could 'fix' these two things, I'd love to go back to using it !

For the 'Touch/Click on the notification area for Messages' is it possible for you to make is so that when you click that area it remains the same drop down notifications as the original theme has?

Also, when in the main menu on the original theme, if you click the center area with nothing there, nothing is highlighted anymore. On your theme, something always has to be highlighted and I always notice it, is there someway to fix it?

Oh and another thing, landscape doesn't work.

Thank you if you have time to make another version
    Last edited by Namtaro; 12-14-10 at 05:24 PM.
    12-14-10 04:44 PM
    Cool! Looking forward to see it!!!

Here you go
    12-15-10 05:02 AM
    I used this theme for a while and loved it, but there are 2 things that made me return to the original theme. If you could 'fix' these two things, I'd love to go back to using it !

For the 'Touch/Click on the notification area for Messages' is it possible for you to make is so that when you click that area it remains the same drop down notifications as the original theme has?

Also, when in the main menu on the original theme, if you click the center area with nothing there, nothing is highlighted anymore. On your theme, something always has to be highlighted and I always notice it, is there someway to fix it?

Oh and another thing, landscape doesn't work.

Thank you if you have time to make another version
    The dropdown notification area only works with the stock OS6 themes. There is no way to get it on a custom theme.

My new theme that is very similar to this theme (found HERE) allows you to not have anything selected if you simply touch or click anywhere in the centre of the screen.
    12-15-10 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD