Just wondering if it's normal for our pics to be pixelated once we zoom in? I have an iphone also and it doesn't do it and my 9700 didn't get blurry either what's going on RIM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 07:47 PM
    Crackberry sucks now

10-30-10 08:13 PM
    it's not actual optical zoom.. it's digital zoom so it's just enlarging the centre of the photo.. if the iphone isn't getting blurry then it's probably just cropping
    10-30-10 08:15 PM
    You don't get a response within an hour and crackberry sucks. Wow. GLWT
    10-30-10 08:25 PM
    Just wondering if it's normal for our pics to be pixelated once we zoom in? I have an iphone also and it doesn't do it and my 9700 didn't get blurry either what's going on RIM?

Are you referring to zooming in when using the camera/taking a picture, or when viewing pictures on the phone?

For taking a picture, using the digital zoom will affect quality. That's a function of the size of the sensor, quality of the optics, etc. I wouldn't bother trying to zoom in on any cameraphone.

For viewing pics, sometimes the image will look pixelated for a few seconds after zooming in as the new image is rendered on the screen. Mine look fine after that as long as I don't try to zoom in too far.

The screen resolution on the Torch is not as high as the iPhone so it won't look as good after a certain zoom level. The Torch and 9700 have the same res, but since the Torch's screen is physically larger, it will start to show the pixels at a lower zoom level.

For me, the resolution on the Torch is fine for viewing pictures given the size of the screen. If I really want or need to see the details, then I'll look at the images on my PC.
    10-30-10 08:28 PM
    Lol people shouldn't even bother responding to this guy

10-30-10 08:59 PM
    Lol people shouldn't even bother responding to this guy

Controversy sparks interest, this is a perfect example

10-30-10 09:11 PM
    Are you referring to zooming in when using the camera/taking a picture, or when viewing pictures on the phone?

For taking a picture, using the digital zoom will affect quality. That's a function of the size of the sensor, quality of the optics, etc. I wouldn't bother trying to zoom in on any cameraphone.

For viewing pics, sometimes the image will look pixelated for a few seconds after zooming in as the new image is rendered on the screen. Mine look fine after that as long as I don't try to zoom in too far.

The screen resolution on the Torch is not as high as the iPhone so it won't look as good after a certain zoom level. The Torch and 9700 have the same res, but since the Torch's screen is physically larger, it will start to show the pixels at a lower zoom level.

For me, the resolution on the Torch is fine for viewing pictures given the size of the screen. If I really want or need to see the details, then I'll look at the images on my PC.
    Thank you for your detailed response, I'm a bit OCD about things and this just bothers me but knowing why I understand so it's not AS annoying... I just like to be able to zoom into saved pics without losing quality but we can't have EVERYTHING and overall I'm happy with my 9800 minus the lack of a left convenience key -.- lol

10-30-10 09:13 PM
    You don't get a response within an hour and crackberry sucks. Wow. GLWT
    Sorry... I just really wanted an answer and I knew someone would reply to a distasteful comment.

10-30-10 09:14 PM
    Depends on the size of the pic you're viewing. Set your Torch on the "large" setting in options. Take your pix @ 5mp. It should be fine.

10-31-10 12:48 AM
    I don't know if this has anything to do with pixalation but I find that if you go to memory storage and disable compression, your pictures will look better. However, you will notice switching between pictures will be a tad slower if you pay close attention.
    10-31-10 02:01 AM
    I think your being inpatient like me, when i first used it i expected it to zoom in perfectly instantly, the iphone does the same thing but just a tad quicker, wait a second after you zoom in and the picture will become clear, it is choosing the region to zoom then loading the pixels, just give it a second.
    11-09-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD