thanks for the update, ill try it out now.
    08-21-11 08:16 AM
    Man, do I ever love this theme! Of course, I had to update to v.5 as soon as you put it out there. Installation was pain-free, the new icons are kewl, but I've got a question. Is it strange that my gmail account has a different icon than my domain-name email accounts and my account @blackberry.net? The other accounts change their icons when I highlight them, but my gmail account icon always stays the same (just as if it were highlighted). Is this an expected result? I have done the battery pulls, reinstalled the theme, but I can't get this to change.

I have this behavior on my Yahoo email icon.
    I guess some email service might have specify the icon, my yahoo email icon have an yahoo logo on it. However, all my other email service is using the default OS7 email icon.
    08-21-11 02:24 PM
    Fantastic that you have updated this theme to OS7 icons!

This is the only theme I have been running on my Torch since version 4.something. Nothing else has come close to the functionality of this theme. Sort of ruined the fun I used to have switching to a new theme every couple of days...

That said, how come the free themes for the Torch have dried up? Of late, almost every new one posted at Crackberry has been premium.
    08-22-11 09:04 AM
    BIG troubles here. I just picked up a Torch2 and I am so afraid of losing the best BB theme on the planet. Are you considering an upgrade yourself? Can you be enticed?
    08-22-11 07:39 PM
    BIG troubles here. I just picked up a Torch2 and I am so afraid of losing the best BB theme on the planet. Are you considering an upgrade yourself? Can you be enticed?
    Sorry, not unless I can get one with $50 or less.
    My HUP won't kick-in until Jan 2012. I might opt for the superphone if it is out soon. .... If not, then I might consider a 9810 at that time.
    OhmEye likes this.
    08-22-11 07:48 PM
    Sorry, not unless I can get one with $50 or less.
    My HUP won't kick-in until Jan 2012. I might opt for the superphone if it is out soon. .... If not, then I might consider a 9810 at that time.
    Here's hoping!

In the meantime, how much study would I have to do to port this ingenious theme over to the 9810? Is it a matter of changing the screen resolution in Theme Studio or a lot more complicated? Any chance of doing a premium theme for the Torch2?
    08-22-11 10:05 PM
    Here's hoping!

In the meantime, how much study would I have to do to port this ingenious theme over to the 9810? Is it a matter of changing the screen resolution in Theme Studio or a lot more complicated? Any chance of doing a premium theme for the Torch2?
    Torch2 is not listed as an supported device in theme studio 6 SP1.
    We might have to wait for RIM to release another beta version of the theme studio which support OS7 devices.
    08-22-11 11:30 PM
    Definitely like the update to OS7 icons!

I note that when an icon is selected, it reverts to the OS6 version. Comparing the file sizes, it looks like v5 is about 400kb larger than v4_2. Are both sets of icons in there? Is there some optimization possible by stripping out the old ones?

Just curious. It is a free theme so I don't think complaining should be allowed - you do this out of your generosity and we all appreciate your effort on this fantastic theme!
    newcollector likes this.
    08-24-11 09:13 AM
    I've said it before and I will say it again and again and again; This is the best theme. Once you get your icon order set up, this is a clean, bug free and powerful theme that lets the user quickly get to what needs to be done.
    OhmEye, kfroese and slgta like this.
    08-24-11 12:23 PM
    This theme would be perfect if the landscape mode were customizable. (It once was, right?) It's perfect in portrait mode, but I don't use the social/media dock at all.
    08-26-11 06:11 PM
    Hello. I have downloaded this theme from the OTA to test, and it looks pretty cool.
    I especially LOVE the new icons changing to old ones when highlighted.

I do have a problem/question though:
    It seems like my icons 2-5 are missing from the hidden dock.
    I've got 17 icons in my menu screen, but the right hidden dock is empty.

Is there something I'm missing or could this be an error?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 02:26 PM
    *I see that if I add 1 more icon it shows on the right hidden dock.
    I'm still wondering why my first set of icons is missing from the docks though.

08-28-11 02:29 PM
    *I see that if I add 1 more icon it shows on the right hidden dock.
    I'm still wondering why my first set of icons is missing from the docks though.

Application mapping:
    - The weather slot (app0)
    - Four corner hidden hotspot (app1-app4)
    - Dock1 @bottom (app5-app8)
    - Dock2 @left (app9-app12)
    - Dock3 @top (app13-app16)
    - Dock4 @right (app17-app20)

Please see the first post for a screen shot markup showing the placement of all the hotspots.

Hope this help.

08-28-11 02:42 PM
    Ok I get it thanx

Personaly I would have made the hidden docks the first ones, and the hotspots the last 4, but I understand how some people prefer to use themes.

Still leaving this one on to check how it runs.

Thank you for it.

08-28-11 03:19 PM
    This theme would be perfect if the landscape mode were customizable. (It once was, right?) It's perfect in portrait mode, but I don't use the social/media dock at all.
    Correct. The very early version of this theme did have a customisble landscape home screen.
    I have couple ideas on how to make better use of the landscape mode. Will experiment when I update this theme again...or when I start building theme for my next phone (9810? 9860? Superphone?)

OhmEye likes this.
    08-28-11 03:32 PM
    I have couple ideas on how to make better use of the landscape mode. Will experiment when I update this theme again...or when I start building theme for my next phone (9810? 9860? Superphone?)
    9810 !!!!!!!
    08-28-11 03:55 PM
    9810 !!!!!!!
    Well, I would have jump on it ...if it has the Bold keyboard.
    I came from the Bold 9000 ... and I certainly miss my Bold keyboard when I upgrade to the 9800.

I still don't understand why RIM didn't put the Bold keyboard onto the Torch .... even after everyone told them the Bold keyboard is their best keyboard.

Anyway, my 9800 is less then a year old... so I might stay with it for a bit longer. If it dies ...I might switch back to the Bold 9000 just becoz of the keyboard.... but probably will not spend the money to buy a new phone with the bold keyboard but only have a small screen like the 9930.

Well, I also need a big salary raise.
    With salary adjustment less then inflation every year, we are like having a salary reduction every year.
    Time to start looking for another company to work for.
    08-28-11 08:40 PM
    I think that putting the Bold keyboard on the Torch would have made this phone rather ungainly. It would be wider and deeper and heavier than it already is. I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice some aspects to fit the form.
    08-30-11 02:46 PM
    Well seeing as we're so off topic:
    I like the Torch's keyboard... A LOT!
    The Bold'd buttons are to square and flat to use easily.
    In fact I recommended the curve to my wife above the bold too.

08-30-11 02:54 PM
    I think that putting the Bold keyboard on the Torch would have made this phone rather ungainly. It would be wider and deeper and heavier than it already is. I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice some aspects to fit the form.
    Well seeing as we're so off topic:
    I like the Torch's keyboard... A LOT!
    The Bold'd buttons are to square and flat to use easily.
    In fact I recommended the curve to my wife above the bold too.

I have a small hand, and I have trouble typing with the Torch keyboard.
    But I don't have that problem with the Bold keyboard.
    That's why I haven't decided to go All-touch, Bold-touch or Torch2.

Anyway, yes, we are going off topic ... and I am guilty in bringing this up.
    Now, back to our regular programs.
    08-30-11 03:05 PM
    Thanks for this
    05-22-12 12:15 AM
    Moved the hosting to dropbox, here is the link....

http://redirect.tinyurl.com/api/clic...lse&format=txt
    07-17-12 10:58 PM
    My apology .... still learning how to use dropbox.
    It turns out that I need to share the whole folder.

Here is the link to the folder.... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xuphbzcdfv5a0w/Pgscc6v7Vq
    07-18-12 09:22 PM
    08-03-12 08:24 AM
199 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD