Yesterday I installed a couple of themes (one from this forum and another from App World) and afterwards I noticed my battery level stayed at 100% ALL day and into the evening. I switched back to the AT&T theme and there was no change until I did another soft reset.

I had been doing soft resets as I ALWAYS DO AFTER I install or activate another theme and I haven't noticed this bug before. I am using .246.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    10-14-10 09:53 AM
    It is a bug in the custom battery level icon in that particular theme. I would suggest contacting the theme builder. I've had that issue with a few themes I've used (different device and different OS, but it is the theme that is the problem, not your device or OS).

I use BatteryEx to get an accurate indication of my battery life (it is even more accurate than the battery icon on the vendor default theme).

I also use BatteryEx since some of the custom themes I use do not even include a battery meter icon on the home page.
    Last edited by lak611; 10-14-10 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo
    10-14-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I also checked Device Info which is available via QuickLaunch and it also reported a 100% charge.

-Rich

It is a bug in the custom battery level icon in that particular theme. I would suggest contacting the theme builder. I've had that issue with a few themes I've used (different device and different OS, but it is the theme that is the problem, not your device or OS).

I use BatteryEx to get an accurate indication of my battery life (it is even more accurate than the battery icon on the vendor default theme).

I also use BatteryEx since some of the custom themes I use do not even include a battery meter icon on the home page.
    10-14-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD