I am experimenting a function (Tilt-Launch) for the next version of SuperTile.
    The idea is to have the theme automatically start an app when the user rotate the phone to the Landscape home screen.

Initial testing proved that this can be done, but the question is ....
    Should it be a pre-defined apps, or a user customizable apps?
    Should it be based on certain conditions? (choices are limited there, but I can actually start a particular apps when there is "new" messages .. for example)
    Will the false triggering too annoying? (imagine you holding the phone in your hand, and found that the app was triggered bcoz you have moved your hand in a way that the BB thought you want to go to Landscape mode) .. this will happen even when the screen is locked (a bug .. in my opinion).

I have a test version which will launch whatever app in slot#20 on the application list. If the application list only have 19 or less apps, nothing will be launch.

How would you like this function to behave on your phone? or I should say ... How would you like this function to behave on the next version of SuperTilt?

Thanks.
    Last edited by slgta; 02-04-11 at 01:53 PM.
    02-04-11 01:01 PM
    The way that I would like this to work (but I highly doubt you can do this) would be that if I have a new email, it opens my message folder, and if I have a new social feed, it opens social feeds, and so on, and if I don't have any new notifications then it shows a calendar today area. Not expecting any theme like that, but would love that functionality.
    02-04-11 05:10 PM
    With what RIM provides us with Theme Builder (without going into Java programming), we could probably do some of what you described, but probably not exactly what u r looking for.

I will play with it a bit more when I have some time.

For now, I think I will publish the test version which will Tilt-Launch app#20 to get more feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 09:01 PM
    How do you go about theming tilt to lauch? Is it in the SVG? If so, what code do you use for this. Am very interested
    02-04-11 09:10 PM
    How do you go about theming tilt to lauch? Is it in the SVG? If so, what code do you use for this. Am very interested
    Yes, it is in the SVG.
    What SVG and RIM gave us in that area is very limited from what I can find.

There are a few custom events we can use to trigger the x-exec.
    I am experiencing with the oc_to_landscape and oc_to_portrait events.

Having said that, I am very new to SVG and theme building in general, so there might be a lot more that I am not aware of.
    Last edited by slgta; 02-05-11 at 02:03 AM.
    02-05-11 01:41 AM
    Yes, it is in the SVG.
    What SVG and RIM gave us in that area is very limited from what I can find.

There are a few custom events we can use to trigger the x-exec.
    I am experiencing with the oc_to_landscape and oc_to_portrait events.

Having said that, I am very new to SVG and theme building in general, so there might be a lot more that I am not aware of.
    Were you able to get it to work? If so, what does the code string look like?
    02-05-11 08:57 AM
    Were you able to get it to work? If so, what does the code string look like?
    Yes, it is working.... but choice are very limited base on what RIM provide us.
    Check out the POC thread .... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post6025539

Re the code string, it is like ...
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://slot23" begin="custom(oc_to_landscape)"/>

We can also setup an auto launch of the message app when there are new messages. But I am trying to find a way to combine those conditions ...
    e.g. Launch message apps when the user tilt the phone, but only when there are new messages.

Appreciate if anyone can share if they figure out how to do that.
    cgmorgan1 likes this.
    02-05-11 10:50 AM
    ...Appreciate if anyone can share if they figure out how to do that.
    Tell the end users to only tilt their phone when they receive a new message

Great tips, I will have to keep an eye on this. Thanks!
    02-05-11 10:59 AM
    Tell the end users to only tilt their phone when they receive a new message
    Yes, that will work ... I suppose.
    02-05-11 11:24 AM
    for the tilt launch i would like it to lock
    02-06-11 06:44 AM
    I like that idea. I assume u mean password locked?!
    In that case, we probably need a way to easily unlock the phone as well.

02-06-11 11:27 AM
    I like that idea. I assume u mean password locked?!
    In that case, we probably need a way to easily unlock the phone as well.

With the great idea from coronaflyest, I have posted a TiltLaunch Lite theme which can be use in conjunction with any phone locking apps like the PatternLock Lite.

Check it out.
    02-06-11 03:41 PM
    thats great. the first thing that came to my mind was the password lock because we dont have that extra side buttons like on the 9700.
    02-08-11 09:38 PM
    thats great. the first thing that came to my mind was the password lock because we dont have that extra side buttons like on the 9700.
    That's exactly what I have been using this theme for.
    You might want to try TiltLaunch / TiltLaunch Lite.
    I am using the TiltLaunch (full version) with PatternLock Lite.
    02-08-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD