08-28-11 07:53 AM
39 12
tools
    I present to you my first theme ever! ellite (pronounced 'ell-lite')

First off let me give credit where credit is due and that is; this theme is based on or a blatant rip off of elle by aug2011 which is probably inspired by another theme :wink:. ellite is simple and clean minimalistic theme with multiple versions. Please read the description for each version to find the one that suits you.

*Note: ALL versions share the same landscape support. Except the original*

** Version 1.02 change log for all ellite versions:
    - Remove white outline on banners
    - Relocated Alarm Clock and other notification icons

Hot spot areas:

-=NEW=-
    .:Full Screen:.
    Blank screen, 6 app hot spots (3 left and 3 right divided in equally vertically) - all other hot spots ready.
    Fullscreen V1.02 - OTA Download

.:Stock Lite:.
    2 top icons (tab+text), 4 icon bottom dock, no app hot spots - all other hot spots ready.
    StockLite V1.02 - OTA Download
    StockLite V1.012 - OTA Download

.:Minimal:.
    2 icons (no tab, no text), no app hot spots - all other hot spots ready.
    Minimal V1.02 - OTA Download
    Minimal V.1.01 - OTA Download:

.:Hot Spot:.
    2 icons (no tab, no text), All hot spots ready.
    Hotspot V1.02 - OTA Download
    Hotspot V.1.011 - OTA Download:

.:Original:.
    2 Icons (text), no hot spots, you don't want this... =)
    V.0.01 - OTA Download

Original wallpaper:
    Download Blackberry Storm wallpapers to your cell phone - best blackberry cool - 16676030 | Zedge

**Please perform a BATTERY PULL after install**
    Comments and feedback welcomed!
    Last edited by Foberry; 02-13-11 at 07:47 PM.
    swdoro, azz1, hunoosh and 3 others like this.
    02-09-11 10:26 PM
    looks good, clean and simple
    02-09-11 11:22 PM
    Thanks Bigbusa1, thanks for the comment and hope you like it. =)

With the next update I hope to be able to add in a hidden dock, HT, more hot spots and improve on the overall aesthetics. This is my theme building exercise to gain knowledge and experience before attempting to create a more complicated one.
    02-09-11 11:39 PM
    Thanks Bigbusa1, thanks for the comment and hope you like it. =)

With the next update I hope to be able to add in a hidden dock, HT, more hot spots and improve on the overall aesthetics. This is my theme building exercise to gain knowledge and experience before attempting to create a more complicated one.
    Good job. Keep it up! There can never be enough theme makers here.
    02-09-11 11:56 PM
    Let me suggest 2 things and a 3rd one if you can do it :
    1- Bigger clock , that is very important to many people here.
    2- Add 2 more icons at the top. This is personal I know, because I hate hidden docks. So adding to or even more (if you can reduse thier sizes) would be excellent.

Now if you can use any other set of icons, because this set is really very average compared to what is available now.
    02-10-11 06:10 AM
    Nice Job thus far!
    02-10-11 07:16 AM
    Nice job! I like it the way it is! Although I don't use a tilt lock app I noticed the landscape bug...other than that its great! Thank u!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 09:53 AM
    If I can make a suggestion. If and when you make updates, can you please make each version independently downloadable? I have like themes in the past and the maker changes everything and I can't get my favorite version anymore. On a side note can you make a version without the bb logo button for us non-quicklaunch users?

02-10-11 10:16 AM
    Let me suggest 2 things and a 3rd one if you can do it :
    1- Bigger clock , that is very important to many people here.
    2- Add 2 more icons at the top. This is personal I know, because I hate hidden docks. So adding to or even more (if you can reduse thier sizes) would be excellent.

Now if you can use any other set of icons, because this set is really very average compared to what is available now.
    Your suggestions have been noted and will be implemented however I will be using the stock OS6 icons for ellite sorry about that as I am personally I'm kinda fond of it. Also I don't have an icon set at hand or the ones I've found I'm not much of a fan of.

Nice job! I like it the way it is! Although I don't use a tilt lock app I noticed the landscape bug...other than that its great! Thank u!
    Thank you! I'll add in landscape support with the next update. Stay tuned.

If I can make a suggestion. If and when you make updates, can you please make each version independently downloadable? I have like themes in the past and the maker changes everything and I can't get my favorite version anymore. On a side note can you make a version without the bb logo button for us non-quicklaunch users?
    Sure I can make each version a separate download.
    As for the BB logo I'll change that to launch a user-defined app instead.
    02-10-11 06:00 PM
    Sweet that will work great, can't wait to try it out. Thanks and keep up the good work.

02-10-11 07:01 PM
    Sent you a PM, looking good! If you can get the hotspots working you can probably get rid of the top right icon, I LOVE this theme, great to show off wallpapers! Functional, Minimalistic themes are the best!

02-11-11 02:18 AM
    You ought to get rid of the icon text on the home screen as well, it doesn't mix well with a lot of backgrounds

02-11-11 03:52 AM
    The home screen on the new theme "MAXED" by gtt is almost an exact ripoff of elle too bad the BG in the app menu is brown, if only it was black or the BG image.

Last edited by dfairlite; 02-11-11 at 04:25 AM.
    02-11-11 04:22 AM
    Before I head out for the night, here's a preview of the next update. It's close to finish just putting in some final touches...

There is also another version coming (more for personal use) where the 4 app hot spots will instead be a bottom dock.

@dfairlite: I put an underlay for the text for the 2 top icons which should make it compatible with all wallpapers.
    However I'm not against just removing the text in its entirety if I receive enough requests for it.

Thanks everyone again for your input and OTA will be up sometime tomorrow hopefully.
    Last edited by Foberry; 02-12-11 at 02:28 PM.
    02-11-11 11:08 PM
    I'm all for removing the text all together, and might be a little too personal but I would love a version with just the 2 home screen icons, no text, and no hotspots. Just the basic ones like the manage connections, clock, calendar and sound profiles. That would be perfect!!! In my opinion of course!

02-12-11 04:25 AM
    This update is exactly what I like, big clock, max 6 icons on the home screen and no hidden docks.

Will be waiting anxiously.
    02-12-11 05:36 AM
    3 new versions have been posted, please see the original post for download links and info. Thank you! As always let me know what you guys and gals think good and\or bad. =)
    Last edited by Foberry; 02-12-11 at 03:23 PM.
    02-12-11 02:29 PM
    Can you post the wallpaper of the original theme please ?
    Is it available without the Blackberry logo?
    02-12-11 02:52 PM
    Unfortunately no as it is not my own creation. I go to Zedge.net for all my wallpaper needs. Here's a direct link to that particular one.

Download Blackberry Storm wallpapers to your cell phone - best blackberry cool - 16676030 | Zedge
    02-12-11 03:02 PM
    very nice, good job
    02-12-11 09:20 PM
    Love the new layout, the wallpaper is sa-weet!!! But I found in the minimal version if you touch the home screen the second icon gets a blue highlight box around it and it only goes away when opened and closed.

02-12-11 09:41 PM
    love this.. 1 request.. can remove the white line?

btw, my alarm icon is located behind clock.. :?
    02-12-11 10:38 PM
    very nice, good job
    Thanks, hope you're enjoying it!

Love the new layout, the wallpaper is sa-weet!!! But I found in the minimal version if you touch the home screen the second icon gets a blue highlight box around it and it only goes away when opened and closed.
    Thanks for the heads up and it appears to occur on all 3 version if you touch an empty space...it automatically highlights 1 particular icon, in minimal's case, the top right slot...I'll look into how I can fix this.

love this.. 1 request.. can remove the white line?

btw, my alarm icon is located behind clock.. :?
    It seems to be an issue only when using the 24hour format - I'll relocate the alarm icon in the next update.

BTW, can someone tell me how to change the date to the long format? So instead of (Sat, Feb 12) it reads Saturday, February 12. I can't for the life of me figure it out in the theme builder. Thanks.
    02-12-11 11:21 PM
    i tried to change to 12 hour format.. result.. the number goes align to the left. try 1pm and u should see
    02-12-11 11:47 PM
    i tried to change to 12 hour format.. result.. the number goes align to the left. try 1pm and u should see
    When the clock isn't properly aligned in the centre try rotating screen orientation it should fix the issue. This seems to be a theme builder issue.

02-13-11 12:21 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD