About 90% of the time when I try to view youtube videos on my torch (Rogers) it attempts to buffer for about 10 seconds then the error message "Can not find web address. Confirm that this web address is valid" appears. My old 9700 did this but much less frequent. Its a hit/miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    10-12-10 12:57 AM
    My torch on Rogers is doing this too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 01:04 AM
    I'm on rogers and had the same problem. I read in the forums that resending the service books fixes the problem. It did for me. Try it and if not send books and then a battery pull. It solved all my problems.
    10-12-10 09:25 AM
    I was gonna suggest the same thing and FYI, I'm on BELL and had no issues with youtube. In fact been watching family guy episodes all day and night. Something is messed with your wap resolving addresses on Rogers. Call their tech support and solve it if resending service books doesn't help.

10-12-10 09:53 AM
    would def have to agree with hte others about resending the service books i am in the US with AT&T no problems since launch day with youtube...if service books dont' work try reloading the os and when u restore don't restore your old service books send them from you carriers site instead. Gluck
    10-12-10 01:34 PM
    Try this, Found it on another Thread on CB, and it worked for me, after experiencing the same error message and problem.

Options/Devices/Advanced System settings/Host Routing Table/ Menu Key/ register now.

You should get an email confirming that you are now registered with Blackberry, and then you should be able to start watching videos on YOutube.

hope this helps, cause it worked for me immediately.
    10-12-10 09:56 PM
    Thanks guys, I did all the suggestions.... crossing my fingers but it seems to work well now
    10-13-10 10:47 PM
    thanks for the advise.

it works fine for me as well!~
    10-17-10 04:11 AM
    http://m.youtube.com/my_videos?gl=CA...v-google&hl=en

10-17-10 07:42 AM
    Hi, just wondering which suggestions worked for everyone?

I am having the exact same problem on Rogers using a torch. I have tried battery pulls and the �register now� technique but neither worked. This same problem affected my bold 9700. Is the �register now� function the same thing as resending service books? If not, I can�t find the option to resend service books any longer on rogers.com/bis Have they removed the option?

Thanks for your help
    10-21-10 09:20 AM
    Hey guys,
    Im having the same problem.... ive tried the suggestion above but the error message still appears "An error has occurred attempting to play meida".

I'm registered with blackberry, ive signed up with youtube, ive pulled the battery out and still nothing..... any suggests???

I have the Torch and i'm with Vodafone.

Thanks Ev
    01-05-11 02:30 AM
    I have no problem and I'm on rogers
    01-05-11 05:50 AM
    For Rogers customers (note, i am also on a BES plan) - you will need to delete one of the service books in order for youtube to work on your torch.

Instructions:

1. Options
    2. Device
    3. Advanced System Settings
    4. Service Book
    5. Locate and highlight: BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service 2
    6. Delete

YOUTUBE WILL NOW WORK!!! ENJOY!!!

You will have to delete this service book everytime your phone has been turned off.

APN Settings Enabled (checkmark box)
    APN: internet.com

Leave the rest blank.
    Last edited by torchie22; 01-05-11 at 12:58 PM.
    01-05-11 12:55 PM
    I suggest you download DuoBerry in that case, it will allow you to save YouTube videos to your phone, this will definately work with no extra carrier charges also as it is not considered as Video Streaming, but as a regular download through the browser

From your BlackBerry, visit this link to start the installation, do not forget to customize the security restrictions and set everything to ALLOW

Link: http://jelounge.dikti.net/Launcher/duoberry.jad
    01-05-11 01:13 PM
    Just followed the service books advice and my youtube is working just fine and it wasn't before. THANK YOU!!!
    02-17-11 06:09 PM
    Congrats Glad you got it sorted
    02-17-11 06:15 PM
    problem with youtube videos..not runing in my torch 9800..wht should i do..
    10-06-11 03:03 AM
    thank you very much
    01-18-14 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD