The first tab gives a clean desktop with no apps displayed. Tabs 1-3 display apps 1-15 in groups of 5 respectively.

BBtab - has no weather slot
    BBtabW - has a weather slot on the top of the screen. Note, this is the same as app1, so you will have 1 duplicate app when you have your first tab of apps open.

I used 6.1 icons for this theme. However, if custom icons are important to you, I highly recommend SHORTCUT MANAGER. This app allows you to create custom icons for ANY app of yours, plus allows you to create shortcuts to MANY different features/functions of your phone.

Download: BBtab - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Try the link above first. It works mobile. However, if you are wanting to DL from your PC you may need to use this link: BBtab - Themes BlackBerry Software

BBtab & BBtabW have been updated. The bottom tabs are now smaller. There is also a new color picker which is located just above your app box to activate. To deactivate, click the 1st BBtab which will clear your entire screen. You can now deactivate the tab which is behind your weather app on BBtabW. Click the empty spot to the right of your weather app to deactivate it. Also note, on both versions, if you click your notification area, it will display a slight background behind the notifications.

This theme and All of My Themes are free for all CB users who use the code: "cbfree"

Last edited by KahneFan; 04-30-11 at 01:49 PM.
    Elite1 and luvbuglady like this.
    04-07-11 04:25 PM
    In BBtabW, is the weather icon slot able to be hidden? Then you could have the best of both worlds!

Also curious as it's hard to tell from the screenshots, is there any transparency level with the top & bottom docks and weather slot?
    04-07-11 04:36 PM
    In BBtabW, is the weather icon slot able to be hidden? Then you could have the best of both worlds!

Also curious as it's hard to tell from the screenshots, is there any transparency level with the top & bottom docks and weather slot?
    There is no transparency. Not sure if I know of a way to turn the weather icon on and off with text, but I will look into that. I have not tested it, but I "think" I could make a weather icon hideable, but it would not have the text below it, only whatever text is on the actual icon.
    04-07-11 04:45 PM
    Well I snagged the BBtabW version in hopes that it is possible to hide the weather slot or that this functionality might be included in a future revision.

Thank you for the gracious coupon codes!
    One question and one suggestion...

Question: Is there Hidden Today with this?

Suggestion: for the values of notifications, is it possible you add a very thin black outline around the numbers. I'm extremely happy to have a full-width notification area, and this suggestion would ensure everything is visible no matter how light-coloured your wallpaper is.
    04-07-11 04:46 PM
    Nicely done my friend
    KahneFan likes this.
    04-07-11 04:51 PM
    Well I snagged the BBtabW version in hopes that it is possible to hide the weather slot or that this functionality might be included in a future revision.

Thank you for the gracious coupon codes!
    No problem. Screenshots are always appreciated

One question and one suggestion...

Question: Is there Hidden Today with this?
    There is not currently a hidden today. I'm finding out that adding hidden todays freezes some people phones. I don't mind making a HT version though. However, I may do it after figuring out if the hidden weather slot is an option (to lower my number of versions).

Suggestion: for the values of notifications, is it possible you add a very thin black outline around the numbers. I'm extremely happy to have a full-width notification area, and this suggestion would ensure everything is visible no matter how light-coloured your wallpaper is.
    I don't know how to add a BG to just the text, I will look into that. However, I could add a semi transparent banner behind the entire notification area?
    04-07-11 04:56 PM
    Tried to DL but after choosing BBtab, it takes me to a page saying your cart is empty.
    04-07-11 05:17 PM
    You may need to use the second link. This appears to be a glitch somewhere between MobiHand and CB. I have submitted a support ticket to MobiHand and they are supposedly working on it. However, until then, the second link should work OK. Let me know if now.
    04-07-11 05:19 PM
    It worked for me at least, and I've already received my MH "purchase" confirmation email.
    04-07-11 06:02 PM
    No problem. Screenshots are always appreciated
    Will do for sure, but will be a bit. (I'm mid-way through testing a theme for someone still.)

There is not currently a hidden today. I'm finding out that adding hidden todays freezes some people phones. I don't mind making a HT version though. However, I may do it after figuring out if the hidden weather slot is an option (to lower my number of versions).
    Ok, not worth freezing if that's true!

You understand with hiding the weather slot, I mean making that entire box disappear, so while hidden BBtabW would look just like the other BBtab variant.

I don't know how to add a BG to just the text, I will look into that. However, I could add a semi transparent banner behind the entire notification area?
    I've seen it done a few times, but couldn't tell you how. The theme I'm testing right now coincidentally has a full-width, no-background notification are too. That themer has given the notification values (ie the "5" beside the envelope if you had 5 unread messages) a thin black/shadowed border, almost giving them an appearance like they are in a bold font instead of a regular one.
    04-07-11 06:10 PM
    You understand with hiding the weather slot, I mean making that entire box disappear, so while hidden BBtabW would look just like the other BBtab variant.
    Awwww, you wouldn't want a plain black box at the top of your theme? Yeah, actually, hiding the box is the easy part. Making a button which can hide is the easy part. The hard part (for me yet) is figuring out how to make an icon WITH TEXT (which is what weather icons need) hideable.

I've seen it done a few times, but couldn't tell you how. The theme I'm testing right now coincidentally has a full-width, no-background notification are too. That themer has given the notification values (ie the "5" beside the envelope if you had 5 unread messages) a thin black/shadowed border, almost giving them an appearance like they are in a bold font instead of a regular one.
    Actually, it's pretty easy to put a border around the text, I'm just not sure that I like that all that much. It almost makes it hard to read with the contrasting colors in the same letter.
    04-07-11 07:54 PM

Last edited by nicodimus22; 04-07-11 at 08:50 PM.
    KahneFan likes this.
    04-07-11 08:40 PM
    You only have 12 APPs on your app list?! I didn't even know there were that few of apps out there
    04-07-11 08:43 PM
    I moved a few of them that I rarely use into the media folder and hid the ones I never use completely.

Thanks for this theme btw, it's nifty!
    04-07-11 09:12 PM
    I tried using code but it said they were all used??
    04-08-11 06:50 AM
    I tried using code but it said they were all used??
    That is correct. All codes were used pretty quick with this one.
    04-08-11 08:09 AM
    ok my bad, mine was 14th post and thought u said first 20 posters....looks like a great theme though!
    04-08-11 08:28 AM
    Nice job, but is it possible to hide this tabs and create a hidden today also?
    04-08-11 11:10 AM
    Nice job, but is it possible to hide this tabs and create a hidden today also?
    So you want a BBtab, minus the BBtabs?

It is definitely possible to do. However, it might be hard to then find the tabs, and users may get frustrated over clicking the wrong tabs? I could maybe make smaller tabs. Take a look at the "line tabs" I used on my 6Plus theme and let me know if that might be a better option?

I can add today, but I'm waiting until I try a few tricks with the weather slot first.
    04-08-11 11:46 AM
    Yes, that�s a good option. #smaller #tabs
    04-08-11 10:14 PM
    Changes are coming....

04-09-11 05:23 PM
    BBtab & BBtabW have been updated. The bottom tabs are now smaller. There is also a new color picker which is located just above your app box to activate. To deactivate, click the 1st BBtab which will clear your entire screen. You can now deactivate the tab which is behind your weather app on BBtabW. Click the empty spot to the right of your weather app to deactivate it. Also note, on both versions, if you click your notification area, it will display a slight background behind the notifications.

Next 20 use coupon: BBtab20
    Last edited by KahneFan; 04-09-11 at 09:56 PM.
    04-09-11 06:59 PM
    And a tip, after you have clicked a BB tab, you can scroll up on your trackpad to navigate if so desired.
    04-09-11 08:59 PM
    "This promotion code is not valid."
    04-09-11 09:52 PM
    Sorry, try BBtab20
    04-09-11 09:56 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD