-Connections Icon Top Right

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OTA:
    MyBBOTA.com Download - Simple 9800 Torch 2.0

This one has a calendar instead of hidden today

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OTA:
    MyBBOTA.com Download - Simple 9800 Torch 2.0 with calendar

Please comment on how I can improve this theme.

Thank you
    Last edited by tigeraf; 04-05-11 at 10:43 AM.
    ranger80 likes this.
    04-03-11 12:32 PM
    Thanks I really like this theme!!
    04-03-11 08:03 PM
    So far the theme looks great! One bug so far. When turning the phone to landscape on the main screen, the format messes up.
    04-03-11 09:54 PM
    Very nice job for your first theme - seen experienced builders do poorer work than this! Well done.

Comments:
    -I like the small file size. Downloads fast, runs fast.
    -Well done on the weather slot. Most don't manage to get dedicated text line for that. I appreciate it because my weather app of choice doesn't update its icon - just the text.
    -I think landscape mode works fine. Does change to a distorted view of the default wallpaper. Perhaps worth choosing default wallpaper that looks good in landscape? Most users will likely change the wallpaper anyhow.
    -I'd suggest a less overwhelming selector for the icons on the home screen. That thing is big and blue.
    -Also, the clock isn't in the navigation pattern so if that is the last thing selected, you are kind of stuck with a big blue rectangle on the time.
    -I love having Today on the home screen. If I was making the theme, it would just be the calendar as the messages is a bit of waste of time (to me) as it only shows new, unread messages.
    -I think the banner could be tightened up - looks like a lot of blank space although I haven't checked what happens with every notification icon on.

A few of my thoughts but it is your theme, your style, your way of doing stuff.

Thanks for putting it out there free for us to try. I am enjoying it overall.
    tigeraf likes this.
    04-04-11 10:30 AM
    Hey kfroese, thanks for your comments. I will fix those changes. Regarding the big blue icon on the home screen, I did that on purpose because its easier for me to turn on blue tooth while driving =)

I will create a different version later tonight. I will replace hidden today for the calendar. How many slots do you want for the calendar?

Also what do you mean by the banner could be tightened up??

Thanks
    04-04-11 10:59 AM
    Are the icons on the homescreen hidable?
    In my opinion don't change the today, I like having the messeges and text as well. If I could have the whatsapp messeges on the today then it was great.
    Only my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 12:47 PM
    Sure, I'm haven't learned how to hide the icons yet. Ill post it up when i figure it out =)
    04-04-11 01:35 PM
    Are the icons on the homescreen hidable?
    In my opinion don't change the today, I like having the messeges and text as well. If I could have the whatsapp messeges on the today then it was great.
    Only my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i think that may be defendant on the app, not the theme, but I may be wrong.
    04-05-11 04:53 AM
    great theme!
    one thing that bugs me is the different colour "bottom bar" when Im replying sms.....seems like when its not onsceen keypad and sending a message arent available its "greyed out"....maybe keep it all the same?

for the weather slot, right now its partially cut off..would you be able to make the text in 2 lines, rather than a one line?

thx
    04-05-11 05:13 AM
    Thanks ev44 Ill try to fix these problems for you
    04-05-11 09:40 AM
    Hey kfroese, thanks for your comments. I will fix those changes. Regarding the big blue icon on the home screen, I did that on purpose because its easier for me to turn on blue tooth while driving =)

I will create a different version later tonight. I will replace hidden today for the calendar. How many slots do you want for the calendar?

Also what do you mean by the banner could be tightened up??

Thanks
    I like the big area for a connections hot spot, just not the large blue highlight!

I like at least 5 slots for the calendar but will take as many as I can get.

I though there seemed to be a bit of space between the various icons/notifications in the banner and that if things were grouped a bit tighter, the banner would be smaller. But stylistic.

Good luck pleasing everyone!
    tigeraf likes this.
    04-05-11 03:38 PM
    Hi,
    I'm going to put all your ideas into my next theme with 6.1 icons. But it won't be done till my exams are over next weekend =(

anyways thanks a lot for your comments
    04-05-11 05:59 PM
    great looking theme. i would love to have it with the os 7 (6.1) icons
    05-15-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD