I`m currently switching between my 9700 and iPhone 3GS. I love the concept the Torch brings, kind of a cross of the 2 I currently use. But, I have been hearing some bad things about the Torch and don`t know if I should go for it. I love the girly themes and indicator lights (costomization) my BB has to offer and the memory, big screen and touch the iPhone offers. Please, if anyone has had any personal experience with the Torch, let me know your comments. And, does anyone know if there are themes for it yet??? Does Blackberry Theme Builder have an update for theming for the Torch yet??
    09-26-10 10:22 AM
    I do not think themes are available yet for the Torch. I'm not sure if the new builder is out yet that supports OS6.
    09-26-10 10:36 AM
    Will they develop new themes for the torch?
    I'm sure they will once they can. I don't see why developers/theme makers wouldn't.
    09-26-10 10:44 AM
    Yeah, someone said (I think Kevin or Bla1ze), that the new Theme Builder will probably only let you change the colors, icons, and fonts of OS 6. Very limited customization. And that honestly makes ALOT of sense. I don't really see a need for a theme with OS 6. Although, it would be sad if everyone was running around with the same stock theme (i.e., iPhone). Maybe that explains why we haven't seen any carrier themes?

Also, these "Super Apps" RIM keeps touting could possibly add different UI's to the new home screen/applications list of OS 6, kind of like the different Android UI's (MOTOBLUR, HTC Sense etc.).
    09-26-10 10:52 AM
    Yeah, someone said (I think Kevin or Bla1ze), that the new Theme Builder will probably only let you change the colors, icons, and fonts of OS 6. Very limited customization. And that honestly makes ALOT of sense. I don't really see a need for a theme with OS 6. Although, it would be sad if everyone was running around with the same stock theme (i.e., iPhone). Maybe that explains why we haven't seen any carrier themes?

Also, these "Super Apps" RIM keeps touting could possibly add different UI's to the new home screen/applications list of OS 6, kind of like the different Android UI's (MOTOBLUR, HTC Sense etc.).
    09-26-10 10:53 AM
    Nah, Super Apps have nothing to do with that. Super Apps are marketing thing from RIM, it doesnt allow for any different than developers already have.
    09-26-10 11:31 AM
    Nah, Super Apps have nothing to do with that. Super Apps are marketing thing from RIM, it doesnt allow for any different than developers already have.
    Yeah, I read the "Super Apps" website after I posted. What a joke.
    09-26-10 11:55 AM
    I love the torch. I literally can't put it down. It has everything that's good about BB and iPhone. And yes I have an iPhone too. The OS 6 browser is amazing. Ita on par with the iPhones browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 12:44 PM
    I love the torch. I literally can't put it down. It has everything that's good about BB and iPhone. And yes I have an iPhone too. The OS 6 browser is amazing. Ita on par with the iPhones browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks!! That`s what I was hoping for. I`m so torn between getting the Torch or the iPhone 4. I love them both.
    09-26-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD