Sorry all... I have been really busy with work lately. Its still progressing. I am shooting for next week sometime. Probably later in the week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 10:30 AM
    Good to know you haven't forgotten about all us little folk patiently waiting for this theme to be released.

02-05-11 04:03 PM
    My tester has been sent this... waiting for some feedback
    02-08-11 08:20 AM
    Here are some images of Boxed, and some preliminary impressions...

The Positives:

Wonderful design!
    Love the detail given to each icon, edge and corner!
    15 app scrolling dock - simply awesome!

Room for improvement:

Wifi symbol pops up beneath 3g as well as in top left corner
    Blackberry "dots" are a little pix-elated
    When on main app screen, apps with 2 lines of text are difficult to read due to background
    Missing portrait/landscape wallpaper compatibility
    Non-theme notification icons are pix-elated due to the size increase of the notification area
    When tapping on clock, blue focus area seems out of place, maybe change to transparent? Same thing happens with the manage connections hotspot for the service indicator numbers on the right hand side
    When in landscape, green focus area is not centered under icons
    Wifi icon and banner areas could stand to be reduced in size
    Possibly add SVG hidden hotspot for messages in banner
    The "arrows" indicating the Hotspots for scrolling dock are a little close to dock. Even though the hotspot is in the area above the arrow I find myself accidentally selecting a dock icon instead of the arrow
    Not the biggest fan of the font used... especially when it differs from font in first user defined icon slot
    Any way to make the gray areas ie the banner area and user defined slot semi transparent?
    In landscape, the user defined icon slot ie weather is outside the gray box area, by the slightest amount, as compared to portrait

Thanks for the opportunity to help with this superb theme!

I will post more as I use the theme today
    Last edited by mmm-mike; 02-08-11 at 10:58 AM.
    02-08-11 10:29 AM
    02-08-11 11:03 AM
    More feedback:
    In portrait mode the alarm indicator is really close to the clock whereas in landscape its always further away....
    02-08-11 11:36 AM

Issues with incoming call screen.

Attachment 81186
    02-08-11 12:05 PM
    thanks for the feedback.. I will get working on the fix's

Im not sure about changing the font.... but if more people suggest, then I will
    02-08-11 12:35 PM
    Here are some images of Boxed, and some preliminary impressions...

The Positives:

Wonderful design!
    Love the detail given to each icon, edge and corner!
    15 app scrolling dock - simply awesome!

Room for improvement:

Wifi symbol pops up beneath 3g as well as in top left corner Fixed
    When on main app screen, apps with 2 lines of text are difficult to read due to background darkened background
    Missing portrait/landscape wallpaper compatibility ???
    Non-theme notification icons are pix-elated due to the size increase of the notification area Fixed I think
    When tapping on clock, blue focus area seems out of place, maybe change to transparent? Same thing happens with the manage connections hotspot for the service indicator numbers on the right hand side Fixed
    When in landscape, green focus area is not centered under icons Fixed
    The "arrows" indicating the Hotspots for scrolling dock are a little close to dock. Even though the hotspot is in the area above the arrow I find myself accidentally selecting a dock icon instead of the arrow
    Not the biggest fan of the font used... especially when it differs from font in first user defined icon slot
    Any way to make the gray areas ie the banner area and user defined slot semi transparent?
    In landscape, the user defined icon slot ie weather is outside the gray box area, by the slightest amount, as compared to portrait

Thanks for the opportunity to help with this superb theme!

I will post more as I use the theme today
    more to come...
    02-08-11 01:29 PM
    Very very nice screenshots. Getting excited knowing this is getting closer to release

02-08-11 01:34 PM
    ok mike... download from that same link....
    02-08-11 02:23 PM
    To elaborate on "Missing portrait/landscape wallpaper compatibility"

In TB6 Beta 2 there's an option to enable landscape home screen which allows user defined wallpaper on both portrait and landscape

ie

Attachment 81187

Attachment 81188
    02-08-11 02:44 PM
    ahh.. but I dumped Beta2 because of that pesky issues like the calendar icon not changing
    02-08-11 02:55 PM
    *dilemma*

/me snikkers...

Looks good BTW
    02-08-11 02:57 PM
    Here are some images of Beta Version 2:

Attachment 81189

Attachment 81191

Attachment 81192

Attachment 81193

Attachment 81194

Is it possible to add a profiles icon to homescreen?
    02-08-11 03:05 PM
    I must say I do really like the change in font on this Beta!
    02-08-11 03:25 PM
    Progress Update

Fixed issues:

Non-theme notification icons are pix-elated due to the size increase of the notification area

When tapping on clock, blue focus area seems out of place, maybe change to transparent? Same thing happens with the manage connections hotspot for the service indicator numbers on the right hand side

In portrait mode the alarm indicator is really close to the clock whereas in landscape its always further away

Missing portrait/landscape wallpaper compatibility (enable landscape homescreen) - TB6 Beta 1 Restriction

Outstanding issues:

When on main app screen, apps with 2 lines of text are difficult to read due to background darkened background

Issues with incoming call screen font (original font still)
    Last edited by mmm-mike; 02-08-11 at 04:20 PM.
    02-08-11 04:18 PM
    Progress Update

Fixed issues:

In portrait mode the alarm indicator is really close to the clock whereas in landscape its always further away

Not the biggest fan of the font used... especially when it differs from font in first user defined icon slot its a pain to try to use a custom font in that spot.... the font is plain arial in slot one. That would seem very plain for the rest of the theme.

Missing portrait/landscape wallpaper compatibility (enable landscape homescreen) - TB6 Beta 1 Restriction

Outstanding issues:

Blackberry "dots" are a little pix-elated Not sure there is a way for me to change this???

When on main app screen, apps with 2 lines of text are difficult to read due to background darkened background suggestions? if i move the dock up,, it will no longer look like the apps are "on" the dock... I will play some more.

Wifi icon and banner areas could stand to be reduced in size i did reduce the main banner.... too small and it takes away from the look

Possibly add SVG hidden hotspot for messages in banner sure thing

The "arrows" indicating the Hotspots for scrolling dock are a little close to dock. Even though the hotspot is in the area above the arrow I find myself accidentally selecting a dock icon instead of the arrowit was moved up. I dont want to go too high or you dont have enough room for BeWeather wallpaper weather....- changed dock color for app screen.

Any way to make the gray areas ie the banner area and user defined slot semi transparent? Yes.. but not the look i was intending.

Issues with incoming call screen font (original font still)

its hard to change this much from the original design - as when I release I till have to note specifically for torch or change the storm version to match.
    02-09-11 08:21 AM
    its hard to change this much from the original design - as when I release I till have to note specifically for torch or change the storm version to match.
    No worries! I just wanted to be as thorough as possible to make Boxed the best it can be! You have to stick to what makes the theme yours or else its not Boxed. Thanks for all the time and work committed thus far!
    02-09-11 09:10 AM
    thanks for all the feedback! - re-download - updated again
    02-09-11 09:28 AM
    Looks and feels much smoother!

02-09-11 11:18 AM
    will the font be user friendly, since most of us have the font app?
    02-09-11 01:22 PM
    Font app? I dont have a torch (thats why mike is testing)
    02-09-11 01:24 PM
    will it be user friendly font?
    translated meaning can I use my own font and size?
    Last edited by swdoro; 02-09-11 at 06:23 PM.
    02-09-11 04:12 PM

Last edited by mmm-mike; 02-09-11 at 05:05 PM.
    02-09-11 05:03 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD