When I had the blackberry curve 8310 I found many FREE themes.. for the torch, not so much :\ I am just disappointed. I'm still using the stock theme. I know if you want the good stuff you have to pay, but I cannot afford it right now :\ (Nursing school takes all my money lol)
    08-02-11 10:33 PM
    1) You looked through all of these themes? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...themes-610299/

2) DL Theme Builder/Composer and build one which suites your interests. It's really not that hard to do basic theme'ing with TB and Composer.
    08-02-11 11:13 PM
    1) You looked through all of these themes? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...themes-610299/

2) DL Theme Builder/Composer and build one which suites your interests. It's really not that hard to do basic theme'ing with TB and Composer.
    i did look through them all (thanks for sharing ) I was thinking about creating my own just have to figure out where to get icons from thanks for all your help
    08-02-11 11:21 PM
    what in particular are u looking for
    08-02-11 11:43 PM
    what in particular are u looking for
    something like one of these

08-02-11 11:54 PM
    Have you looked at Bee's blog? She has a theme of Emarsha's that she reworked that is similar to the first one you posted. I have it on my torch and love it. Some of her themes are free and the others are extremely reasonable in price.

February | 2011 |
    08-03-11 04:53 PM
    It's possible that less people are doing free themes because of the amount of time that's being put into them. There are some pretty amazing themes for the Torch that only cost a few dollars.
    cindylike24 and StaticFX like this.
    08-03-11 05:19 PM
    It's possible that less people are doing free themes because of the amount of time that's being put into them. There are some pretty amazing themes for the Torch that only cost a few dollars.
    That's exactly why I have only done a couple of free themes for the Torch smartphones. It takes about twice as much time to get everything working just right for the Torch phones. You have to get it working right in both the portrait and landscape orientations on that phone. Personally, I'm not going to volunteer that much time for these themes. I feel that my price is relatively cheap on the ones that I do charge for. The Torch themes that I have made that are premium ones are $2.99 per downloaded theme and I feel that is pretty reasonable for the time that's involved in editing and creating these themes.
    08-03-11 05:29 PM
    Well, why don't you try this one I created, just for the new NFL season. It has 6 customizable icons and a hidden side dock with 4 custom icons, yours for the taking at no charge!

http://www.berryfx.com/roncrowder/co...olphins_V2.jad
    08-03-11 07:39 PM
    Well, why don't you try this one I created, just for the new NFL season. It has 6 customizable icons and a hidden side dock with 4 custom icons, yours for the taking at no charge!

http://www.berryfx.com/roncrowder/co...olphins_V2.jad
    Do you have one for the Patriots?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 08:56 PM
    Sorry, Dolphins are my team- that's the only one I made.
    08-03-11 09:06 PM
    Well, I kind of have to agree to a point. I usually find one theme I love and would be willing to pay for it. But the problem is I usually have to live with it for a while (a day or more) before I know if it is the "ONE". I would be willing to pay ten or fifteen dollars for the "ONE" but I am thrifty in as i don't want to keep paying for themes that I will end up trying out but not using. It would be great if the premium themes came with a free trial. Guess that would be too much work though. I would try my hand at making it myself but I don't have internet except on my phone and I am super busy with remodeling a 100 year old farmhouse, two teenagers and a 2 year old.

08-04-11 02:01 AM
    Don't forget, we have theme contests every week on the blogs! Usually all you have to do to enter is leave a comment on the post. The easiest way to find them if you don't read the blogs regularly (in which case shame on you :P) is to go here:
    CrackBerry contests

There are only 2 contests up so far this week, but things get added throughout the week.
    m.seif likes this.
    08-04-11 02:42 AM
    Thats the way the world works: money is the new religion and everything depends on it... some are forced to earn money to stay alive and other are just greedy. Nevertheless generosity becomes rarer, life becomes harder... So the same here...
    But on the other side:
    to own a smartphone (around 600$), purchase a mobil-contract with its monthly average costs/fees (20-100$) isnt necessary for life and PURE luxury and fashion! Therfore the lament about 0.99-5.99$ for a theme seems misrouted to me... :-)
    08-04-11 05:01 AM
    I understand that it takes time to create themes and what not I was just saying it would be nice to have some free ones. When I had the 8310 you found them everywhere. I also agree with previous posts and I have to be absolutely in love with a theme before I will pay for it and its hard to do that when you can't use it and you have to go off from reviews. I will keep on the hunt for the perfect theme for me and if I have to pay for it I will

08-04-11 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD