Help me pls! My torch run so slowly. I dnt knw why

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 12:25 AM
    Hello There,

I would love to help you with you Issue but please be more explicit, what you did before your device got to run so slow or just suddenly it runs slow ??

I have 2quick suggestions for you and please Fallow:

1. Install and App called Memory Boost and do a Boost Up memory it will clean all the junk you have left from all the searching in you Device.
    Here is the link: FREE
    Free Memory Booster Pro - Download Memory Booster Pro - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    If you don't like that one choose one from Here:
    Search Results for "Memory" - BlackBerry App World

2. Other thing it is to Wipe the device from Option DO A BACK UP OF YOU DEVICE before wiping, and to memory card as well.

3. Do you have lots OF apps Running in BG ? pres and hold BB button and a menu POP up with all running apps you have to see only Home, Messages, Browser, BBM and Phone rest of them have to be closed.
    If non of the above works the only way to make yu torch running smooth again is installing a new OS and if you are not familiar wit it please consult forum and please take a look at this tutorial
    Clean instal 101
    08-27-11 12:58 AM
    i have the same problem. im tired of wipe and reinstall software to solve this problem.
    when i reinstall the OS, the slow problem gone.
    but 1 month and its slow again
    09-08-11 05:41 AM
    Usually a simple battery pull does the trick... Failing that DON'T install a "memory booster" app... It's counter productive to add something else to use system memory which is probablly low already...

A couple of tricks that might help:

Free up your device memory. Don't save movies, music, pictures, documents etc... To your device... Save all of that kind of stuff onto your memory card. If you don't have a memory card, get one. The less that is saved on your device's internam memory, the better. The only thing you should save to the device memory is ringtones, as if the device is in mass storage mode, or the media card is not present, and you are using a ringtone saved on the memory card, your device will not ring...

Also, try un-installing apps you no longer use, as well as make sure you are not leaving apps ruunning in the background... Close them properly using the 'back' button, or the menu/close option... Using the red 'end' button only minimizes the app, leaving it running in the background...- think of a coumpuer with 10 differents programs minimized on the taskbar...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

-tbrenn

09-08-11 07:11 AM
    +1 to what Tbrenn says. Most of the time a slow running Torch means:
    1. Operator error - we did not close an app or an app may cause an issue. Or we are saving data to the device, not to the media card.
    2. Theme we are using may cause a problem.
    3. We are using an old SD card that may not be formatted right or may be a less than stellar quality.
    4. The particular OS version we are using just doesn't work well on our phone.
    5. Using the escape key to get out of some apps doesn't close them, i.e. AtBat.11. They will run in the background. You have to use the BB menu key and hit either the "exit" or in some cases the "close".
    Last edited by newcollector; 09-08-11 at 02:54 PM.
    09-08-11 09:37 AM
    And please close your apps when you're not using them. This is the #1 issue I see on peoples berries - 20+ apps all up and running.
    09-08-11 02:37 PM
    i have the same problem. im tired of wipe and reinstall software to solve this problem.
    when i reinstall the OS, the slow problem gone.
    but 1 month and its slow again
    I have exactly the same problem.
    09-08-11 05:04 PM
    All you need to do is take out the battery 30 seconds and your phone will be ok again. I had this issue for months and i used to reinstall the OS but 1 month after reinstall it was slow again. Then i found this, about the battery... Before i found this, i just take the battery about 5 seconds. It must be 30 seconds (or more) ...

09-09-11 06:21 AM
    yeah happens to me sometimes to my torch would be so slow and it will show the time clock thing but i dont know whats wrong with it maybe cause i have so much apps on it... but i do a battery pull and it will work fine and it will happen again but i dont think its anything seriously wrong just all the stuff i have on the torch
    09-09-11 08:17 AM
    I will say again, take the battery outo 30 seconds ( or more ).. It worked to me

09-09-11 05:38 PM
    Yeah that probably works but who wanna keep pulling out their battery all the time whenever their phone start to lag.. I think it just depends on how many apps u have and files u have on your sd card

09-09-11 05:44 PM
    If non of the above works the only way to make yu torch running smooth again is installing a new OS and if you are not familiar wit it please consult forum and please take a look at this tutorial
    It's not necessary in install a new OS if they follow the steps below.

What I do when my phone is running slow is do a battery pull and after the phone has completely loaded (give it 2 mins after your homescreen appears). Go into the eScreen using this site: Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

After getting into that screen, go to 'JVM Engineering Screens'
    With everything under Processes, select it, click the trackpad twice and select 'Thorough GC' (Top middle)

After that, your phone should run pretty nicely. If you want to do more, you need QuickLaunch and BatteryEx.

It will most likely go slow going into Flash Usage, Object Usage and Persistent Objects in Flash.

QuickLaunch: Use the 'Memory Cleaner' which is under Applications if you have not already added it to your QL somewhere.

BatteryEx: Click the other icon that came with BatteryEx. Obviously the one that doesn't change settings.

Also, if you still have the Event Log, hold alt and hit l g l g (I think) or if you have SixTools go to the second panel and go to the Event Log, hit the BB button and clear it.
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 09-09-11 at 06:20 PM.
    09-09-11 06:15 PM
    I just trade mine for a 9810, so slick!
    09-10-11 01:40 AM
    My 9810 downloads very slow but my browsing is fast . I have the latest software did a battery pull , wipe my fone and start over no pics or vids on my fone and now app
    08-08-12 09:07 AM
    I found an amazing app that will make your phone much faster and cleans it up in a jiffy. It's called MemoryUp Personal. Look in app world, everyone I introduce this app to love it!

Oh ya, and it's FREE also! haha

Enjoy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD