View Poll Results: Are you going to be purchasing the Blackberry Torch?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

163 61.28%
  • No

69 25.94%
  • Undecided

34 12.78%
    Can't wait to get mine!
    08-05-10 10:03 PM
    I can't believe AT&T wouldn't give me the exception upgrade and I would love a new phone. I'm going to get an iPhone 4 for $399 instead of the 9800 for $499.

Don't worry people! I still will use my 9700 on my other line for true push email and the iconic keyboard!
    08-05-10 10:56 PM
    If I want to get the torch, should I wake up extra early on Aug. 12th? Or should it be OK to go in in the afternoon or even a few days later and the AT&T store should still have stock?
    08-06-10 02:56 AM
    You'll have no problem getting it anytime on the 12th or even the day after. This isn't going to be like the iPhone.
    08-06-10 07:23 AM
    Yes and you won't have to buy a special case to assist with signal reception. According to the CB blog post, a post sourced from Engadget, the Torch is already in stores and maybe a rep might sell one early. I am just wondering what the super secret words are to get one early. Every rep that I talk to won't risk their jobs to do so.
    08-06-10 07:42 AM
    I'm a Bold 9000 owner since Oct, 2008 and initially I wasn't going to pick one up because of the processor, etc which we have known about for months. But my phone is dying, and IMO the 9800 looks pretty sexy : ) I've just resigned myself to upgrading again next year !
    08-06-10 08:06 AM
    Darn tootin I'm getting this phone.
    08-06-10 08:24 AM
    I want to get it, but its really laggy. I went to manhattan store yesterday and played with it. Man, I was really hoping for something better than my 9700, but it looks like the torch is not it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 08:35 AM
    Definitely will be getting it. Been with AT&T for over 10 years and have had absolutely NO problems with them whatsoever, so I'm glad they've got the initial exclusive. Also helps that I'm eligible for an upgrade too!
    08-06-10 08:57 AM
    God no!

a) It lags like my storm did.

b) It has the same low res LCD for web browsing, and 4:3 aspect ratio making it unfit for visual media entertainment like my storm did.

c) BIS still doesn't support IMAP folders, so no ability to really take advantage of email just like my storm.

They can change the name, but they're not fooling me. That's a storm. I avoid storms.

B and C can be disputed if I pay extra for BES & have a standalone media player, which is a waste when I have the incredible, but A is not. The Incredible does not lag, and it predates the torch by about 3 and a half months. I use this thing for business and depend on it too much for it to lag.
    08-06-10 09:32 AM
    Once its out for t mobile **** yes this phone is what iv been waitng for a long time

08-06-10 09:50 AM
    i know of three people close to me moving to the blackberry torch if it comes out sooner rather than later in australia with the exception that it doesn't get locked to any one network as has been done here in the U.S

I feel this lock down will have some say in the polls as well as just some people just wanting the best of the best. Though it can be debated whether this extra boost would have had done much in the overall (current) experience.
    Like i've said before, the pricing in the U.S is a letdown for some because of its apparent lack of technological edge at the same plan price as other high-end smartphones.

In saying that, I really like the eco-system that RIM has created and this focus on better multimedia/internet experience is hugely welcomed!
    I've been waiting for the 9000 bold to have a touchscreen in that form factor but I'm also a fan of sliders and as such this phone seems like something I would like.

at least this poll shows a better turn out than the nielsen report stating that 42 percent of users were likely to stay with RIM (current poll yes @ 60.59%)
    Last edited by zensen; 08-08-10 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added part about nielson report
    08-08-10 07:19 AM
    After testing it in the store yesterday, I can't wait to unbox one next week. It is definitely going to make new owners and existing owners happy.
    08-08-10 07:32 AM
    I will ! I'm due for an upgrade on the 11th and will have my new phone in my hand on the 12th!!
    08-08-10 12:21 PM
    I will definitely be getting this phone, I just hope it's out in Canada by the end of September when I am eligible for an upgrade. It will be a big step up from my current 8130 which has served me well the past 2 and a half years.

I dont understand all of the negitive reviews and bashing this phone is getting. It's almost like nobody has ever owned a Blackberry before. I think it's pretty obvious that blackberrys are designed to be a communication tool, not a gaming device. I am looking for a "phone" that can make phone calls and send messages. Not a portible gaming device that has reception issues while trying to make a phone call. Kind of defeats the purpose of a phone IMO. Nintendo DS and PSP do portible gaming quite well.
    08-08-10 12:54 PM
    I'm going to get the torch despite what ppl have been saying. I just want the blackberry experience and the torch has it. I was a iphone fan/user/abuser, but I have turned myself around!

08-08-10 01:09 PM
    If it were aval on my carrier I would say yes and only if it's on my upgrade which isn't for awhile so maybe the torch 2 will be out by then. What I want is the larger screen but could care less about touch screen.

This phone gives the best of both worlds as you don't have to touch for everything.
    08-08-10 01:13 PM
    Well, I can upgrade my 8530 in January. If Sprint has the torch then, I probably would get it. If they don't have it, as much as I love the crackberries, I might consider giving the Evo a shot.
    08-08-10 01:17 PM
    PI Guy, you disappoint me....usually you pretty cool and helpful, but now you are starting to sound like the majority iPhone sheep....

As far as the phone goes, yep I would love to get it, but on TMobile and refuse to go back to the deathstar....and even if it does come to thee T, I still under contract for 14 more moths...Who knows what will come out from now till then.

Still gonna sneak into the deathstar and try one.

08-08-10 01:32 PM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD