Hey guys,

I know this topics probably been posted about many times, but i have yet to find a thread to do with my specific problem. I just got the Blackberry Torch 9800, and noticed a problem with it as soon as i began it's set up. My home wifi would connect just fine, but whenever i would go to the browser or my email, it would never open.

After a battery pull, router reset, and countless google searches, my problem remains unsolved. I have come across a few sites on Direct Wi Fi Browsing, but none of which directed to the Torch, therefore impossible for me to follow.

After calling my service provider they basically told me that without a data plan i cannot acess my browser even at home. I proceeded to give them an earfull about how stupid it was to have a feature on a phone i paid well over 500 dollars for that i cannot use without constantly forking over more money.

So please, if anyone has any information or ideas about what I can do to begin using my phone the way it was inteded, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time .
    05-14-11 08:09 PM
    ...they basically told me that without a data plan i cannot acess my browser even at home.

That's how it works. No data plan no browser.
    05-14-11 08:18 PM
    theres no such thing as direct browsing for the torch then ?
    05-14-11 08:25 PM
    As far as I know, that's correct; on ATT you need a BlackBerrydata plan. I opted for the cheapest data plan, since I use wi-fi for most of my internet, either at home or at work.

By the way, if you list your carrier and location, it'll help get you faster and more accurate answers.

Harry
    05-14-11 09:06 PM
    That is correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 09:45 PM
    Correct... Even to browse and use wifi, you still need a blackberry specific data plan, and a BIS (blackberry specific data plan)

A little more reasearch is wide before making 500$ purchases... As a work around, if you plan on using only (or mostly) wifi, just add on the smallest bb data plan offered...

As an alternative, you could see if you can find a third party browser (I.e. Opera Mini, or Opera 6) and see if you can load it via desktop manager / app loader, and try direct browsing that way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 10:34 PM
    Try Bolt. I tried it with the data off just using wifi, and it worked.
    05-15-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD