Guys Help me Please....White Torch keeps freezing, requiring a battery pull or two or three.

Problems is... I can't accsee the device via touchscreen. Problem is..... while in BBM and device freezes can't type using touchscreen Problem is......when in BBm and devise freeses, strangely the letter g keeps popping up no matter what letter or number you touch.

In trying to solve the problem I reloaded OS.570 it came with and the problems persist. Upgraded the OS to .576 and the problems persist.

Someone please help me before i throw this crap out...

Mike
    06-16-11 02:19 PM
    Maybe its something about the software in that specific phone is not working right cause I got mine a month ago and no problem with it.. You should contact ur service provider and tell them the problem ur having with the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 02:40 PM
    Maybe its something about the software in that specific phone is not working right cause I got mine a month ago and no problem with it.. You should contact ur service provider and tell them the problem ur having with the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.co upgraded the OS to >576m
    So r u saying its a Software issue.....note that I upgraded the OS from .570 to .576 and the issues remain the very same...
    06-16-11 08:09 PM
    Might be because it's white... just sayin.

On a more serious note.... are you making sure there's no apps running in the background. Friend of mine had the same issues, she said there were no apps running in the back ground. When I had a look at it.... there were at least 15-20 apps running. :S

Did you try a battery pull?

If that's not the case... try a complete wipe and reload of the os after deleting any previous os' on your computer.
    06-16-11 08:15 PM
    Might be because it's white... just sayin.

On a more serious note.... are you making sure there's no apps running in the background. Friend of mine had the same issues, she said there were no apps running in the back ground. When I had a look at it.... there were at least 15-20 apps running. :S

Did you try a battery pull?

If that's not the case... try a complete wipe and reload of the os after deleting any previous os' on your computer.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha That is soooooooo fuuuuuny......Now how do I know if there r Apps running in the background?????? How did u check...???
    06-16-11 08:20 PM
    Ha Ha Ha Ha That is soooooooo fuuuuuny......Now how do I know if there r Apps running in the background?????? How did u check...???
    Press and hold the bb button and the apps that are running will pop up. There will be 5 there at all times, phone, messages, bbm, browser and home. Anything more than those, are just useless memory being used if they are just sitting there.
    06-16-11 08:38 PM
    Did that and that and only the five u metioned r there....Question: the phone came with a 4gb media card, but i took it out and is using a 1.8gb media card....could this somehoe b the issue????
    06-16-11 08:48 PM
    Did that and that and only the five u metioned r there....Question: the phone came with a 4gb media card, but i took it out and is using a 1.8gb media card....could this somehoe b the issue????
    nah, I doubt it considering they can run without one at all. k well to my previous suggestion, full wipe and reinstall...

oh wait. First go options>device>application management and slide the screen... there's a screen in the that shows your CPU usage. Is there something thats our of the ordinary hogging it up?
    06-16-11 09:32 PM
    You could also try a security wipe first including 3rd party apps. If that does not fix it, wipe and reload the OS.

06-16-11 10:06 PM
    nah, I doubt it considering they can run without one at all. k well to my previous suggestion, full wipe and reinstall...

oh wait. First go options>device>application management and slide the screen... there's a screen in the that shows your CPU usage. Is there something thats our of the ordinary hogging it up?
    did that too....nothing there seems to be hogging memory....NEXT, please.....
    06-16-11 10:26 PM
    have you downloaded a new app or theme lately that could becorrupted and causing you problems? remove last downloaded app
    06-17-11 10:57 AM
    have you downloaded a new app or theme lately that could becorrupted and causing you problems? remove last downloaded app
    No downloaded App at all....think I am going to do a full wipe and relaod OS.576....if that doesn't work I might introduce it to my office wall......Could there be something physically wrong with the hardware portion of the touchscreen.......????? because that's where the problem is confined..the device can make and recieve calls and I can access the device through the manual keypad upon sliding up the touchscreen portion.
    06-17-11 05:05 PM
    It could actually be a defective phone. If the OS wipe/reinstall doesn't work try calling the carrier for replacement. If you bought the phone new it has a year warranty/90 day if refurb. I recently had to replace my son's Torch while my Red refurb is still going strong. Hopefully it stays that way!
    06-17-11 06:03 PM
    It could actually be a defective phone. If the OS wipe/reinstall doesn't work try calling the carrier for replacement. If you bought the phone new it has a year warranty/90 day if refurb. I recently had to replace my son's Torch while my Red refurb is still going strong. Hopefully it stays that way!
    Hmmmmm.....very intresting indeed.
    06-18-11 09:05 AM
    Ok guys I am convinced that this Torch is defective.....did all the wipes and reloads of different OS (es) and the Touchscreen still after a while being used, freezes. I can still however access the device through the physical keypad and use the trackpad to scroll as I can't type, touch or do anything with the touchscreen....is it agreed therefore that the touchscreen portion of this device is really defective??????
    06-19-11 01:45 PM
    I agree , defective phone . return for replacement!!
    06-19-11 02:07 PM
    I agree , defective phone . return for replacement!!
    My thoughts exactly....
    06-20-11 09:31 AM
    You could try starting it in safe mode as a final option before you contact the carrier.

06-20-11 11:48 AM
    You could try starting it in safe mode as a final option before you contact the carrier.

That's curious....how do I do that????
    06-21-11 04:50 PM
    06-21-11 07:03 PM
    06-26-11 01:49 PM
    did it worked? what u did in safe mode?
    10-03-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD