This is to fill a request for the Stock OS6 theme with no tabs on the home screen. Due to limitations in TB6 I had to get a bit creative to find a work around for the Drop Down Notifications. Maybe someone with a bit more experience will be able to recreate the actual Notification Dropdown or RIM will include that option in the full version of TB6.

When you tilt your Torch on it's side you get another Notification area that has 3 entries each for Messages and Calendar and 2 entries for Txt Messages

OTA INSTALL

Please remember to do a battery pull after installing this theme and each time after you change to a new theme already on your Torch (not sure if this is a TB issue or a Torch specific issue
    Last edited by curve1967; 11-03-10 at 05:02 PM.
    10-23-10 03:20 PM
    YOU ARE AWESOME!! Yeah, I was shouting! Thanks a million!
    10-23-10 04:01 PM
    Can you make this with different theme colors? Specifically purple?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey
    I can do that for you but I need you to choose a purple from the screen shots below please

10-25-10 05:25 PM
    That little seach icon only shows up on themes that keep the OS6 user interface, when you switch theme styles in TB from OS6 to Custom you do not have the option to add a seach icon. The only way to access search on any OS6 theme that does not have the notification bar is to have the option "Launch By Typing" set to Universal Search. Hopefully this is something RIM adds to the full version of TB
    Sorry I have looked everywhere on the BlackBerry Simulator running AT&T OS6 .141 and my own Torch running Virigin OS6 .246 and I can't find a Search Icon anywhere unless I am running a OS6 UI theme.

How can you have a search icon when it was you that told me that once u do away with the Stock theme the search icon disappears too? I installed this theme and guess what? No search icon on my phone.
    Anyone else have this issue too? Some have told me they have the search icon when going away from the stock theme while others have said they don't have it either.

EDIT:
    I have also noticed that what ever you click on the highlight remains highlighted, no way to get rid of it.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-26-10 at 07:27 AM.
    10-26-10 07:19 AM
    Ok this is wierd. After a third battery pull i have the search icon next to the "notification bar", but when i click on it it brings me to my weather app? No search function when clicking the icon. My weather app is my first icon on the app screen.
    10-26-10 07:30 AM
    How can you have a search icon when it was you that told me that once u do away with the Stock theme the search icon disappears too? I installed this theme and guess what? No search icon on my phone.
    Anyone else have this issue too? Some have told me they have the search icon when going away from the stock theme while others have said they don't have it either.

EDIT:
    I have also noticed that what ever you click on the highlight remains highlighted, no way to get rid of it.
    It seems to be an OS Issue, for some reason some people have a search Icon and it is listed in Composer as being a valid choice. I myself don't, nor does it work for me. I am really hoping that once TB is out of Beta all these different issues are going to be resolved.
    As for the highlight that is something I am still working on. The differences between Composer 5 and 6 are huge, things that worked in 5 no longer work in 6 or they work totally different.
    10-26-10 07:32 AM
    It seems to be an OS Issue, for some reason some people have a search Icon and it is listed in Composer as being a valid choice. I myself don't, nor does it work for me. I am really hoping that once TB is out of Beta all these different issues are going to be resolved.
    I believe the search icon is available in OS 6.0.0.225 and it is not present in the newer OS. That's only a theory but hopefully someone else will confirm.
    10-26-10 08:40 AM
    I believe the search icon is available in OS 6.0.0.225 and it is not present in the newer OS. That's only a theory but hopefully someone else will confirm.
    You know you might be right. I remember having the icon at one time but has since disappeared. I have tried all beta/leaked/Official OS's and i dont remember exactly when it was there, but i do remember having it. I still have .225 on my pc, when i get home from work today ill load that and see if that's exactly what it is.
    10-26-10 08:57 AM
    I know that on the Simulator running .141 and .246 on my Torch the only Seach I have is the Universal serach, No Icon

10-26-10 09:01 AM
    I had the icon when on .225 (I never upgraded to .246) but I cannot find it on .284.
    10-26-10 09:25 AM
    RIM must have thought is was redundant and got rid of it. I wonder if it will still show up in the final versions of Composer and TB?

10-26-10 09:28 AM
    I am running the Rogers .246 and I _do_ have the "Search" icon. I had it hidden b/c I don't use it, but it is indeed there... looking at it right now
    10-26-10 09:37 AM
    I am running the .246 from Virgin Mobile Canada that came loaded on my Torch. I switched to the default theme and reset my phone to Factory Defaults. Show All is checked and still no search Icon. Could it have become a Carrier specific icon?

10-26-10 10:09 AM
    I am running the .246 from Virgin Mobile Canada that came loaded on my Torch. I switched to the default theme and reset my phone to Factory Defaults. Show All is checked and still no search Icon. Could it have become a Carrier specific icon?

That's so weird. Mine is also the OS that was pre-loaded (Rogers) and I have _not_ reset my phone back to factory default... It's just there no matter what theme I use. Doesn't make any sense that it would be carrier specific but perhaps that's what it is.

10-26-10 10:41 AM

I had it on the leaked OS .225 and cannot find it on .284.
    10-26-10 10:44 AM
    I found a way to CREATE a search icon.
    You need to use an app called ShortcutManager available here:
    ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Shortcut Manger is a cool app that allows you to set up shortcut icons. You then have to set up a shortcut icon from the list of applications and you need to find:
    net_rim_bb_universalsearch_app
    And you'll end up with a UNIVERSAL SEARCH icon (as the top row second from left):

Last edited by tellsells; 10-26-10 at 11:43 AM.
    10-26-10 11:26 AM
    I found a way to CREATE a search icon.
    You need to use an app called ShortcutManager available here:
    ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Shortcut Manger is a cool app that allows you to set up shortcut icons. You then have to set up a shortcut icon from the list of applications and you need to find:
    net_rim_bb_universalsearch_app
    And you'll end up with a UNIVERSAL SEARCH icon (as the top row second from left):

Since you posted this, and seeing some of the new posts about OS versions and whether people have the icon or not. I decided not to bother with loading the old OS to see if that was the issue. This app does the trick quite nicely.
    10-26-10 04:47 PM
    #5! Thanks so much!

Here ya go
    2 Versions
    Regular OS6 Icons

OTA INSTALL

Purple OS6 Icons

OTA INSTALL
    10-26-10 07:38 PM
    I for one would just like to apologize to curve1967 for hijacking his theme thread with this stupid search icon thing.... again
    10-26-10 08:43 PM
    I for one would just like to apologize to curve1967 for hijacking his theme thread with this stupid search icon thing.... again
    Hey homer1475
    No problems with me, we are all learning an new OS and it is only when users like you ask questions or point out problems that they get fixed. I always welcome feedback and am willing to work with your guys to try and make the themes you want. The reason I starting making themes in the first place was because I couldn't find a Steampunk theme for my Curve 8330. After making over 200 themes I still learn something new with every theme ya'll challenge me to make!!
    10-26-10 08:54 PM
    Oh my that's a lot of purple. How interesting! I actually just meant anything that was blue to be purple, though..

I thought it was alot of purple too LOL

Here is the version I think you might have been looking for

OTA INSTALL
    10-26-10 11:27 PM
    THANK YOU. I was the person who started the other thread that lead to this request coming your way. So far I have only two tweaks to achieve perfection.

1) I would rather have two rows of icons on the home screen.
    2) When on the home screen, I would prefer scrolling left/right along the icons to stop at the first/last icons rather than wrap around.

Well done, and thank you.
    10-27-10 10:12 AM
    THANK YOU. I was the person who started the other thread that lead to this request coming your way. So far I have only two tweaks to achieve perfection.

1) I would rather have two rows of icons on the home screen.
    2) When on the home screen, I would prefer scrolling left/right along the icons to stop at the first/last icons rather than wrap around.

Well done, and thank you.
    Hey
    I'll work on this for you tonight and post links once it is complete

10-27-10 10:16 AM
    Thanks...that is really terrific of you!
    10-27-10 10:49 AM
    Thanks...that is really terrific of you!
    Here ya go Thom

OTA INSTALL
    10-27-10 06:50 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD