Why did BB 9800 have to be an AT&T exclusive? What about T-Mobile?

What Blackberry exclusive is T-Mobile gonna get from RIMM this year?
    08-04-10 10:40 PM
    I have been with T-Slowbile for 3 years now and for the 9800 to come to AT&T before them sealed their fate with me. I love my 8900 but the only reason I still have it is because with the help of CRACKBERRY I've got OS 5.0 on it. Now rumor has it that the exclusive is the 9300...which is what, a 8900 with a trackpad... come on. Im not gonna keep spending $100 a month for my services with them and the phones they have are basically 2 years old now. Sh!t - even Cincinnati Bell beat them to the Pearl 3G!!! Take my advice...JUMP SHIP NOW! I AM
    08-04-10 10:55 PM
    Because T-mobile doesn't sell as many BBs as AT&T. They
    tried the exclusive with Verizon and you see how they've
    abandoned BlackBerry for Android. AT&T has the most
    smartphones users as well as BlackBerry users, so RIM is
    smart in realizing that their best bet would be with AT&T.
    08-04-10 11:18 PM
    I'm likely leaving my BB behind. I'm on Verizon and RIM has abandoned me with outdated hardware. Not sure what I will upgrade to but there's not a snowballs chance I'm going ATT and their crappy network. This exclusivity game is bad for business........the phone creators are the ones losing out in the end. It's good for ATT I suppose but I'm not changing carriers. Carrier first, phone second......the phones only as good as the signal in my opinion.
    08-04-10 11:29 PM
    Surprisingly I have no idea what this about as I am with Rogers.
    08-04-10 11:30 PM
    If you read Crackberry Kevin's review of the 9800, big blue asked RIM to make this phone and started developing it in 2008. So it makes sense they would have the exclusive in the states. kind of like verizon and the storm series. but hopefully big blue ball will do a better job with releasing OS updates. because we all know big red blows when it come to that department.
    08-05-10 05:25 AM
    Why can't people just accept that this is the way it is! These are multi million dollar deals made between RIM and the carrier.

If you want a reason, it is MONEY!

Like it or not, IF you want the cutting edge equipment, get off T-Mobile and go to AT&T! If you are not willing to do that then STOP complaining!

These are the facts!
    08-05-10 05:48 AM
    I use to have AT&T and i have to say that i was not pleased. Their network was soooo SPOTTY and all over the place. It was never reliable or consistent. I am not sure why. I was shocked because AT&T is the nations 2nd largest carrier and i found myself with better coverage and reliability with Sprint & T-Mobile. Common sense would lead one to believe that the 3rd and 4th largest carriers wouldnt have as many signal towers as AT&T and Verizon, so i am not sure what thats about.

I would never go back to AT&T until they made their data plans like T-Mobile/Sprint - $30.00 unlimited everything. Not $30.00 for data alone.
    08-05-10 04:24 PM
    If you read Crackberry Kevin's review of the 9800, big blue asked RIM to make this phone and started developing it in 2008. So it makes sense they would have the exclusive in the states. kind of like verizon and the storm series. but hopefully big blue ball will do a better job with releasing OS updates. because we all know big red blows when it come to that department.
    Don't count on it. AT&T has "released" only two OS updates for the 9000, 4.6.0.297 about a year ago -- almost ten months after the phone came out -- and 4.6.0.304 last November. And nothing since, certainly not OS 5.0.

I'm quite sure OS leaks and other carrier's "official" OS updates will be more plentiful for the 9800 than anything from AT&T.
    08-05-10 04:41 PM
    dude why did you repost this same stuff from 2 days ago???

http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/wh...mobile-508854/
    08-05-10 05:54 PM
    Im not sure why any phone carrier would go with ATT exclusive. 2 friends of mine just switched over and they hate it.
    08-09-10 12:37 PM
    I would never go back to AT&T until they made their data plans like T-Mobile/Sprint - $30.00 unlimited everything. Not $30.00 for data alone.
    You get what you pay for!

ATT rules where I work, I would be tempted to go to Verizone if ATT left town but t-mo, NEVER! I need DEPENDABLE communications!
    08-09-10 12:44 PM
    Tmo cant hang in northern nj or even 30 miles north of nyc, not for me anyways which is why I switched to At&t.
    08-09-10 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD