Cause sliders get loose.

Screen Loose? You might wanna try this... - Android Forums

What???? An android phone with a loose slider where people are doing the same thing??????? OMG!!!! That cant be. Android is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go talk to people with N95's, n96's or basically any other phone with a slider and they will all tell you it will get loose eventually.

The loser android trolls in cb are so pathetic. Keep trying to justify your support of the worlds largest spyware company by trolling BB websites.
    First off I just want to say I love my torch and counted down the days until it came out to get it. I've had my Torch for almost 2 months, I got a week after it came out, and it was solid when I got it but after a week or so it started to wobble and it feels like its getting worse. This is my first slider phone that slides up, but I did have a Sony Ericsson S700 that rotates around. And I have to say that phone was solid even to this day and its been dropped many times in my underground parking and still locks into place and no wobble at all. My friend also has another SE phone that was a slider and it too was very solid with no wobble, but it was a lot smaller than my Torch.

I still love my Torch but just wish the wobble and also creaking could be fixed. I wonder if RIM is aware of the problems with the Torch and if they would work on a fix. I got my phone from Bell and its been more than 14 days so I can't just get a new phone I would have to send it in and I really don't want to.
    11-22-10 10:22 AM
    I took mine apart. There is no opportunity to tighten the mechanism. The issue is that when closed, the bottom part of the screen has too much cantilever down over the keyboard.

Mine is now solid however. Take some black electrical tape, take 4 strips, perhaps 3 and laminate them into one thicker piece. Use a sharp blade and cut two rectangles, 1/8 x 3/8 ". Place them carefully sticky side up on the left and right side of the bottom chrome strip just below the keyboard. Slide the screen closed over them, then push down to ensure contact. Use a blunt object like a kitchen knife to tuck the edges in a bit if the protrude. Now the screen is fully supported when closed and solid as a rock. The black is invisible in the crack. I tried foam but it compresses over a few days.

This is the best fix in my opinion. Very solid feel as it is supported fully.
    11-22-10 01:50 PM
    Can someone suggest how to remove the paper, just in case?

I did the fix and it worked - no more up and down wobble, but I am worried about the problems some have had.

So is it possible to remove the paper once it has been inserted?
    11-23-10 10:42 AM
    I think the electrical tape idea is the best option...won't have to worry about paper falling and ruining the unit. You can take if off if need be. My first torch came with a bad wiggle out of the box so I got a replacement which was nice and tight...but after two weeks it had a tiny wiggle at the bottom left..mostly noticed when talking on the phone or using the touchscreen to type. I really like my phone and the electrical tape took out the wiggle. I got a refurb so I only paid a penny...so for one cent and a little tape...im good with it!!!
    12-30-10 10:32 AM
    There seems to be 2 wiggle types. For closed wiggle, place electritape under the chrome below either the green or red buttons ( depends on which side's more cantilevered ), or do the Storm 1 fix, I needed a guitar pick under the battery for best results, more solid ( fixes surepress effect ), but wiggles sideways when pushed. Hard.

Open wiggle's a bit trickier ; paper trick which might get entangled with the tension mechanism.
    12-30-10 10:48 AM
    Can someone please help me :/ I stuck 2 pieces of paper and now I hear paper everytime I open or close it...can someone help me. I need. A way to get it out withought taking it apart because I don't have the tools.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 12:02 AM
    Just use an AGF Grt case and don't break your phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 03:28 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD