I paired my 9800 with my Parrot CK3000 and all was well. I've had the parrot for 2+ years working on my BB 8350i with no issues.

I started noticing that it would disconnect (unpair) after a period of time. Then today I noticed after it unpaired that I would find the "do you want to connect to this hotspot" type message on my screen. Then I remember seeing that during some or all of the other unpairing incidents.

Any ideas whats going on? I believe there is an option on that screen that says "don't ask me again" Maybe selecting that will solve the problem? I'll experiment with this and report back, but why would hotspots cause BT to disconnect?

Roveer
    11-02-10 03:12 PM
    This is called interference. Turn off wifi until you actually need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 03:53 PM

I have my wifi and bluetooth on all the time. I use SmartWifi (got it on the Crackberry DoD) and have had no problems with BT headset dropping. Literally never turn either BT or wifi off on my torch.
    11-02-10 06:46 PM

So this is normal behavior. Driving down the road and my BT disconnects because I come in range of a Wifi hotspot? Never happened on my previous 2 BB's. I think something else is going on here. It's not feasable to keep Wifi turned off until you need it. That's not the way these devices were designed to be used. With all due respect. I actually need wifi to automatically connect when I get to my office, or when I get home or I come into range of an AT&T hotspot.

Roveer
    11-02-10 07:08 PM
    I would not say normal. You have to be close enough to the AP to saturate the BT reciever as typically they have stronger signals than BT plus the freq has to be close enough together. Maybe the AP is using something other than band 10 which may put is close enough. Did you say this happens on all wifi sites?

11-02-10 08:33 PM
    I would not say normal. You have to be close enough to the AP to saturate the BT reciever as typically they have stronger signals than BT plus the freq has to be close enough together. Maybe the AP is using something other than band 10 which may put is close enough. Did you say this happens on all wifi sites?

I drove 10 miles down one road and it happened 3-4 times alone. Today when it happened, I was entering a highway, probably 100 yeards from any building. Doesn't really qualify as interference in my book. I've driven these roads many times over 2 years and have never had this happen on my other BB devices. Funny, how every time I found the "hotspot" message on my screen. Something is up.

Roveer
    11-02-10 10:15 PM
    I have had my bluetooth (bb655+) disconnect then reconnect several times as well. Never been looking at my phone when it does it. I also use smartwifi. It happend this morning when leaving my driveway (so may be Wifi related) but also again where I park at work (large lot far away from any buildings). Never did it on my 9700, Flip, Pearl or any other smartphone. Never lost a call though
    12-16-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD