Hey! I already have a Passport and I love it, I had a Q10 as a second phone but it was stolen. I found a new Torch 9800 for sale still in the box, do you think it's worth buying it? I already had one way back when they came out and still love them. I was thinking about reliability and support issues.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    06-02-15 12:41 PM
    I had a Torch 9800 when it came out, and I liked it at the time.

I would recommend you NOT get one as a backup device for a BB10 device like your Passport. There may be several issues you'd encounter should you actually need to use it:

1. Backup/Restore: You may have difficulty restoring a recent backup from a BB10 device onto a legacy BBOS device if need arose
    2. BIS Plan: Legacy BBOS devices like Torch need a BlackBerry-specific BIS plan. You may want to check with your carrier if that would be an issue
    3. Apps compatibility: You may have numerous apps you use that won't have a legacy BBOS version

I'd personally look for a deal on a used BB10 device in good shape, if you prefer owning a backup device.
    pgg101 and Daniel Montanaro like this.
    06-04-15 05:05 PM
    Elite1 is right. My backup devices are a Z10 and a Torch 9800. As much as I loved the Torch some years ago, I cant use it anymore. It is slow (really slow!!!!) screen resolution is bad, screen size is bad and the webbrowser is also bad.

I loved it, I still think it is one of the nicest looking BlackBerrys ever, but I would definitly not use it anymore!
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-06-15 05:25 AM
    Thanks for your advices. I will get another Q10 as my backup device, hopefully this time it won't get stolen.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    06-09-15 12:10 PM
    ah, but the camera!
    When I got my Passport, I gave my beloved Torch 9810 to my wife. I�m quite happy with the Passport now, becoming ever more so as time goes by, but the Torch�s camera is way superior to the Passport�s! When traveling, we always compare shots afterwards, and I find that the Torch camera wins on speed of focusing as well as contrast/lighting/backlighting issues.
    06-09-15 12:23 PM
    Got one of these for 18 on ebay as an extreme backup case. Always wanted a slider but never was sold on their keyboards. Anyway plan on getting the core bb10 phones especially with this blackberry possible android stuff. Holy trinity Q10, Passport, and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:17 AM