09-22-11 01:15 PM
47 12
tools
    One thing I have noticed is that trackpad navigation around the homescreen is difficult. The homescreen is definitely touch directed. For example if I use the trackpad to try to move from slt-3 up to slt-1, it highlights 3 then hilights the loudness settings then it won't highlight slt-2. Not sure if this is intentional in your design.

Other than that, this would be a Trekkies delight. Nice animations and sounds.
    Last edited by newcollector; 09-20-11 at 01:59 PM.
    09-20-11 01:51 PM
    Looking good. Colors and button functions are back to normal.

Never used a trackpad on either version of this theme. Never thought to try. The touch screen works for me. And with the problems newcollector reports the trackpad is not in my future for this theme.
    09-20-11 02:11 PM
    the trackpad has not been set yet.. its a mess lol
    i will do my best but it is hard because of the complexity !
    09-20-11 02:16 PM
    nice looking theme StaticFx

You are a very creative dude.
    sadosdesigns and StaticFX like this.
    09-20-11 02:25 PM
    I am presently seeing a little more battery usage, but that may not be theme related but my usage of my device. I will monitor this for 24hrs and report tomorrow.

The complexity of this theme from a design standpoint speaks very highly of your skills. I am really impressed. It would be neat to have a few more apps available from the homescreen. For example the spot above SLT-3 would be perfect for another touch spot.
    09-20-11 02:42 PM
    I am presently seeing a little more battery usage, but that may not be theme related but my usage of my device. I will monitor this for 24hrs and report tomorrow.

The complexity of this theme from a design standpoint speaks very highly of your skills. I am really impressed. It would be neat to have a few more apps available from the homescreen. For example the spot above SLT-3 would be perfect for another touch spot.
    the batt usage is DEFINITELY from the theme... the constant animation of the scanner bars below and the planet data above does this.

I will see if I can squeeze one more app in there
    09-20-11 03:21 PM
    Static, this is certainly sounding like another outstanding theme from you....good luck with release and keep us all posted, I'll be buying this one ASAP.
    StaticFX likes this.
    09-21-11 09:20 AM
    It is now 11am Eastern Time and there is battery usage, but not insanely so. I am at 90% and that is with long distance calls, using bluetooth, etc. I have not seen any real issues. I have noticed that after selecting BerryWeather at "planetary data", the scrolling between the locations is not laggy, but just less smooth. No big deal, and frankly for the uniqueness and complexity of this theme, it is a very small trade-off.

I love the sliding signal meter and the email notification from starfleet command. It is a fun theme. If the slot above the SLT-3 could open another window like the App and the COMM slots in the section above, that would allow me to get all the apps that I use the most available from the homescreen. However, having played with the Theme designer myself, I realize there are limitations what you can squeeze into the screen.

the only other issue is that sometimes the highlight bar in certain menus overpowers the item you are highlighting. Can it be made a little more transparent?

As a designer, StaticFX, you are very talented and creative. Live long and prosper!
    Last edited by newcollector; 09-21-11 at 11:23 AM.
    09-21-11 10:17 AM
    It is now 12:30pm and my battery meter shows 80%.
    09-21-11 11:30 AM
    could you post a screenshot of the menu issue?
    Thanks!
    09-21-11 11:51 AM
    For example go to your text messages list. As you scroll up or down to select a message, the bar that goes across the screen is lighter in color than the part of the scroll bar that is on the right of the screen. The lighter colors makes it hard to read the orange text. If it were darker like the part of the bar on the right, it would be easier to read. However I do not know how this would affect other menus.

Screen shot shortly.

The picture shows the writing clearer than the phone does. Note the highlighted area. Display is clear...but the info highlighter below in the lighter bar is less clear "screen, Date" but "Time" is clear because the background is darker making the contrast easier to read with the orange font color.

On my phone screen the lighter part of the bar is not tan, but a light gray.
    Last edited by newcollector; 09-21-11 at 01:34 PM.
    09-21-11 01:16 PM
    ahh.. i see. the highlight font is not letting me set it because I am using an image... changing the whole bar to blue like the end piece.

Thanks!
    09-21-11 01:31 PM
    Here is another place where there is a highlight issue. In this case it makes it impossible to see the text. I have actually highlighted who I am sending this text message to, but you can't see who it is (the first "To:").

09-21-11 02:17 PM
    Workdays are not heavy use days. Battery has run about 2.5% average per hour for the 15 or so hours the phone is off the charger. I still can run nearly 2 full days without a charge. Maybe a little less than before but not a big hit for the beautiful animations.
    09-22-11 06:55 AM
    update coming soon...

- Finished the icons
    - Added landscape homescreen with today items and 5 apps
    - Hopefully fixed the messages color issues.
    09-22-11 08:38 AM
    Ok.. updated..

download again! - hopefully last time
    09-22-11 08:47 AM
    Workdays are not heavy use days. Battery has run about 2.5% average per hour for the 15 or so hours the phone is off the charger. I still can run nearly 2 full days without a charge. Maybe a little less than before but not a big hit for the beautiful animations.
    I totally agree with sedalia066.
    09-22-11 08:51 AM
    Nice tweaking, StaticFX!! The landscape mode is really nice. Prior to this, I didn't have the 5 slots and the theme didn't carry over into this mode. Now it shows a Today screen. Love the touch functionality of the appts. Love the pic of the Enterprise and the schematic of the Photon Torpedo. I do believe you have boldly gone where no man has gone before!!

No problem reading highlighted areas. Smooth transitions throughout. All very minor issues are fixed! I think you are ready to put this on the market.
    Last edited by newcollector; 09-22-11 at 09:30 AM.
    durbin007 likes this.
    09-22-11 09:10 AM
    This is really impressive. The only hitch to my eye is the number of new messages in the comm button on the main screen. For a time that was black. The gray color is tough for my old eyes. I rely on the indicator instead which works well but then the smudge of gray just looks funny.

Otherwise with the highlight change in some menus and new landscape functionality this is wonderful. Now my current favorite theme.

May be time to let this one out for the public. This is too good not to be shared and enjoyed by lots of folks.
    durbin007 likes this.
    09-22-11 11:33 AM
    sedalia... can you post a screenshot?
    its supposed to be black.....

EDIT:
    Nevermind i think i found it...

please download ONCE more and check the messages # on the comm button.
    Should be black.

THANKS!
    Last edited by StaticFX; 09-22-11 at 12:39 PM.
    09-22-11 12:29 PM
    This is really impressive. The only hitch to my eye is the number of new messages in the comm button on the main screen. For a time that was black. The gray color is tough for my old eyes. I rely on the indicator instead which works well but then the smudge of gray just looks funny.

Otherwise with the highlight change in some menus and new landscape functionality this is wonderful. Now my current favorite theme.

May be time to let this one out for the public. This is too good not to be shared and enjoyed by lots of folks.
    Good catch there on the gray number...I noticed it but was blown away by the landscape mode to make note of it.
    09-22-11 12:58 PM
    Beautiful. The black number is much better. This is now a first class theme IMHO.

The landscape mode, animations, and now the more transparent bar in menus makes this theme near perfect.
    09-22-11 01:15 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD