01-02-11 02:48 PM
66 123
tools
    I received this by PM, but thought I would answer here for anyone else with the same questions. I will answer it in full detail since I'm not sure what apps the sender is/is not familiar with.

Hey I saw in the meridian theme thread you said you fixed the tilt issue by locking the TL. What exaclty does that mean and do you mind teling me how you did that?
    Tilt lock is a feature provided by QuickLaunch, as well as several other programs. I personally use QL. Once you have installed (or already have QL), you will need to go into the QL Options screen and make sure you select "yes" for "Add Tilt Lock to System Menu". Then, In order to lock your home screen, press the BB button to activate your app screen. Then, press the BB button again to bring up the system menu and select "QL Lock Tilt". This should lock your screen (thanks elite1 for the shortcut).

Also, I love your wallpaper where did you get it from...
    I got the wallpaper from the "techy stuff" wallpaper area here on CB. It is an "iPad HD" WP. Link to WP

...and how did you get your weather forecast in the background?
    For the weather I use the latest version of BerryWeather. In the "settings" area under "Homescreen Wallpaper" there is a section for "Homescreen Wallpaper Items". Mark whichever item (for me, both) you want displayed on your home screen. Note: Using this option you MUST reload a wallpaper just below these two options in the same menu in order to not have a plain black BG. Keep in mind, for the forecast, the smaller the font the more days you will receive on your forecast. I have my forecast "icon size" set to X-Small. Also in this same area, you will need to push your "Top Margin" down 70px in order to be below the top banner of the theme. I also have my sides offset by 30px, but that's just my preference.

Please let me know if I can help further.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 12-20-10 at 05:52 PM.
    12-20-10 04:31 PM
    *sigh* ok guys thank you for defending me and thanks to the people that gave the suggestions. Please stop posting about all that lol and enjoy the theme. I take all suggestions as such.

Happy Holidays!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There we have it! The OP doesn't want you guys fighting over the theme. Same for this Mod and I carry a Mod stick!

12-20-10 04:36 PM
    Thank you Pootermobile for the really nice theme!!!!
    12-20-10 04:38 PM
    Tilt lock is a feature provided by QuickLaunch, as well as several other programs. I personally use QL. Once you have installed (or already have QL), you will need to go into the QL Options screen and make sure you select "yes" for "Add Tilt Lock to System Menu". Then, In order to lock your home screen, you will need to activate your original theme that came on your phone. Once you have done this, go to your home page and press the BB button. There should be an option you can select for "QL Lock Tilt". Once you have activated this on the home screen, you can then return to your custom theme and your home screen will (should) be locked. Use the opposite method to unlock it if you don't like it locked.
    Hey KahneFan, just so you know, there's no need to switch themes to set the QL Lock Tilt after it's added as a global menu item.

In the stock BB6 theme, you can access it pressing MENU key from the Home Screen as there is no App Screen per se.

With 3rd party themes like this one, pressing MENU takes you to the App Screen. Press MENU again and select QL Lock Tilt.
    Setting it from the App Screen locks both the Home Screen and App Screen.

Note to all: this Lock Tilt does not survive reboots and therefore needs to be reset again afterwards.

Shao's SixTools app contains a similar Orientation Lock function. It adds an option to auto-lock on restart; however so far that has only worked with the stock BB6 theme.

In the CB Superstore there is one app called TiltLock (I think) that promises its settings survive resets. It's around $6 if I recall, so a bit of a rip-off in my opinion.
    12-20-10 04:45 PM
    Setting it from the App Screen locks both the Home Screen and App Screen.
    Good to know, thanks! I saw that option, but I thought it might just lock the app screen.

For $6, I think I'm OK with re-locking on reboot
    12-20-10 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the free theme!
    12-20-10 10:40 PM
    Here's my screen with custom wallpaper:

Wow, I want that wallpaper! Pretty please

Edit: Never mind, one should read the rest of the thread before posting again
    Last edited by rainynight65; 12-20-10 at 11:56 PM.
    12-20-10 11:53 PM
    Wow, I want that wallpaper! Pretty please

Edit: Never mind, one should read the rest of the thread before posting again
    Lol I was going to say

Here's the link to the post with the wallpaper if anyone else comes a-looking:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/fr...1/#post5882469

Anyway glad you found it!
    12-21-10 12:05 AM
    Great Theme Pooter! Thank you for the early Christmas present.
    12-21-10 07:49 AM
    No thank button on the mobile version of this site?

12-21-10 09:58 AM
    Awesome theme. Thanks for sharing.
    12-21-10 01:21 PM
    I'm with swdoro. STFU with all the critiquing already! If he were to do all of your 'fixes' it'd be a totally different theme! Say thank you, Merry Holiday and move the **** on! Thank you Pooter for a great theme!!

People were not complaining. They were offering positive feedback in regards to the theme as it was requested in the first place. Calm down for Gods sake.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-21-10 01:38 PM
    Pretty cool theme, thanks for the free gift! Appreciate it.
    12-21-10 01:41 PM
    No thank button on the mobile version of this site?

No not at this time.

From your device, if you scroll down to the bottom of any page on the mbile site, you will find a link called Return to Default View. Clicking here loads up the full site. (A bit annoying, but it will start you back at the Forums home page.)
    From the full site you have all the full options & info.

I've been using the full site on my Torch for at least the last month. Between webkit and the extra screen real estate, I find I'd rather just see everything. And it loads about as fast (or maybe even faster) than the mobile site did on the old Browser.
    Double-tapping on an image or column will zoom the view in to the width of the item you just double-tapped.
    12-21-10 01:49 PM
    Thanks for this Theme... I'm really liking it so far! Merry Christmas to You Pooter!!

12-21-10 04:58 PM
    Thank you for the theme! It's quite nice.
    It's different from the few that I have so I have to get used to it, but it's beautifully set up.

12-21-10 07:03 PM
    Pooter......very generous of you! Many thanks and have a safe and joyful holiday.

12-21-10 11:04 PM
    Great job. Thanks!
    12-22-10 07:13 PM
    Thanks for the holiday wishes guys ill be updating the theme with a black wallpaper on the app screen and call screens

12-22-10 07:54 PM
    Thanks for the holiday wishes guys ill be updating the theme with a black wallpaper on the app screen and call screens
    Hey Pooter, just curious: are you planning on using a flat black or a gradient like the default call screen to make it look a little more interesting?

I know the issue isn't your fault to begin with, but is there any adjustment you can make to the weather slot so it doesn't cut off the right side of some icons?

Still using this theme continuously since release. I really do like it. Thanks again!
    12-22-10 08:13 PM
    Gosh....i love it so.......more so because of the today screen........great job on this one......its awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    12-22-10 11:38 PM
    Great job.... I think I've found a new fave theme! Happy Holidays!!
    12-23-10 02:04 AM
    Thanks new fav theme. Awesome work. Happy Holidays
    12-23-10 02:07 AM
    Great theme!

12-23-10 10:15 PM
    Great theme!
    Did you stick it out with Torch, or roll back to your 9700?
    12-23-10 11:09 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD