I'm still within my 30 days and I'm seriously considering switching from my 9700 to a 9800. I had an iPhone 3G, then iPhone 4, and missed a bb so badly that I got the 9700 (which I love) BUT I miss the touch screen. I've read mixed reviews on the 9800, but saw that most coming from an iPhone or 9700 were very pleased. What's your opinion? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 08:34 AM
    doooooo it
    10-08-10 08:36 AM
    Its a nice phone, but if you can wait a min for the software update I would go with the 9700. I think it wil be a more solid device than the 9800 once it gets OS6

10-08-10 08:45 AM
    Its a nice phone, but if you can wait a min for the software update I would go with the 9700. I think it wil be a more solid device than the 9800 once it gets OS6

I understand, but that's my issue- is missing the touchscreen and big screen in general. I just really don't know! Thanks though.

10-08-10 08:48 AM
    Ok, if that's the case do the torch. Screen is definitely better to look at I just personally LOVE the sure press input system

10-08-10 08:57 AM
    Ok, if that's the case do the torch. Screen is definitely better to look at I just personally LOVE the sure press input system

Haha I understand!! I'm just confused.. I don't really know enough about either to know the pros and cons except the obvious screen and OS6.

10-08-10 09:04 AM
    Sounds like you already know what you want to do!

I didn't come from a 9700, just a 9630, but LOVE the Torch. I don't think I could go back to a phone without touch screen, hope BB releases many more "hybrids" in the future!

10-08-10 09:11 AM
    Oh really? Yeah it is a big difference. For sure go play with them in the store for a bit. Os6 will be coming to the 9700 eventually. I just miss my Storm2 That said, I can honestly say I have only opened my keyboard on my torch maybe 10 times since I purchased it haha

10-08-10 09:13 AM
    Get the 9800.
    10-08-10 09:14 AM
    Sounds like you already know what you want to do!

I didn't come from a 9700, just a 9630, but LOVE the Torch. I don't think I could go back to a phone without touch screen, hope BB releases many more "hybrids" in the future!

Haha I sound very convinced, but I'm really not!! Thanks for your opinion!

10-08-10 09:33 AM
    Oh really? Yeah it is a big difference. For sure go play with them in the store for a bit. Os6 will be coming to the 9700 eventually. I just miss my Storm2 That said, I can honestly say I have only opened my keyboard on my torch maybe 10 times since I purchased it haha

Haha I'm sorry you miss your storm2!! Why do you think the 9700 is more stable or whatever? No slide?

10-08-10 09:35 AM
    I too came from 9700 to the torch. I am in love with the functionality of the storm and now that I am getting used to it its getting better and better. I love the touchscreen too! As much as people crapped on this screen I love it

10-08-10 09:36 AM
    Haha I'm sorry you miss your storm2!! Why do you think the 9700 is more stable or whatever? No slide?

My experience has been that the more basic a phone is, the better it holds up to general wear and tear. You would get the same software, probably a little less glitchy through the updates. There's just more the torch has to do, given the slider/touchscreen/trackpad/keyboard as opposed to the 9700 trackpad/keyboard. But now I feel like I'm trying to convince you haha. I do love my torch, for what its worth

10-08-10 10:02 AM
    Yah get the 9800. Its easily the bb out there. Gives you the best of all worlds really. You can use it how you want. And thats the big thing for me. I leave it closed if im just doing small things in regards to typing. Like if Im browsing the web or something, ill just leave it closed. Even if im sending a small msg. But if I start chatting with someone, I'll just slide it open and use the keyboard. I even use the trackpad still. Such a fantastic phone.
    10-08-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD