Torches don't have they gray/white icon anymore its just a signal bar like windows has. And the problem sounds like your router blocking your device. Does your router have a WiFi Protected Setup button? Some routers list it as "WPS"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 04:07 AM
    I never got to reply after posting the original thread but ecerything wrh has stated is exactlky the same for me. I tried a ftware update. Numerous battery pulls. Sim card pulls. Reseting my router. Deleting the wifi network on my phone and putting it back on. I have tried EVERYTHING. But I have it dowb the the router. When I was out last night just for ****s and giggles I tried connecting my wifi to a restarauts wifi. And it worked with no problems. Didn't get any stupid error message. But once again back at home got the stupid message again. So it has to be the router. I believe the security on my router is wpa. So does anyone know how to accsess their router settings and change things? I'm about to call belkin even know I have a feeling they are gonna give me the run around
    10-10-10 08:49 AM
    198.168.0.1 or 100 in the browser normally. Try also googling the settings with your model number because each one usually has a different gateway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 08:57 AM
    It's definitely the router, I have no problems connecting at home, nor connecting anywhere else. Actually, I think the Wi-fi on the Torch is one of the best wireless cards yet! If you can get the Wi-Fi signal to light up white, but you can't get connected to the internet, you have a setting inside your router that is blocking it, that is why I mentioned checking the MAC filtering setting.
    10-10-10 09:24 AM
    I have the 9800 torch... the same thing happened to my phone... when i turn of wi-fi it gives the error "unable to find the requested server". after a few searches and have found no answers i was able to fix it by going to setup wifi and rejoining my current internet connection. Just click on manually enter a network and use the same settings to join your wi-fi.
    03-12-11 07:37 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD