Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if its worth upgrading from the Bold 9700 to the Torch?

I have the chance to upgrade to either the Torch or go over to iphone.

I like my Bold 9700 but would like a touch screen which wings me preferably to the Torch but is the upgrade worth it?

Thanks guys.
    12-16-10 12:48 PM
    Personally I think it is. I didn't come from a bold, but rather a curve and I love my torch. If you like the BB experience and want touch screen with a physical keyboard, then the torch is for you. If you want full touchscreen and an amazing screen and a ton of apps, then have a look at the iphone. In the end its totally up to you.
    Methok likes this.
    12-16-10 12:51 PM
    Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if its worth upgrading from the Bold 9700 to the Torch?

I have the chance to upgrade to either the Torch or go over to iphone.

I like my Bold 9700 but would like a touch screen which wings me preferably to the Torch but is the upgrade worth it?

Thanks guys.
    The Torch is worth the upgrade but I will give you my honest opinion. If I didnt have either, I would take the iPhone 4 any day of the week over the Torch. I have both so I dont need to worry about it but thats my honest opinion.
    Methok likes this.
    12-16-10 12:53 PM
    Upgraded from Bold 9000 to Torch - very much worth it. I loved the Bold and had the same reservations before upgrading. Torch gives you the best of both worlds - touch screen and keyboard/trackpad. Love it, love it, love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Methok likes this.
    12-16-10 01:33 PM
    Thank you all for your opinions.

Looks like the iPhone would be the the 3gs rather than the iPhone 4.

Not sure how it compares to the 3gs.
    12-17-10 01:41 AM
    Not if you have ocd like me and have a screen wobble and have went thru 6 phones already and they have all developed the wiggle or creaky keypad, I want my bold back torch and nitpicky people don't go well teogether lol...

Methok likes this.
    12-17-10 05:10 AM
    I did the upgrade 4 days back. It's definitely worth it
    I cant specify a reason but overall experience is great.
    Methok likes this.
    12-17-10 05:33 AM
    I think it is worth the upgrade. I went from the 9700 to the Torch and am happy with the decision. The browser experience alone ia worth the upgrade. I played with OS 6 on the 9700 and it is just so much better on the Torch.

I did not think I would like the touch screen but it has grown on me. Good luck with your choice.

Methok likes this.
    12-17-10 06:03 AM
    I went from the 9700 to the Torch on the day the Torch launched and never looked back.
    Methok likes this.
    12-17-10 11:32 AM
    I also upgraded from the 9700 to the Torch on launch day and never looked back. From the 9700, better OS, browser, app memory, camera as well touchscreen, trackpad, physical/virtual keyboards, more screen real estate and social media integration. The Torch keyboard will take some getting used to and the battery of the Torch is smaller. Battery life has been great for me and I can fly on the Torch keyboard. Multi-tasking and web-browsing are more productive and enjoyable. If you don't the increased screen real estate and touchscreen, the 9780 is a great alternative. It comes down to which device meets your needs the best. Go in a store and test one for yourself, both the build quality and the functionality.
    Methok likes this.
    12-17-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD