Just wanted to guage the variations of the infamous wobble. When my slider is closed, I feel the screen move when touchinng the screen. It drives me nuts!!!!!!! I like everything to be nice and tight, and snug/solid feeling. (Yes, still talking bout the phone). Do you think I could exchange at the rogers store, or only over the phone with CR?
    Thanks for the info.
    Peace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 09:59 PM
    K so I just handled this same issue with rogers. Where did you purchase your phone. annoyingly enough you have to call rogers and sit with a blackberry rep. explain your issues and they will make sure your good to get a replacement. Then if you ordered it on the phone they will send you a brand new one, but if you got it in a store you have to go back to the exact same store you purchased it from and trade it in for a new one (again brand new). Make sure you don't let it go beyond the first 30 days from activation, because then they will make you take a referb. (those bastards :P). Good luck, and hope you have better luck with your next one
    10-05-10 11:28 PM
    K so I just handled this same issue with rogers. Where did you purchase your phone. annoyingly enough you have to call rogers and sit with a blackberry rep. explain your issues and they will make sure your good to get a replacement. Then if you ordered it on the phone they will send you a brand new one, but if you got it in a store you have to go back to the exact same store you purchased it from and trade it in for a new one (again brand new). Make sure you don't let it go beyond the first 30 days from activation, because then they will make you take a referb. (those bastards :P). Good luck, and hope you have better luck with your next one
    so u had wiggle/wobble and they just swapped it just like that?
    10-05-10 11:37 PM
    I had the same issue with the Torch I got on launch day. Whenever i typed near the middle - bottom part of the screen, or use one of the function buttons, it would make a clacking noise sorta like the suretype sound.

I sent a Twitter message to RIM asking if it was normal, and all they said was to compare to some other Torches...which I did with some of my buddies.

Went back to Future Shop tonight, and they swapped it for a new one, which was nice and tight. The guy tried to tell me they were all like that, and I told him that wasn't the case...so he ended up opening one to show me, and lo and be hold, I showed him! lol

I'm sure at some point though, they'll all develop some play in the mechanism.
    10-05-10 11:53 PM
    I'm on my second Torch, a really impressive and good phone, and my experience has been that you're going to get "wiggle." My first phone wiggled, but not so much, so 15 days after I activated it, I got a new one. At first it was solid, but these last 40 days, it is worse than the first one, which is not a problem to me. Yes, it aggravates me at times, but the good part of the phone wins out. I contend that as time goes on it won't get any worse (I hope) and it's part of the territory when you get a slider phone. I've had others and this is always what happens. Should I ask for another one? I think it's futile. They will always wobble after time. And so I'm going to enjoy the best BlackBerry I've ever owned.
    10-06-10 12:23 AM
    I'm on my second Torch, a really impressive and good phone, and my experience has been that you're going to get "wiggle." My first phone wiggled, but not so much, so 15 days after I activated it, I got a new one. At first it was solid, but these last 40 days, it is worse than the first one, which is not a problem to me. Yes, it aggravates me at times, but the good part of the phone wins out. I contend that as time goes on it won't get any worse (I hope) and it's part of the territory when you get a slider phone. I've had others and this is always what happens. Should I ask for another one? I think it's futile. They will always wobble after time. And so I'm going to enjoy the best BlackBerry I've ever owned.
    I think its normal for it to wiggle after that long..... mine wiggles just a tiny bit and i am thinking of taking it back but i dont want to get a new device and its worse
    10-06-10 12:35 AM
    I had a slight wiggle/wobble. Got a plastic case and now there is zero movement.

10-06-10 12:48 AM
    I had a slight wiggle/wobble. Got a plastic case and now there is zero movement.

Which case you are using now? I am thinking to get the case for proection. I also have wiggle problem on my phone, but, I guess most of slider phone have the wiggle issue.

10-06-10 01:55 AM
    Ive had my device replaced 5 TIMES! (AT&T is really cool about that) Each and every time a wobble eventually occurred. However, if you check out my post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/coca-cola-vs-blackberry-torch-534380
    I explained that I had taken the berry apart and tightened 6 screws that hold the top and bottom pieces together. It has been almost a week and my torch is rock solid.
    BUT we're talking about taking the phone apart - so if that is something that worries you even the least bit - I wouldn't do it. Just remember, its a sliding moving part so there will always eventually be some sort of looseness.
    Last edited by brendonlee; 10-06-10 at 08:14 AM.
    10-06-10 07:39 AM
    Solution: I layed 5 pieces of tape on the back of the screen when the keyboard is extended. Wobble is gone. I really don't want to bother taking it back because odds are it has the same problem.
    Try it. If you don't like it, take the tape off and you're set.

10-06-10 07:46 AM
    The only thing I got going on with mine is am annoying squeak when impress the menu button next to the call button. It works and everything else is purfect so I am not going to bother with it because knowing my luck I will end up with a new one with worse problems. I think I had 6 or so storm 1's because each one was worse than the first.

10-06-10 07:51 AM
    to the OP and all other wobblers.

How much wobble are we looking at? Mine has slight left to right movement IF: you move it i push my thumbs near the end and send button...

but lets be legit about this...why the F would my thumbs be down there during normal operation? This device has a moving part of course its going to move.

If you feel your device wobbling while typing on the virtual screen - I'd agree get it looked at especially if your not happy with it. but if you notice movement during times where
    A) your on a call and the slider is open/closed and it just moves...return it
    B) slider is open and your typing and the screen falls off - return it

Mine wiggles about 1mm - do i think its a bad build? No - i bought a phone with a moving part.

your other solution is to get a bold.
    10-06-10 07:57 AM
    Im not seeing any wobble. But I will. Its what you get with a slider. Ive had quite a few different sliders and they all eventually do it.
    10-06-10 10:59 AM
    Ive had my device replaced 5 TIMES! (AT&T is really cool about that) Each and every time a wobble eventually occurred. However, if you check out my post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/coca-cola-vs-blackberry-torch-534380
    I explained that I had taken the berry apart and tightened 6 screws that hold the top and bottom pieces together. It has been almost a week and my torch is rock solid.
    BUT we're talking about taking the phone apart - so if that is something that worries you even the least bit - I wouldn't do it. Just remember, its a sliding moving part so there will always eventually be some sort of looseness.
    I'm having the wobble issue and I'm not too dissatisfied especially after reading here that most slider phones will develop play over time. I'm thinking of trying to tighten the six screws as mentioned!

10-06-10 09:34 PM
    Which case you are using now? I am thinking to get the case for proection. I also have wiggle problem on my phone, but, I guess most of slider phone have the wiggle issue.

I was I case I found at a local cell phone accessories store. $7 :-D
    No more wobble.

10-06-10 10:43 PM
    We have three new ones in our office. Mine felt movement when closed on the bottom part of the slider. Very annoying. Looking at the other two they were tight. I used a 3/4 inch piece of cloth hockey tape up under the bottom part of the slider. You can't see it and it is now solid. #2 owner emailed me last night saying he had dropped his a very small height and his was now like mine. He was doing the fix last night. I would expect they will all do this at some point. I was going to take it apart but I can't imagine screws have backed out....therefor tightening them will not help. Perhaps that poster could say if his were actually loose?

the tape is a quick and easy fix that works.
    10-07-10 06:39 AM
    mine has this dreaded wiggle now, you can feel it move about a mm if you press on the top left, then the bottom right. It is just like a surepress click. The right hand end of the call/end button bar thingy moves a little too much also. Thinking of getting it replaced, but as people have said it could just be worse on another, and im starting to feel like this is MY phone now and not just a 9800. People using tape, what kind? And where abouts?
    10-07-10 07:25 AM
    to the OP and all other wobblers.

.........your other solution is to get a bold.
    and I did. Minor wobbles weren't an issue, but mine was horrible. Clanking, hidious wobble, and the send/call keys peeled up. I loved the phone, but that wasn't something I was willing to deal with. Of course, my son's is rock solid. Little $****. I should have taken his. lol
    10-07-10 07:40 AM
    mine has this dreaded wiggle now, you can feel it move about a mm if you press on the top left, then the bottom right. It is just like a surepress click. The right hand end of the call/end button bar thingy moves a little too much also. Thinking of getting it replaced, but as people hayve said it could just be worse on another, and im starting to feel like this is MY phone now and not just a 9800. People using tape, what kind? And where abouts?
    I used fabric hockey tape in black. One inch chunk. Lateral under touch pad. Open slider and lay it sticky side up at the top of the keyboard. Push it up carefully with a knife blade. Then push it up against the bottom of the slider. Small wrinkles are ok. Makes it a bit thicker.

10-07-10 07:51 AM
    I don't have a wiggle but I have a smushy berry key. The menu button right next to the call button creaks and is smushy but it works and everything else is top notch so I am worried I will get one back worse like what use to happen with my storm 1. Ugh.

10-07-10 07:54 AM
    not sure, but have you guys noticed that on the right hand side of the keyboard certain areas or letters are... not as "clicky". Like for me, the i and o seem to go down silently in that section not really allowing me to be 100% sure letter I hit. And the "del" button also goes down silently too.
    10-07-10 07:08 PM
    I don't have a wiggle but I have a smushy berry key. The menu button right next to the call button creaks and is smushy but it works and everything else is top notch so I am worried I will get one back worse like what use to happen with my storm 1. Ugh.

Lol.. I have the "smushy" berry key too.. Really bothers me because I exclusively use the virtual keyboard and the berry key to send emails. Just going to deal with it but I really wish it had a nice "click" to it.
    10-07-10 07:15 PM
    Ya..my phone was beauty til I dropped it from about 3ft facedown on the floor. First thing I worried about was the screen..but it was fine. I did however develop a bit of a "click" on the bottom left of the phone when it was closed..so I just used a couple small strips of electrical tape on the back of the screen in the slide out position. Now it works like a beaut again. Putting the tape on there gave me an idea of putting a cool sticker on the back rather than the tape..might give it even more of a custom feel.

10-07-10 07:25 PM
    My wobble is only rrealy evident when my screen is closed, and I "tap" anyhere below half way down the screen. Also when I use the trackpad I feel it also. It feels like theirs just a gap, between the "slider" part, and the base of the device.
    As for the "mushy" buttons, I've got them too. Don't know who posted it, but I too have a squishy, silent "I", "l" and "del" buttons... I'm going to the rogers video store tomorrow, and will play with as many they let me, and choose the tightest.

10-07-10 08:47 PM
    Damn it. So.. I drive to the Rogers Video I got my HUP from, no Torches in stock. OK, I'll live with the wobble until they DO have some in. Get back to work, answer a call with the green answer button, and the bloody button completely SINKS.!?! :S -- So now, my answer/call button, has sunk, to below the screen level, not flush anymore. My end button and trackpad are solid, but the call button is totally "deeper" sitting than the other buttons.... Is this just qualms I should deal with, on a "new" device?!?! To be honest, had leaning trackpad issue with my 9700, then got a replacement, and it was SOLID! Was I just spoiled then, and hoping for the same here? to be honest, if this had happened to my Bold (sinking button) I would have replaced it also...
    10-08-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD