Are there any theme authors out there who would like to give this theme a shot? I would like to have a theme which has 4 - 12 (8 preferred) indiscreet semi transparent buttons for apps, so that they would be easily accessible, but still extremely wallpaper friendly. I have seen some theme authors (gdekock74B) who have made the home screen trackpad friendly AND made it so that when you highlight an icon the name of the icon pops up for a few seconds; that would be GREAT to see here. But, if not, no biggie. I have suggested that app 9 (or 5 or 13) be on the top doc so people could use their weather icon there. The reason I suggest 9/5/13, is so that the home screen apps will be in the same order as the user app list (making it easier to remember).

01-21-11 05:08 PM
    Nice idea...
    01-21-11 06:38 PM
    If you post an image of the semi-transparent icons without the background obstructing them then I could make this theme for you. The reason I want you to give me the picture is that I'm not very good at making graphics...

One more thing, could you just elaborate on what the "Little icons" you have written on the top bar is for?
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 01-23-11 at 10:23 AM.
    01-23-11 10:17 AM
    The "little icons" is where the new mail, new message, battery strength, signal meter... all that stuff would go. If there's not enough room between the clock and the 5/9/13 app, then a bar above those two would be fine as well.

Here are several versions. Let me know if these work, if you would need them changed in anyway...
    Last edited by KahneFan; 01-23-11 at 12:09 PM.
    01-23-11 12:06 PM
    Here are two of the buttons with the glass effect on top.

Thanks for giving this theme a shot!
    Last edited by KahneFan; 01-23-11 at 04:28 PM.
    01-23-11 04:25 PM
    Jean-luc_Picard, just wondering if you have you had a chance to try this theme?

Here are two more button options...
    01-31-11 03:09 AM
    Sorry I took so long, I couldn't find the thread and my computer did something wacky with the files... I couldn't properly add trackpad support, so if anybody else thinks they can then feel free, but I will get the files back and post here ASAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 10:43 AM
    Blackberry appears to have fixed their TB6 vs Vista issue and I have now been able to get TB6beta2 working on my Vista machine. I'm playing with building a similar theme now, but I can not figure a few things out;

1) How do I make my home screen icons different than the default icons? For example, if I want the home screen to show one of the buttons variations above for mail, but I still want the main app screen to show a true "mail" icon?

1b) How do you make clear hot spots? I guess if I knew how to complete #1, I would/could just use a clear gif/png image?

2) I have created a test theme, but I have no idea how to make it into an OTA type of file. I use the "Publish for Web (OTA)", but it renders multiple files, not just 1 .jad file.
    01-31-11 10:55 AM
    1) go in to Composer (it should have come with the download of Theme Builder). Select file -> import then select the image you want the button to be. I forget where it is but somewhere there's a "convert to button" button, press that (with the image highlighted). Now go to Interactivity -> the first option (I forget all of these names!) and click on "open an application" (last button on the dock above the list) and select the option that now appears and edit it so that the application opens when [whatever the name of the button is] is activated. Now select file -> export -> svg. You are now exporting your file as a .svg file. Now go to theme builder. Select to theme the homescreen. Near the top-right corner you should see a button that lookd like a magic wand, click on it. Select svg, and find the .svg file you saved in composer. Now click "OK" or "finish" or whatever it is. Now you have the button to answer 1) and 1b)!

2) you need all of the files. Find a theme hosting site (I use bbthemelab) and host ALL of the files there. The .jad is the one you link to, but all of them are necessary to download the theme.

Hope this helps, if the 1st one is too hard to understand then let me know and I'll add pictures and such when I get back to a computer.

01-31-11 11:08 AM
    If you could add pics, or try a little more walk through with me, that would be great! I appreciate all the help so far.

OK, Composer appeared to go with no problem. However, when I went back to TB and followed your steps with the wand, it simply place 1 SVG smack dab in the middle of my background and I can't move or edit it in any way. And, I can not build more, just the 1 (using the steps above). It seems like it's wanting to add this SVG to the background instead of making a button.
    01-31-11 11:34 AM
    I think you're misunderstanding what you use Composer for, you use Composer to design the homescreen, so you'd arrange all of the icons as you'd like in composer, and have that as the homescreen, instead of using it to design the icons and importing them into Theme Builder. Not sure if I explained that well, but it's a start.

01-31-11 12:18 PM
    I think you're misunderstanding what you use Composer for, you use Composer to design the homescreen, so you'd arrange all of the icons as you'd like in composer, and have that as the homescreen, instead of using it to design the icons and importing them into Theme Builder. Not sure if I explained that well, but it's a start.

Got it! Time to play now
    01-31-11 12:39 PM
    Well, I made a wall with all the buttons and I assigned them all to "use device application order" (I want to allow them to be user definable); but when I apply the SVG, the "buttons" aren't clickable.

If you have the ability to create even 1 button as a sample video, it may help. I feel like I'm really close and you've taught me a lot already, thanks!!
    01-31-11 03:52 PM
    They aren't clickable in Theme Builder, but they show up when you try to change the navigation order or when you upload them to your phone.

01-31-11 04:02 PM
    They aren't clickable in Theme Builder, but they show up when you try to change the navigation order or when you upload them to your phone.

I loaded it to my phone and they weren't clickable.

Let me ask; Once I've clicked the wand and then added the SVG, do I need to do something in ThemeBuilder for it to "see" those buttons? I tried loading it to my phone and they did nothing.
    01-31-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD