Hi

I've searched the forums long and hard for proper settings relating to my situation but alas...

A few months back I went to the Dominican Republic and left my phone untouched in terms of settings. When I got back I got a fat $250 bill when it usually cost me $80 a month. I was told it was because my data plan was left on. So the next trip I go to the Cayman's and stay at a friend's house. I turn off everything (carrier, bluetooth, data plan) out of paranoia, connect to his wifi yet I'm unable to do nothing (unable to connect to the network). No Google, no Gmail, no Facebook, nada! I know some apps need the data plan on to work but will anything work without the data plan on?

Where can I find the proper settings to have on in order to have wifi? Is it normal that my BB's IP shows up as 0.0.0.0? My netbook worked fine in his house but not the f#%@ Torch.

Will DEselecting 'Mobile Network' only solve all of these issue and I WILL be able access wifi anywhere I connect to and NOT incure any costs or is there some secret hidden setting that has to be turned on or off to make this work?

Thanks a lot!
    07-01-11 07:14 PM
    Please don't post using profanity. Even masked profanity. That's not cool.

Turn off the Mobile Network.

Or leave the data services on and turn the Data Off While Roaming.

This will allow data to work over WiFi.
    07-01-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD