Meet Slyder

Updated! Trackpad Navigation!

Trackpad nav has been added. A few things moved around. One dedicated icon plus an app screen icon on both portrait and landscape. The only issue now is the trackpad nav goes through the red arrow buttons and activates the docks. If I take the buttons out of the nav stream it breaks the continuity of the trackpad use. If anybody knows how to get around this please do tell. Until then, enjoy. Oh, and if anybody wants to donate a few icons to put in place of the arrow buttons that would be cool.

I really wanted to go in a different direction this time. Slyder is a three tier sliding dock on the left, one dedicated user slot on the right and an applications icon below that. The three buttons will be changed in the future. For now, you'll have to use the down arrow buttons. It now has trackpad use. Albeit a bit overly energetic. The navigation travels through the scroll buttons and activates the docks. You'll see. Enjoy.
    Landscape mode enjoys ten icons in the dock, a user defined slot and an applications icon.

OTA Slyder
    Last edited by KEB64; 02-13-11 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Update!
    02-05-11 08:33 PM
    How long of a break in period does it seem to take and is it as smooth as your other themes once it is broken in?
    02-05-11 09:07 PM
    Giving it a whirl. So far I like. Thanks.
    02-05-11 09:12 PM
    How long of a break in period does it seem to take and is it as smooth as your other themes once it is broken in?
    Couple minutes. The theme is using two separate svg files. One for portrait and one for landscape. I personally haven't seen this done, even though it's a built-in option in Themebuilder. Themebuilder and Composer are not perfect. I expect major improvements in the next 2 years. Until then, we do what we can.
    Giving it a whirl. So far I like. Thanks.
    Happy you like it! I do too.
    Last edited by KEB64; 02-05-11 at 10:43 PM.
    02-05-11 10:40 PM
    Love the wallpaper. Where is that from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 11:46 PM
    I can't remember where I found it. Here ya go. Feedback on the theme?
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-06-11 12:41 AM
    Very nice. Fast and smooth from the start. As a dedicated theme junkie I change themes the way some people change shirts. Slyder can stay in place a bit and likely stay in the rotation for a long time to come.

Many thanks for a job well done.

02-06-11 06:30 AM
    Very nice theme, great job!

02-06-11 06:57 AM
    Hey this looks cool, i`ll give it a spin!
    02-06-11 08:01 AM
    this theme is great! it has no lag whatsoever ,transition from portrait to landscape is smooth and i haven`t even done a battery pull yet! super job!
    02-06-11 08:15 AM
    I love the look of the theme. Easy to read and navigate around and visually pleasing. The only problem I'm having is when selecting icons in landscape mode and then go back to portrait, there is about a 10 second lag before I can select icons in portrait mode. I've done a battery pull.
    02-06-11 08:25 AM
    I love the look of the theme. Easy to read and navigate around and visually pleasing. The only problem I'm having is when selecting icons in landscape mode and then go back to portrait, there is about a 10 second lag before I can select icons in portrait mode. I've done a battery pull.
    that`s strange,i don`t have that problem on my device.
    02-06-11 08:33 AM
    I have the same issue, lag. Already did a battery pul

02-06-11 01:02 PM
    Awesome theme
    02-06-11 01:37 PM
    Awesome theme
    Thanks everybody. Like I always say, if I can make one person happy I've done my job.
    02-07-11 02:22 AM
    You've made quite a few happy! Thank you for all of your themes! I really do enjoy this one, mucho!

02-07-11 04:11 AM
    Loving your themes. Yours make up most of the ones I have in rotation plus I have recommended several to co-workers who don't take the time to try a couple of new themes every day like this junkie!

This theme is no exception - well done! And I havet found it particularly laggy. Just one battery pull and seems to work fine for me. I like having Today items (calendar mostly) but I'm not sure this theme lends itself well to that and I'm using it ayhow. One small bug: the red asterix for new mail items is slightly cropped in portrait mode. Didn't check that item in landscape yet.

02-07-11 07:54 AM
    Loving your themes. Yours make up most of the ones I have in rotation plus I have recommended several to co-workers who don't take the time to try a couple of new themes every day like this junkie!

This theme is no exception - well done! And I havet found it particularly laggy. Just one battery pull and seems to work fine for me. I like having Today items (calendar mostly) but I'm not sure this theme lends itself well to that and I'm using it ayhow. One small bug: the red asterix for new mail items is slightly cropped in portrait mode. Didn't check that item in landscape yet.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware of the red asterix. I never encountered that before so I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably end up resizing it. Until then, enjoy the trackpad update.
    02-13-11 04:55 PM
    Looks great! DL it now!
    02-14-11 08:49 AM
    Gorgeous and well designed. I am a theme junkie and I think I've found my new obsession! Thank you! The only thing I can see missing is the Today portion. Other than that ~ fine work indeed!

03-15-11 05:36 AM
    I like this one a lot. Thanx. I've been working on a moveing dock using a switcher. I reckon I'll scrab it now. Lol. I think the arrows is cool brother only thing I would have done was rotated them to point left and right and separated them, one on each side of the screen. I've been useing 2 svg files from the beginning its the best way I've found to keep both modes in synch. Just wondering if you ment for the weather slot's text to be turned off? Not a problem for me, just wondering. As far as the navigation goes it might be just me but soe times it works in my themes and sometimes not. I haven't found a reason for it yet. If find one please enlighten me. I have a theme now that I can't get the nav working on portait mode but works in landscape. Thanx for this fine piece of work.

03-15-11 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD