Hacking BBTL seems very childish to me. Some Hack-Newbies try to improve there libido-performance by blowing up there own self-confidence... It looks like children with there first matchbox... They would earn my respect when they would hack something difficult and/or important which includes a advice for there mental competence (what about some consortiums of banks or military institution or the partymachinery of the republicans....) But to hack BBTL is the result of the missing control by the responsible probation officer... They should better take care of there acne and the beginning hirsuting... But they rules like the 3 inch taller nuts who stay down in there 2. Class for the third time and are able to trash the class primus.... Paltry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 03:56 AM
    BTW- I'm not sure if android-users are the perpetrators... The act shows a lot of frustration and uselessness... Clear circumstantial evidence for two possibilities: either a gynaecologist who is tired of (sex)life compensate his urge or an iPhone-user... I WILL become very frustrated when I would be forced to own something which looks like a piece of soap with a pitted-pome-branding....

01-21-11 04:50 AM
    Hack-Newbie or not they proved their **** needs to be secured.
    01-21-11 06:55 AM
    It appears the site is still giving errors. This what I got from my phone just now

01-21-11 07:07 AM
    Hacking BBTL seems very childish to me. Some Hack-Newbies try to improve there libido-performance by blowing up there own self-confidence... It looks like children with there first matchbox... They would earn my respect when they would hack something difficult and/or important which includes a advice for there mental competence (what about some consortiums of banks or military institution or the partymachinery of the republicans....) But to hack BBTL is the result of the missing control by the responsible probation officer... They should better take care of there acne and the beginning hirsuting... But they rules like the 3 inch taller nuts who stay down in there 2. Class for the third time and are able to trash the class primus.... Paltry!
    I agree whole-heartedly...in the sense that hacking maybe an art in itself, but how bout displaying ur talent with a better purpose! maybe try hack the people who oppose world peace, make bad things HAPPEN! delay or stop them! not to sound like a pageant queen but if ure mature enough you know what i mean! (or youre one of those scumbags from pre-school)

they create tech of their own..break that and ull be famous!

The page you replaced the bbtl home with seemed like an invitation to the circus!

SECURE YOUR Sh*T?!?!? man u must be hungry!

plain pathetic!

this episode wasnt even close to funny...nor entertaining.
    Last edited by akbarmecha; 01-21-11 at 07:28 AM.
    01-21-11 07:26 AM
    Omg its the Revenge of the Fanbois

01-21-11 07:30 AM
    The server is down which is why you have received that message - it has nothing to do with it being hacked.

Blackberry Theme Lab was designed to help the ones who had no knowledge or skill to make their own themes I have taken amazing pride in the work Mark, Geoff, and myself do - as well as the community of BBTL. Being hacked was just another way for us to realize the information we have must be secure.

The funny thing is, there IS NOTHING in the backend that they can't get while going into the front end. The OTA, ShortURL, and Chatroom websites are not linked into wordpress. They are their own entity if you will. IF they hack wordpress, they hack the files, posts, etc - which I have it auto backing up now.
    Last edited by bbthemelab; 01-21-11 at 07:35 AM.
    01-21-11 07:31 AM
    Omg its the Revenge of the Fanbois

Fanboi: Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with their particular thing.

JUST INCASE!
    01-21-11 07:41 AM
    I personally dont see the point of hacking bbtl... its a simple forum/wp site for themes. I dont think I would feel very accomplished if I hack it. There is no credit card processing - no secret info like SSN#... they might get our email addresses "oh no!" lol

in my opinion... LAME. lol
    01-21-11 07:41 AM
    I personally dont see the point of hacking bbtl... its a simple forum/wp site for themes. I dont think I would feel very accomplished if I hack it. There is no credit card processing - no secret info like SSN#... they might get our email addresses "oh no!" lol

in my opinion... LAME. lol
    Lame indeed. It was probably some teenager who had a snow day and nothing better to do with their time.

Sh*t happens... lets hope they catch the little punk.
    01-21-11 08:10 AM
    This may not have been a personal attack. If someone figures out a security flaw in the site/program you are using, they will then google to find everyone using that site/program and hack it just to hack it.
    01-21-11 08:33 AM
    This may not have been a personal attack. If someone figures out a security flaw in the site/program you are using, they will then google to find everyone using that site/program and hack it just to hack it.
    bingo. I think you hit that nail on the head.
    01-21-11 09:03 AM
    This would explain why I couldn't upload my OTA last night! I thought there was something wrong with bbtl or my ISP, but I guess it was something wrong with the bartender who got some teenager and his buddies drunk and then they dared one of them to hack into something... Either that or some kid trying to impress his gf or something like that. Using DM files for now, but I liked bbthemelab.
    01-21-11 10:12 AM
    This would explain why I couldn't upload my OTA last night! I thought there was something wrong with bbtl or my ISP, but I guess it was something wrong with the bartender who got some teenager and his buddies drunk and then they dared one of them to hack into something... Either that or some kid trying to impress his gf or something like that. Using DM files for now, but I liked bbthemelab.
    So far you guess that the kid wants to impress his gf, your interpretation seems very well-disposed to me.... I think, the only thing he could impress (and presses him) is his right hand... :-)
    01-21-11 10:49 AM
    NOT that you will, BUT if anyone gets any hassle from another mod regarding their OTAs, and they are hosted at the lab, just PM, or email me, and I will let the team know what is up, PLUS I will give them a heads up anyways.

Sounds like it's just about resolved anyways.
    01-21-11 11:52 AM
    I was wondering what was going on with the website!

I'm glad that nothing was really screwed with and no personal and/or confidential information was stolen!

Reading thru this thread it seems like you guys are working hard to getting back up and running! Currently @ 6pm (EST) the site is still "Internal Server Error" but you said it might be a couple days. Take all the time you need and lock that baby up tight because like some people have mentioned, BBTL is a very important and useful place to be! I'm sure a lot of themers rely on the information posted in the forums (or wherever).

A few of you have mentioned your suspicions regarding who exactly did this and/or your opinions...mine you ask? Well personally, judging by the way the hacker wrote out "t t y 0...wned YOU!" - my guess would have to be jailbreakers! Damn iPhone Dev's lol. Mainly I say that because a lot of the "jailbreaking" apps are written out in similar ways (for example: redsn0w ). But really I have no idea, I'm simply just making an uneducated guess.

Still tho, the whole situation is kinda mind blowing because with ALL the websites on the internet, why BBTL? Maybe in the future we'll find out, maybe we won't. Either way, I'm just happy that every ones information (including: posts, tutorials, OTA's, etc..) is untouched and hopefully things will be back up and running like nothing ever happened (except with possibly some tighter website security in place!)

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jleeblanch; 01-21-11 at 05:35 PM.
    01-21-11 05:33 PM
    The .htaccess files have been edited to prevent anyone getting into the admin section of the site. Like I said, nothing in the backend was changed - the posts, pages, content - NOTHING.

It looks like the ONLY thing they changed was the index.htm file in the root directory.

NOT that you will, BUT if anyone gets any hassle from another mod regarding their OTAs, and they are hosted at the lab, just PM, or email me, and I will let the team know what is up, PLUS I will give them a heads up anyways.

Sounds like it's just about resolved anyways.
    pkcable thanks for the support man. Appreciate it.. We are still working on getting everything back in order.

Just an FYI, ALL of my websites are down. I own four, operate two. They have all been taken down with the server config. Looks like the server decided to change the nameservers without actually changing it.
    01-21-11 06:06 PM
    Suppose this is as good a place as any to say THANK YOU .

I have used this service for many months without so much as a Thank You.

I have learned a lot from your members (a special thanx to MattG & StaticFX)

I try not to ask a lot of questions & you probably have not even seen my nick before, but I promise I read most of the posts at your site before attempting any SVG coding.
    I like to think I have learned a lot , but look forward to reading more of what you guys share in the future.

I appreciate what you guys have done for the community & I will do my best top "pay it forward"

Thanks again.
    Last edited by molson0; 01-21-11 at 06:30 PM.
    01-21-11 06:28 PM
    double post............
    Last edited by bbthemelab; 01-21-11 at 06:40 PM.
    01-21-11 06:37 PM
    hahaha...

Server is TELLING us that we used 8GB of the server... HOWEVER, the server is telling the INTERNET we have NOTHING uploaded.... lol

This will take a few days to get worked out guys....sorry yall.
    01-21-11 06:38 PM
    Glad to see no permanent damage was done. If there is anything I can help with let me know please.
    01-21-11 08:07 PM
    Any idea when you may have things back in any kind of order? (Don't take that as I'm in a hurry or rushing.) You have a lot of good stuff on that site Matt and I'm learning a lot from you tutorials
    01-22-11 02:15 PM
    Any idea when you may have things back in any kind of order? (Don't take that as I'm in a hurry or rushing.) You have a lot of good stuff on that site Matt and I'm learning a lot from you tutorials
    No idea.

I will also like to say that I am not going to be talking anything about an investigation, or what my ISP is doing anymore. If these guys are following this thread they will know.

Let's just say .....
    01-23-11 04:28 AM
    Everything seems to be back in working order now, thank you all involved! Long live BBTL!
    01-24-11 03:35 AM
    Everyone change your passwords as a precaution; I know I am.
    01-24-11 02:15 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD