1/4/2011
    Hey Everybody, any interest in a theme like this?

1/4/2011
    Tab underlay removed from sidebar icons...

1/5/2011
    Today items tightened up a bit. Messages reduced to two, Calendar expanded to seven based on the comments here (I favor calendar items as well), calls to one and texts went to four. Icons and Today items moved down from the top. It was feeling a bit cramped to me. This gives the screen a less uptight feel.

1/5/2011
    Added notification area.

10:46 AM 1/5/2011

Navigation now works side-to-side as well as up and down. Made the Today item text bigger as well as some menus and lists.

7:44 PM 1/7/2011
    Gave a transparent underlay to the icons instead of the blue.

OTA Download http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/5hJIvi
    Notice, this link will be updated with new files as they are made available.
    Last edited by KEB64; 01-07-11 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Updates
    LasloPanaflex and cmtangoe like this.
    01-04-11 02:09 AM
    Hey Everybody, any interest in a theme like this? PM me for the BETA.

Basically I love the wall and the scheme... also the sidebar... But (my personal opinion) I hate disturbing "Today"-notifications... :-) Without the Today-area I would love it... :-)
    01-04-11 02:46 AM
    I can't get my PM's to work. May I try your theme? [email protected] thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 08:06 AM
    Links sent.
    01-04-11 01:43 PM
    Basically I love the wall and the scheme... also the sidebar... But (my personal opinion) I hate disturbing "Today"-notifications... :-) Without the Today-area I would love it... :-)
    If there's enough interest I'll remove the Today Items. I personally like them. It's a big reason for the layout design in the first place.
    01-04-11 01:51 PM
    i would love one without the today as well

[email protected]? Thank you
    01-04-11 07:03 PM
    i would love one without the today as well

[email protected]? Thank you
    What should I do instead? Add more app icons? Fill the screen with apps maybe?
    01-04-11 09:57 PM
    Here's the OTA links. 18 is with Today Items. 19 is with icons only. Should I remove the text from the icons on 19 theme? Feedback appreciated. Thanks, Kirk
    Here's 18 http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/5hJIvi
    Here's 19 http://www.bbthemelab.com/s/27H0Xa
    01-04-11 10:49 PM
    Awesome loving the today theme. It makes life so much easier
    01-04-11 10:54 PM
    I have downloaded but not activated this yet. But, in the meantime, I put another vote in for the Today screen. Since have a pretty busy calendar and os 5 and 6 only shown unread messages, I'd be in favour of dropping the message lines for more calendar items
    01-05-11 12:00 AM
    Email me the link will ya.
    [email protected]

01-05-11 12:00 AM
    Email me the link will ya.
    [email protected]

The OTA links are in post#8
    01-05-11 12:01 AM
    Actually loaded it and tried it. Nice looking theme! Well done and thank you for sharing!

If you are interested in feedback (it is YOUR theme after all, not mine - I didn't pay for it), I would suggest the following:
    -tightening spacing of icons on home screen might get 5 icons on
    -notification for 3rd party apps not on home screen? Least I don't see my meterberry icon
    -since getting to phone history is so easy, I'd drop that section and increase calendar entries. Or pull up Today section to add apps along bottom
    -i take back my earlier comment about not having messages in Today area: it works on this theme as it gives me a "free" icon to messages - usually that requires a icon
    -wallpaper on app screen is a bit to bright/light as makes app text difficult to read. Noticed that browser "go to.." screen is dark text on dark background

Despite all that, I really like this theme and will keep it in my rotation. Thanks again!

01-05-11 12:14 AM
    Love it (with Today definitely), but:
    * Would prefer with bolder and larger font (as per OEM)
    * No landscape mode edit: fixed by reboot
    * SystemDash battery icon has gone
    * Would like cleaner and blacker background ( Marco used to have a good one today theme; for the Bold - BlackBerry Forums Support Community)
    Last edited by robinb; 01-05-11 at 12:41 AM.
    01-05-11 12:36 AM
    Awesome loving the today theme. It makes life so much easier
    Thank you! I'm glad it helps.
    01-05-11 01:43 AM
    I have downloaded but not activated this yet. But, in the meantime, I put another vote in for the Today screen. Since have a pretty busy calendar and os 5 and 6 only shown unread messages, I'd be in favour of dropping the message lines for more calendar items
    Added a total of seven calendar items!
    01-05-11 01:44 AM
    Actually loaded it and tried it. Nice looking theme! Well done and thank you for sharing!

If you are interested in feedback (it is YOUR theme after all, not mine - I didn't pay for it), I would suggest the following:
    -tightening spacing of icons on home screen might get 5 icons on
    Not possible using the stock icon sizes.
    -notification for 3rd party apps not on home screen? Least I don't see my meterberry icon
    I'm not sure I understand this.
    -since getting to phone history is so easy, I'd drop that section and increase calendar entries. Or pull up Today section to add apps along bottom
    Increased calendar entries to seven.
    -i take back my earlier comment about not having messages in Today area: it works on this theme as it gives me a "free" icon to messages - usually that requires a icon
    Me too.
    -wallpaper on app screen is a bit to bright/light as makes app text difficult to read. Noticed that browser "go to.." screen is dark text on dark background
    If this is what I think it is, try a reset. It's not supposed to be like that.
    Despite all that, I really like this theme and will keep it in my rotation. Thanks again!
    You're quite welcome. Thank you for the feedback!

The theme will be changing over the next little while so be aware of that. The download link will remain the same but the theme will change. I'll note the changes in the first post with a screenshot if neccessary.
    01-05-11 01:50 AM
    Love it (with Today definitely), but:
    * Would prefer with bolder and larger font (as per OEM)
    I'm thinking about larger font as well. Anybody else?
    * No landscape mode edit: fixed by reboot
    Reboot is your friend.
    * SystemDash battery icon has gone
    I don't understand this. What's systemdash?
    * Would like cleaner and blacker background ( Marco used to have a good one today theme; for the Bold - BlackBerry Forums Support Community)
    I've tryed quite a few backgrounds and always come back to this one for some reason. I agree, it's not ideal. I'll check out the one from Marco.

Edit: Huh, no screenshots. That was from a while ago! Do you have a screenshot you can post?

Here's a screen I think works well...
    Last edited by KEB64; 01-05-11 at 02:24 AM.
    01-05-11 01:53 AM
    Very useful theme so far.
    But, as mentioned before, there are no notifications for third party apps like pingchat or whatapp messenger...
    so if i geh a new message i only get my LED blinking (whit berrybuzz) but i dont get a notifiaction on my homescreen.

just to be clear: the red badge for a new message is there on the app icon, but no notification like on the stock os6

is it possible to fix this?
    01-05-11 02:13 AM
    Very useful theme so far.
    But, as mentioned before, there are no notifications for third party apps like pingchat or whatapp messenger...
    so if i geh a new message i only get my LED blinking (whit berrybuzz) but i dont get a notifiaction on my homescreen.

just to be clear: the red badge for a new message is there on the app icon, but no notification like on the stock os6

is it possible to fix this?
    If somebody gives me a hint how to do this I will. I'm new to theme making. I'll be happy to do it, I'm just not sure how. I don't have any third party apps installed that have notification so I can't even test for it. Can you give me a screenshot of how it notifies you in the Stock OS6?
    01-05-11 02:29 AM

like the email icon in the upper area

on stock os6 you get these icons also for third party apps
    Last edited by LasloPanaflex; 01-05-11 at 02:38 AM.
    01-05-11 02:36 AM

like the email icon in the upper area

on stock os6 you get these icons also for third party apps
    Okay. I found the option to add that. The only issue is when I add it the landscape bug occurs where only three quarters of the banner is there in landscape mode. So to have notifications show up, landscape mode gets screwed up a bit. Thoughts?
    01-05-11 02:54 AM
    i personally dont care about landscape... dont use it.

Maybe u release a version with nitofications and with landscape bug?
    01-05-11 03:00 AM
    This is an awesome theme.
    But I have some requests (take it or leave it as its free/your theme):

-remove the "text messages" portion from the TODAY and have texts, emails, bbm/pins, msn, twitter, etc show up in "messages" and move down the today (reduce redundancy)
    -and by removing "text messages" it can free up space for more apps/shortcuts in the (today)home screen; so it can be an inverted L
    -Maybe change the fonts/apps background so its easier to read
    -and have a weather app and profile shortcut spots
    -be able to scroll left and right in the home scren

Thanks

01-05-11 03:15 AM
    Okay. I was able to add notification status without breaking landscape mode. I did make the notification area smaller by about 30 percent, so that might cause conflicts if there are too many notifications. Feedback here appreciated.
    01-05-11 03:29 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD