I was reading the threads on making the device work with tmo and just shaking my head - 3g is a huge part of the equation for me, is everyone just so caught up in having this particular device that they are willing to skip a major feature just to have the latest device or what? I love tmo so I get it but for a full kb what is so much better than a 9700 where everything works and there is a warranty in place? why not just flip over to att and get the fully kitty or is wifi support that important. just curious. thanks.
    08-17-10 12:50 PM
    I was reading the threads on making the device work with tmo and just shaking my head - 3g is a huge part of the equation for me, is everyone just so caught up in having this particular device that they are willing to skip a major feature just to have the latest device or what? I love tmo so I get it but for a full kb what is so much better than a 9700 where everything works and there is a warranty in place? why not just flip over to att and get the fully kitty or is wifi support that important. just curious. thanks.
    They same reason why I bought an unlocked Storm 2. I really loved the phone but I really loved my carrier (AT&T, which I also work for). But I was so glad AT&T came out with the Torch. I could finally get on 3G.
    08-17-10 01:23 PM
    Because people want it and 3G isn't "a huge part of the equation for them" There's so many wifi hotspots around that it isn't a big deal for them. I spend about 95% of my day connected to wifi, so having 3G speeds isn't all that important. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Although, I won't be getting it... I don't like the phone, don't like Att, don't like Tmobile, and would never switch carriers because of a phone.
    08-17-10 01:25 PM
    Because different people have different tastes/likes/wants/needs.

Only way I would use an iPhone is if someone gave it to me free with a free unlimited plan. I wouldn't use an Android device if you paid me.

To each his own.
    08-17-10 01:29 PM
    Because people want it and 3G isn't "a huge part of the equation for them" There's so many wifi hotspots around that it isn't a big deal for them. I spend about 95% of my day connected to wifi, so having 3G speeds isn't all that important. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Although, I won't be getting it... I don't like the phone, don't like Att, don't like Tmobile, and would never switch carriers because of a phone.
    guess it comes down to where you live or the proximity to wif - here in LA we are always in cars, lol. no really, the only time I am on wifi is when I am @ home where i don't get any reception. I have been using a 9100 for several weeks and the 3g has been a revelation vs edge - I can be driving talking via bt and still get email or tether to a server to fix something and be on the phone with the client, etc. google search is instant and having the queries fill in real time is flat out amazing - even with 3g dropping calls vs edge (almost never a drop on edge) I would never go back but as they say 31 flavors.
    08-17-10 01:33 PM
    It's hype and excitement. When everyone tell you this is something you GOTTA have no matter what, one becomes caught in that spiral. I have paid several ETFs just to have the latest and the greatest. I have found something that makes me happy and although most likely in a few months there will be something new and better i will try to fight the urge until it makes sense.
    08-17-10 01:40 PM
    No, there are people (GASP!!!) who actually WANT this device!!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!!

I don't buy something because it's a fad - had that been the case I'd bought a 4G. I buy what I want and what suits me.

Many people have their reasons for what they want and if it works for them, it works for them.
    08-17-10 01:44 PM
    I shorten up the titled a bit. Lets not invite flaming.
    08-17-10 01:47 PM
    08-17-10 01:48 PM
    that's going to help a lot! lol.

you got a double post there bud
    08-17-10 01:50 PM
    No, there are people (GASP!!!) who actually WANT this device!!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!!

I don't buy something because it's a fad - had that been the case I'd bought a 4G. I buy what I want and what suits me.

Many people have their reasons for what they want and if it works for them, it works for them.
    Sure, but you are not buying a phone that is "somewhat" compatible with your carrier... I see you have AT&T.
    08-17-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD